Post Reply Email Thread
31st October 2019, 10:15 PM |#201  
Flag Black Creek, wi
Thanks Meter: 154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaroja18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if I use the odin 3.13.1 patched ???

Because the post say confirmation G950W (Canada) to G950U (US) with the odin 3.13.1 patched

Thats because they are Exactly the same hardware wise. The G9750 doesn't have CDMA support and lacks the AFAIK it dosent have the radio hardware available. Even if it were identical you would first need to find a way to unlock the bootloader on the US models in order to bypass Samsung's "security" preventing you from flashing "unapproved" software.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using XDA Labs
1st November 2019, 02:15 AM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbbb

For those looking for a modded or patched odin 3.13.1 version that is a newer build than all the renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patched the v3.13.1 Odin to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy patch; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.
- Developed and successfully tested for my verizon samsung s8 g950u to g950u1 and combination firmwares packages.
- Confirmed working on an unlocked S9+ g965U1 to VZW g965u.
- additional confirmation: G950w from G950u

Attached is the latest patched odin3 v3.13.1 windows version and the original odin v3.13.1 windows and mac version.

Official v3.13.1 Changelog
-Support for compressed binary files (LZ4)
-Support for Android O (Oreo)
-Implement 80 ports Mass D / L
-DVIF for Mac bundle

Be careful flashing!

** Watch out for newer v3.13.2 and v3.13.3 versions. So far I have yet to come across an unadulterated archive. **

¡BBB!
Walking Domestic

Stock odin sourced from pedant87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarrior319

Thats because they are Exactly the same hardware wise. The G9750 doesn't have CDMA support and lacks the AFAIK it dosent have the radio hardware available. Even if it were identical you would first need to find a way to unlock the bootloader on the US models in order to bypass Samsung's "security" preventing you from flashing "unapproved" software.

can this be used to flash a G960F firmware on a G960N (korean) device? if yes, what options in odin do I need to enable? Re-partition? Nand Erase? should I use PIT?
help a brotha out sir, this is giving me anxiety, I wanna get it over with.
1st November 2019, 10:32 AM |#203  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billa

Yes, use the patched version, extract the PIT file from the CSC file, add it into the PIT tab, add the rest of the 4-files, and under Options check the first 4 options (including Nand Erase). Make sure that the "U" firmware's 4th digit in its version number from right to left is equal or higher than what's already on your phone, if not then the flash will fail. This worked for me, in fact just did one an hour ago.

does this also work to flash from G960N to G960F? is it necessary to use repartition and nand erase?
5th November 2019, 11:18 AM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 311

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coomer91

does this also work to flash from G960N to G960F? is it necessary to use repartition and nand erase?

Yes, I use the PIT and NAND Erase function on virtually all my flashes, it seems to give a cleaner flash with the memory erased (but it won't erase the IMEI or other important parameters). Once in a while I get a "fail" right after the sboot is written, but by simply rebooting the phone into download mode (important to reboot and not just try to continue flashing which will certainly fai) and restarting the flash it goes though just fine.
Anyway, as of now it's not possible to flash a combination firmware on the S10 series due to Samsung's new security, and doubt it could be patched since the phone's bootloader is asking for a verification code (a challenge response authentication).
Not even sure if you can go from the US G97xU to G97xU1, if anyone has tried, drop a line please.

As an interesting tidbit, I've got a G970F (international model) from a customer, and it seems to work with a Verizon sim card even though the online specs shows that it's not CDMA-LTE capable, maybe they have finally included all bands/modes even on the "F" series too. I'd be interested if anyone else could confirm this.
5th November 2019, 01:55 PM |#205  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billa

Yes, I use the PIT and NAND Erase function on virtually all my flashes, it seems to give a cleaner flash with the memory erased (but it won't erase the IMEI or other important parameters). Once in a while I get a "fail" right after the sboot is written, but by simply rebooting the phone into download mode (important to reboot and not just try to continue flashing which will certainly fai) and restarting the flash it goes though just fine.

Flashing an F firmware on an N device keep failing with a "Secure Check Fail (PIT)" error no matter what I did. tried with patched/unpatched Odin, with/without Re-partition, with/without Nand Erase, with/without PIT file, nothing worked, always the same error. the only thing left for me to try is using Heimdal, but I don't know how to convert stock odin packages to Heimdal packages.
5th November 2019, 04:32 PM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 311

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coomer91

Flashing an F firmware on an N device keep failing with a "Secure Check Fail (PIT)" error no matter what I did. tried with patched/unpatched Odin, with/without Re-partition, with/without Nand Erase, with/without PIT file, nothing worked, always the same error. the only thing left for me to try is using Heimdal, but I don't know how to convert stock odin packages to Heimdal packages.

I don't think you'll be able to force flash the "F" firmware onto an "N" phone, while they are almost identical, the bootloader signing is different.
There are certain combinations you can do, for example the US "U1" onto regular "U" phones and vice versa, but that's about it.
If you want to try Heimdal you must do a double extraction using 7Zip, since it was written a while ago and it doesn't handle the newer LZ4 files.
First extract the 4 main files (AP, BL, CP, CS) including the PIT file from the non-home_CSC, then extract the individual ".img" files from the just extracted main files.
You will will need to install the 7Zip-ZS plugin codecs like this:

1. download the codec archiv from https://mcmilk.de/projects/7-Zip-zstd/
2. create a new directory named "Codecs"
3. put in there the CODEC-x32.dll or the CODEC-x64.dll, depending on your 7-Zip installation
- normally, the x32 should go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\Codecs"
- and the x64 version should go in here: "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\Codecs"
4. then, you may check if the dll is correctly installed via this command: `7z.exe i`
The output should look like this:
7-Zip 17.00 beta (x64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2017 Igor Pavlov : 2017-04-29
6th November 2019, 08:11 PM |#207  
Flag San Francisco De Macoris
Thanks Meter: 24

More
perfect work
2nd December 2019, 05:39 PM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
AT&T Galaxy S9 SM-G960U to 960U1
Hi guys, I have one question, I got an AT&T S9 SM-G960U as a gift from a friend in the US and when i got back to Mexico simply can not update it, checking the OTA updates and Smart Switch always says it is up to date, but is on june security update, someone on reddit said that I should flash a 960U1 firmware so I can have ota updates here on Mexico, but this is my first Samsung phone and I'm lost with all variants on firmwares , went to sammoble and search 960U1 and find diferent carrier versions of the firmware. Can someone tell me which version can I use on my phone and if the patched 3.13.1 version of Odin is the right one for the job. Thanks
3rd December 2019, 09:18 PM |#209  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 32

More
i used to flash U firmware with no pronblem now seems like something changed,i flashed 3 s7 edged from g935V to G935U susceesfully ,but now im trying to revert one to ther V firmaware thats verizon ,caue i need send phone back,but it fails ,i am flashing a verizon firmware newer than the one in the phone so not sure what the problem is,now i know bootloader cant be lower but this time i think is a newer or maybe im wrong???? the one in the phone is 9 the one im trying to flash its A????? is that the problem??????

edit....my bad both are A bootloader but the one im flashing is newer ,to make clear the one in the phone is ACSF1 and the one im trying to flash is ACSF2
4th December 2019, 12:13 AM |#210  
Flag Black Creek, wi
Thanks Meter: 154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpad2010

i used to flash U firmware with no pronblem now seems like something changed,i flashed 3 s7 edged from g935V to G935U susceesfully ,but now im trying to revert one to ther V firmaware thats verizon ,caue i need send phone back,but it fails ,i am flashing a verizon firmware newer than the one in the phone so not sure what the problem is,now i know bootloader cant be lower but this time i think is a newer or maybe im wrong???? the one in the phone is 9 the one im trying to flash its A????? is that the problem??????

edit....my bad both are A bootloader but the one im flashing is newer ,to make clear the one in the phone is ACSF1 and the one im trying to flash is ACSF2

The bootloader version comes before the A. Bootloader is always a number

4th December 2019, 12:17 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I need some help, but first a question, I bought a note 10+ F, the one with exynos and double sim, I try to change the csc by updating with the most recent firmware and i used the sammobile odin, everything seems to be OK, but after re starting the scs won't change.
The last time I manually change a scs was on the s7 edge and then it was easy by flashing, but with this phone apparently is not the case, can I use this modded version of odin to change the csc? The original csc of the note is XEF (firmware) and TPA (active) and I want to change it to MXO, PD I bought it from Amazon.

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.13.1, modded, odin, patched, princecomsy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)