By realbbb, Senior Member on 13th March 2018, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2018, 06:14 PM |#21  
Flag Paradise City, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
N950F?
Does Anyone Know If this will work on my SM-N-950F ?

11th July 2018, 03:23 AM |#22  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnsxda

Does Anyone Know If this will work on my SM-N-950F ?

It will work just fine.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G950U using XDA Labs
28th July 2018, 11:41 AM |#23  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
@realbbb can u please help me out
i have a s8 950u on vwz that i bought off offerup and when i reset it it wanted a google account and not for teh last weeks wont wser his emails after i bought it from him,teh imei is not banned so hasnt been reported stolen o lost but i tryed the COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU1AQCF_CL11021239_QB130081 57_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 and now im stuck in factory binary mode ive tryed about every odin including u patch on oreo 7.0,8.0 i hav about 4 different ones all for vrw and everytime my it fails and phone reads in red (SW REV FAIL : [AB] FUSED 4 > BINARY 3 ) and this is what ur odin reads on a failed attemped
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 4699 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> abl.elf
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i have always started Odin as administrator no matter if its ur version or another one things i have tryed started open in download mode pust button down then started back in download mode again and also ran battier dry and charged it to 50% and tryed again but phone when it boots gos to factory binary mode every time unless i put it in download mode

my question is can u help me or someone help me or am i bricked?
1st August 2018, 05:26 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi Guys,

Would this Odin version work for following problem?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...nary1-t3823113
Quote:

When trying to downgrade/flash below firmware via Odin I'm getting error:
SW REV. CHECK FAIL(BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 2, BINARY: 1

Or if BL disabled following some recommendations:
KERNEL REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE:2, BINARY:1

Current version: (got via OTA)
G960FXXU2BRG6
Service provider OXM_XEF_00_0025 ... XEF/XEF, XEO/DBT - but this has probably nothing to do with that.

Returning to:
DBT-G960FXXU1BRE5

8th August 2018, 03:06 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkadds2

Hi Guys,

Would this Odin version work for following problem?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...nary1-t3823113

No Odin will help.

A locked BL cannot downgrade. Once on BL 2 (G960FXXU2BRG6) you cannot flash BL 1 (G960FXXU1BRE5).

BBB
Red Key

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
8th August 2018, 03:17 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperoniredd

i have a s8 950u on vwz that i bought off offerup and when i reset it it wanted a google account and not for teh last weeks wont wser his emails after i bought it from him,teh imei is not banned so hasnt been reported stolen o lost but i tryed the COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU1AQCF_CL11021239_QB130081 57_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 and now im stuck in factory binary mode ive tryed about every odin including u patch on oreo 7.0,8.0 i hav about 4 different ones all for vrw and everytime my it fails and phone reads in red (SW REV FAIL : [AB] FUSED 4 > BINARY 3 ) and this is what ur odin reads on a failed attemped
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 4699 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> abl.elf
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i have always started Odin as administrator no matter if its ur version or another one things i have tryed started open in download mode pust button down then started back in download mode again and also ran battier dry and charged it to 50% and tryed again but phone when it boots gos to factory binary mode every time unless i put it in download mode

my question is can u help me or someone help me or am i bricked?

Once the bootloader has upgraded, on a locked BL, there is no downgrading. You must find firmware that is equal to your current BL version or greater. This is true for both combination and regular firmware versions.

BBB
Rellik Mrow

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
8th August 2018, 03:22 AM |#27  
Flag Cleveland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbbb

Once the bootloader has upgraded, on a locked BL, there is downgrading. You must find firmware that is equal to your current BL version. This is true for both combination and regular firmware versions.

BBB
Rellik Mrow

How do i find the right boot loader with the combination that I have installed so I know what firmware I have to install like I said I can't boot to binary if that helps
9th August 2018, 10:50 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

How do i find the right boot loader with the combination that I have installed so I know what firmware I have to install like I said I can't boot to binary if that helps

If I'm not mistaken the "U1" part is bootloader which then has been moved to U2, so that's the matching part.
9th August 2018, 11:41 PM |#29  
Flag Cleveland

Donate to Me
More
I'm so lost I ended up talking it to a sell shop on a corner that fixes phones and they are charging me 30.00 to put stock firmware on it....tired of playing with it been messing with it for 4 or 6 weeks and nothing
10th August 2018, 12:03 AM |#30  

More
Quote:

I'm so lost I ended up talking it to a sell shop on a corner that fixes phones and they are charging me 30.00 to put stock firmware on it....tired of playing with it been messing with it for 4 or 6 weeks and nothing

Where they able to move you from U2 to U1 version? Based on all the sources it is hardly possible though it should as at the end of the day it is just a partition we overwrite.
10th August 2018, 12:11 AM |#31  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:

You're on BL 4, download BL 4 firmware files from either updato.com or sammobile.com for your SM-G950U VZW and flash it via regular Odin 3.13.1 by putting all correct files in their slots (BL in BL, AP in AP, CP in CP, CSC in CSC) as well as in options of odin click "nand erase all", leave default boxes checked and then click start. Your device will be fixed but also erased. Your device isn't bricked or broken. Just follow my directions and you'll be fine. Your device will boot normally and just continue setup as usual. Never pay ANY place to flash stock firmware. It's as easy as my instructions and they'll charge your 30$ just for this simple process. It is quite unbelievable in my opinion.

P.S. to flash files to your device you need to be in download mode, to do that, press the bixby+volume down button+ power button to enter download mode. A warning will popup saying "flashing blah blah blah" , just ignore it, and click volume up. After that, ignore any errors (if any) and follow my procedure. It will flash fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.13.1, lz4, modded, odin, princecomsy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)