Android-Generic Project - PC/GSI Build Automation Toolkit

Search This thread

cjeu100

Jan 26, 2020
Thanks to the Bliss OS team for your hard work, can you please make a Bliss OS for PC able to run live from USB with persistent data? so we can carry it with us?
Try to avoid that and always install on hdd or SSD
1. Usb drives are much slower than hdd or ssd, the os get stuck affecting the user experience.
2. A lot of people got their usb drives bricked, I bricked a 32gb, my friend bricked two 32gb hp usb drives and one SanDisk 4gb, another person told me he had a couple of usb drives that became perpetually corrupt.
Even external hard drive better than usb drive.

Reactions: IamTheBRAVE

IamTheBRAVE

• Sleep states aren’t working right on a few machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart.
I have this on my pc same as with AG10-carbon rom. Sometimes the screen turns black (or if screen timeout is reached), the only way to recover is to put it to sleep. On waking it back up, the boot animation starts and it goes back to sleep. The only workaround is to press power button multiple times until the boot animation completes (obviously some script is interupted). In the video i set timeout to 30sec to trigger it. Any way of turning it off completely?
Also another problem i have is: key/cursor presses are not recognised in some games with buttons (like start game, options, etc) doesn't seem like a keymapping problem...
Edit: sorry for the huge file size, took a while to upload on the app

Attachments

• mp4video.zip
    177.1 MB · Views: 51
May 21, 2018
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello! Can you please help me? I'm trying to install it on VirtualBox, but when I try to format the partition to ext4, I get an error which reads, "Installation Failed! Please check if you have enough free disk space to install AG-11." Followed all the instructions in https://wiki.blissroms.org/index.php?title=Bliss_OS/Installation/VirtualBox.
Also, the OS randomly reboots and gets stuck in the boot animation while using it through live USB.

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Hello! Can you please help me? I'm trying to install it on VirtualBox, but when I try to format the partition to ext4, I get an error which reads, "Installation Failed! Please check if you have enough free disk space to install AG-11." Followed all the instructions in https://wiki.blissroms.org/index.php?title=Bliss_OS/Installation/VirtualBox.
Also, the OS randomly reboots and gets stuck in the boot animation while using it through live USB.
Try to make sure you setup your virtual storage as ide and not SCSI. That's the most common cause of your symptoms

May 21, 2018
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello! Thanks for replying. The virtual storage is set to IDE and not SCSI.
2020-12-27_13-09.png

Spastro

Feb 18, 2020
Hi all. Been following this os lately as I have some old Toshiba wt7-c tablets that run windows 8.1 natively. Has anyone had experience here removing windows completely and running this x86 android os on these tablets by any chance.

It's got 1gb ram and an atom CPU.

Cheers

UncleRipper

Jan 9, 2013
Udine
Hello! Can you please help me? I'm trying to install it on VirtualBox, but when I try to format the partition to ext4, I get an error which reads, "Installation Failed! Please check if you have enough free disk space to install AG-11."

I'm getting the same error here! Tried 20GB and still no luck with Bliss 11 :(
Bliss 10 installation was successful on this vm
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

1609199278686.png

PseudoResonance

Nov 11, 2018
I'm getting the same error here! Tried 20GB and still no luck with Bliss 11 :(
Bliss 10 installation was successful on this vm
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
I've also been having this same issue on VMware Workstation, using a 64GB drive. The issue seems to come from GRUB somehow. The OS seems installs fine without GRUB, but obviously, this is a problem, as GRUB is necessary for it to boot. Choosing to install GRUB is what causes this issue.

EDIT: I wanted to point out that the issue seems to be independent of hardware. It occurs both with SATA and IDE drives, and the GRUB part makes me think it's probably not a VM configuration error, but rather some kind of error with calculating space requirements in the installer.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleRipper

UncleRipper

Jan 9, 2013
Udine
Hi all. Been following this os lately as I have some old Toshiba wt7-c tablets that run windows 8.1 natively.

I'd say you can try. I think it will run a bit slow, try dual booting first perhaps? There are a few installers linked in the release post, easy and probably painless if you don't like it.

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I've also been having this same issue on VMware Workstation, using a 64GB drive. The issue seems to come from GRUB somehow. The OS seems installs fine without GRUB, but obviously, this is a problem, as GRUB is necessary for it to boot. Choosing to install GRUB is what causes this issue.

EDIT: I wanted to point out that the issue seems to be independent of hardware. It occurs both with SATA and IDE drives, and the GRUB part makes me think it's probably not a VM configuration error, but rather some kind of error with calculating space requirements in the installer.

I will put looking into the installer on my list of things to do soon

cjeu100

Jan 26, 2020
Hi all. Been following this os lately as I have some old Toshiba wt7-c tablets that run windows 8.1 natively. Has anyone had experience here removing windows completely and running this x86 android os on these tablets by any chance.

Cheers
Check this
You have toshiba wt7c, they have wt8b and wt10, but you can try those builds. Bliss OS eats more ram than windows 10 (consumes around 3-4gb ram on 32GB ram pc and takes 1.5gb on 4gb ram laptop)

Last edited:

cjeu100

Jan 26, 2020
I have this on my pc same as with AG10-carbon rom. Sometimes the screen turns black (or if screen timeout is reached), the only way to recover is to put it to sleep. On waking it back up, the boot animation starts and it goes back to sleep. The only workaround is to press power button multiple times until the boot animation completes (obviously some script is interupted). In the video i set timeout to 30sec to trigger it. Any way of turning it off completely?
Also another problem i have is: key/cursor presses are not recognised in some games with buttons (like start game, options, etc) doesn't seem like a keymapping problem...
Edit: sorry for the huge file size, took a while to upload on the app
This is because some apps only support touch input, they don't recognize mouse input (even popular game free fire has this problem)
Because these games are meant to be played using a touchscreen, not for a pc. Anyway, there are workarounds for this

cjeu100

Jan 26, 2020
Like what? I understand that not all apps will work on x86 yet so no big deal. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Happy new year to all.
Use hybrid mouse pointer of tincore keymapper....

Screenshot-20200928-222912.png

You can also use your touchpad as touchscreen if tincore detects like in above screenshot
(click on area 0 and choose multi touch direct net and customize the area for it properly, also click on the touchpad icon and disable access for android via tincore keymapper or else it will conflict, it will also conflict and emulate touch incorrectly if you have touch hybrid pointer function on two mouse buttons { on both your touchpads left click and external mouse left click, set m0 under touchpad to disabled} )

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BhvNtbW.png

Android-Generic Project - Android for PCs & GSI devices

What is Android-Generic Project?:

Android-Generic is a collection of scripts, manifests & patches that allow for rapid prototyping of Android projects based off AOSP to produce generic images for Android GSI or Linux PC hardware.

For a more in-depth description of the goals and progressions leading up to this project, please read
    this blog post

Vision:

To fill you all in on the grand scheme of things with Android-Generic, the plan come in stages.

* Stage 1 is laying the groundwork for all ROMs to build both PC and GSI builds by supplying them with a standard set of minimal patches. Thanks to Android-x86 & PHH-Treble, thats done. now we collect them and make them easy to apply for everyome. DONE

* Stage 2 is collecting variations of the conflicts those standard patches could potentially have and simplifying the process as we go. This is where all the Android ROMs come in ;) STARTED

* Stage 3 is to use the variations of conflict resolutions from each ROM folder to further automate the process and have vendor patches be automatically figured out by trying each resolution until one sticks. STARTED

* Stage 4 is to continue to automate elements of the process until things are almost too easy STARTED

-----------

Development Chats:

Telegram:

GSI/Treble

PC/x86/x86_64

Resources:

Android-Generic Logos

Basic Project Info

This is a development project for ROM developers that want to add PC or GSI support to their builds.

Prerequisites:

You will need to have synced a ROM and know how to build Android prior to adding this to your build envirnment.

ROMs that have PC builds (so far):

- BlissROM
    - AOSP
    - Tesla
    - WIP - Tipsy
    - WIP - Lineage OS
    - WIP - Validus
    - CarbonROM
    - WIP - PixelExperience

ROMs that have GSI builds (so far):

- BlissROM
    - AOSP

Please make sure you're well versed in building AOSP: AOSP building instructions before proceeding.

What you need to get started

Follow the link below, and checkout the full project documentation. I'll try to update the readme as often as possible to allow you all to keep up with changes as things are going to ramp up exponentially.

android-generic

Credits

We'd like to say thanks to all these great individuals first:
    @phhusson @cwhuang @maurossi @goffioul @me176c-dev @bosconovic @farmerbb @aclegg2011 @eternityson @utzcoz and many others

And these great teams second:
    @Google @LineageOS @GZR @OmniROM @SlimROM @ParanoidAndroid and many others, for you still lead the way for Open Innovation in the Android community.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android-Generic Project, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    electrikjesus, jackeagle

Version Information

Created 2020-07-11
    Last Updated 2020-08-16
    AG-11 Generic Builds - 2020-12-19
    !! Please remember to not quote these update posts, or any of the OP's !!

OK, it's been a little while since we've posted any updates in here. So I'd like to first announce that our PC's now have Android 11 (before most phones even get it). With this first round, we have a minimal Bliss OS, using kernel 5.8, mesa 20.1.0, etc.

But wait, that's not all, as we've also put together a solution for extracting libndk_translation, gapps, etc. from Google's emulator images, and we've worked out most of the kinks in getting not just gapps, but also ARM & ARM64 apps working in our PC builds with it. Source is WIP, but you can find it here:
    https://gitlab.com/android-generic/android_vendor_google_emu-x86

Also, since Android 11 made our past method of hiding the navbar obsolete (overscan method), we have to use the old qemu.hw.mainkeys as a backup plan, so there is a script (toggle_nav.sh) that can be used to disable/enable the soft navbar and use Taskbar if you prefer. Just remember that you will need to remount / as RW (mount -o remount,rw /dev/loop(0) /) Use cat proc/mounts to see where / is mounted for your install.

But wait, there's more...
    New member of Bliss, and creator of Gearlock, @AXIM0S just happens to have a few tricks up his sleeve still for A11, and his first one comes in the form of Rusty-Magisk ( https://github.com/AXIM0S/rusty-magisk/releases/tag/v0.1.3 ), allowing us to have a built in compatibility layer with Magisk. Currently, most magisk modules aren't working, but development is ongoing.

Gearlock is also working with most A11 builds too, but there are some issues, so instead of installing it for you by default, you all can make that decision on your own. Some of our builds will have a _g in the filename, representing that it contains a Gearlock installer binary in system/etc/. Just follow the instructions from gearlocks main thread to figure out how to install it. Be careful though, as it is easy to mess things up when using low-level tools like Gearlock. Use common sense please.

We will be updating the website with links soon, so please keep posted.
    https://android-generic.github.io

With all this being said, if you or anyone you know is interested in working along side me and the rest of the team, please reach out and let us know. Thanks!!

Build Info

All Builds Include:
    • Updated to Kernel-5.8
    • Script for disabling navbar
    • Taskbar (Desktop Mode Launcher)
    • Launcher3 (normal tablet mode launcher)
    • Lots more, check the changelog

Gearlock info:
    ( https://supreme-gamers.com/r/gearlock-custom-recovery-replacement-for-android-x86.40 )

NOGFX=0 - Do not override kernel CLI options (needed if you plan on using Vulkan mode)
    NORECOVERY=0 - Do not enter recovery or show countdown for it (should not combine any other Gearlock options with this)
    NOSC=0 - Do not supercharge the system partition/image on boot
    ALWAYSRECOVERY=0 - Always boot into recovery first.

!!WARNING!! The builds that use Kernel-5.2+ are no longer compatible with the AUTO_LOAD=old kernel command line option. If you are using this option to boot, then you will not be able to. It will bootloop.

PLEASE NOTE I recommend everyone testing to also use this in Vulkan mode or boot using gbm_gralloc, as I am considering making it the default. Vulkan mode can be done from the Advanced grub menu if you installed using the bootable installer, or if you used a different grub, you will want to add "VULKAN=1" to the grub entry before the word "quiet". If your device doesn't support Vulkan, you can add "GRALLOC=gbm" to the same place in your grub entry. Sleep states should work fine after that.
    Other bootloop issues can also be solved by booting with GRALLOC=gbm command -line option.

Recommend Installers (easy mode):
    These builds will work with Axon's installer:
    As well as ours:

Other installation methods (Virtualbox, EFI stub, etc.):
    Please review the Install section of the Bliss wiki: https://wiki.blissroms.org/index.php?title=Bliss_OS

Builds that have been uploaded:
    • AG-11-Bliss_OS-14-x86_64-202012190914_kernel-5.8-si-next-fs_r_egapps_libndk_wv_m.iso

Known new issues:
    • Sleep states aren't working right on a few machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart.
    • Some machines still have volume/sound issues, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.
    • Bluetooth on some devices
    • Rotation not working on some devices
    • Most magisk modules
    • Some ARM/ARM64 apps still do not work. Gimme logs
    • No Alt-f1/f7 console this round. If you need to mount as RW, or need access to root console, please boot in debug mode or add DEBUG=(0/1/2) for logging level.
    • Some soundcards still start up quiet AF, please use an EQ app like Volume Booster by Goodev or follow the alsa instructions from Android-x86 docs/groups.
    • Widevine is not working yet, enjoy most other video formats for the moment
    • Firefox browser force quits on some machines. Will be updating asap

Download:

Website has been updated with download link added to the "Other AG Flavors" section of the site:
    https://android-generic.github.io

Changelogs:

Code:
    Way too many changes to list here. Please see the changelogs for each build, or check the history in the Android-Generic repo to see what we're working on. https://gitlab.com/android-generic/vendor_android-generic/-/commits/r11

Thanks, and #stayblissful ;)

Head on over to http://blissroms.com for info on Bliss or http://blissos.org for more info on Bliss OS. And while you're there, feel free to checkout more of what we're doing as a nonprofit. We're also always looking for developers, maintainers, designers and social media peeps to volunteer their time. If that's you, you can find the Join Team Bliss link on our nonprofit page.
    Downloads

These are experimental builds and since I want to focus on helping developers through this project, we will not be supporting any of these builds. They are strictly for testing purposes only.

AG Website: https://android-generic.github.io

Downloads so far:
    PC
    • Bliss
    • AOSP
    • Tesla OS
    • CarbonROM
    • PixelExperience
    • Dirty Unicorns
    • Resurrection Remix
    • LineageOS
    • Bootleggers

GSI:
    • None

I will put looking into the installer on my list of things to do soon
    Is there any news on this?
    Sorry, nothing yet. I had to leave out of state for work and haven't gotten back home yet. It's been about a month on the road so far...