FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Port] [Recovery] BLU DASH M 2 - CTR Carliv Touch Recovery 6.6.1 - Root not required

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By romish, Junior Member on 29th March 2018, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
We have the first port and root for this highly unpopular BLU phone.

BLU DASH M 2 - Carliv Touch Recovery 6.6.1 aka CTR

I have managed to replace the stock recovery and still keep the stock system since there are no customs roms at the moment. The recovery doesn't require you to be rooted but rooting is possible after flashing or booting this rom. Don't fall for the fake Dash files on youtube, I have downloaded them all and they are copies of similar phones and don't work.. This one is ported over from the D070Q by Carliv.

It will not flash a full custom rom but will flash ZIPs so you can root, recover, flash partitions and hopefully pave the way for a TWRP . I do have a TWRP ported over to the BLU Dash M 2 but the touch doesn't work so you can't pass the first swipe screen.

DOWNLOAD from uploadfiles.io @ https://ufile.io/8oc6k

Instructions

- Make sure to backup any important files, this will wipe your data pics, vids, etc..
- Enable OEM unlock under developer options and power down phone
- Boot to stock recovery by holding PWR + VOL UP
- In recovery choose "Reboot to Bootloader" ( aka fastboot )
- You should now be at a blank screen with Fastboot mode: at the bottom

Open your terminal and type the following code, obviously replacing your paths with the correct ones.

fasboot devices < --- will return a serial number or something to indicate connection is OK
fastboot oem unlock <--- will prompt your phone screen to accept unlock request, chose VOL Up to accept and make sure it says "Unlock pass" at the bottom

For testing only
fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot CTR_6.6.1_BLU_DASH_M2_D090U.img

For permanent flash
fastboot flash recovery CTR_6.6.1_BLU_DASH_M2_D090U.img
Don't power down, instead boot in the same recovery
fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot CTR_6.6.1_BLU_DASH_M2_D090U.img

Inside CTR select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, Userdata / Data.
Select Reboot Phone from CTR menu and when asked to patch , Select " NO "

On first reboot it will reboot twice, then boot the stock system as if it was a factory reset.

This now paves the way for root with Magisk. See my post after this for rooting Blu Dash M2.

Enjoy !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romish Ad-Free
29th March 2018, 08:33 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
RESERVED
30th March 2018, 02:20 AM |#3  
Flag Chaguanas
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey Thank you, got it working. Had to alter it a bit though. Had to select "Yes" for the fix as mine was restoring the old recovery.
Also when I followed your method, the system was not mounting the internal storage.
So I didn't wipe the data and used "Yes" when rebooting and the recovery is good.

I'll be looking out for the root constructions.
Great tutorial though.
The Following User Says Thank You to 73Hn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 73Hn Ad-Free
30th March 2018, 02:38 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Hn

Hey Thank you, got it working. Had to alter it a bit though. Had to select "Yes" for the fix as mine was restoring the old recovery.
Also when I followed your method, the system was not mounting the internal storage.
So I didn't wipe the data and used "Yes" when rebooting and the recovery is good.

I'll be looking out for the root constructions.
Great tutorial though.

That will not work for root because Magisk needs the original boot rom. I'm sure it worked for you and that's a good start but wiping the partitions in order does work as well, I probably just left something out or got the order wrong. It's important we don't use CTR to patch because then Magisk complains about boot img being aleady patched and doesn't work.

Anyway you get the idea, it took me a few tries as well but in the end I managed to keep all 3 features intact, the stock rom + CTR + root. If you need to start again you don't need the full rom or sp flash, just flashing system.img to sytem partition works to restore everything.

I'm hoping to find the source code to the kernel and make a TWRP with touch working but the CTR is the only thing we have so far. It does flash zips just not full operating systems. It also flashes boot and recovery partitions.
30th March 2018, 03:20 AM |#5  
Flag Chaguanas

More
Thanks, I can restore and try again. Do you have the tutorial for the magisk to root?
30th March 2018, 03:40 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Hn

Thanks, I can restore and try again. Do you have the tutorial for the magisk to root?

I think most can figure out Magisk from here, the real hurdle was the lack of a recovery because the stock rom doesn't allow Magisk to be flashed.
30th March 2018, 03:41 AM |#7  
Flag Chaguanas

More
Thanks, I already started checking in on it... I'll update here once I get through.
30th March 2018, 03:46 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
How to Root Blu Dash M 2 with Magisk

I have managed to root the stock system using Magisk. The stock recovery will not let you do this, as usual ignore the garbage on youtube and personal blogs, they're giving false info and fake files. This method works and I'm the first user who ported CTR 6.6 to allow for this.

DOWNLOAD Magisk from developer https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
FOLLOW THE ABOVE POST to replace stock recovery with CTR 6.6

Instructions

- Follow first post to install CTR 6.6 recovery and reboot a couple of times to make sure it stuck.
- Enable OEM unlock under developer options and power down phone
- Boot to new CT 6.6 recovery by pressing PWR + VOL UP
- In recovery choose "Install Zip" and choose the "Magisk.zip" from your /SDCARD

Magisk installer will launch and if you did everything right, complete without errors.

- Select Reboot Phone from CTR menu and when asked to patch , Select " NO "

Phone should now reboot twice and have Magisk installed. I have verified root by deleting protected files like default.prop and gave Root Explorer permanent root access. If something doesn't work just find the right sequence. I believe it was flash system, flash recovery. wipe partitions. flash magisk

Enjoy !
The Following User Says Thank You to romish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romish Ad-Free
30th March 2018, 03:55 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
The only thing left do now is find the Blu kernel source code for the M2 so a working TWRP can be compiled from scratch, then any MT6580 rom should be flashable.
30th March 2018, 04:07 AM |#10  
Flag Chaguanas

More
Perfectly... Got it working using your same method after reinstalling the firmware... only difference was.
After installing recovery and booting into it, I then installed Magisk via adb sideload.
Confirmed root works.

Thank you very much for your patience and assistance
4th June 2018, 02:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
graciaaas
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)