FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[PORT] [Nougat] BQ™ Aquaris X5 Dolby™ Atmos [Unity]

2,628 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,401

By Zackptg5, Senior Member on 19th February 2018, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

This is the Dolby Atmos ported from BQ Aquaris X5 stock Nougat ROM. Like with @guitardedhero's ZTE Axon 7 Dolby Atmos Oreo port, it requires the stock audioserver from the BQ rom. This greatly limits it's compatibility and likely won't work on devices/roms with a lot of audio customization. However it should work on most
Huge thanks to @ahrion who taught me everything I know about app porting

These installers utilize my Unity installer that will install the mod to magisk or system depending on the device setup and will prepare it for any root solution (for anything other than magisk, supersu, and phh superuser, you will need init.d support)

Troubleshooting:

This is actually the first rule of xda forums: SEARCH THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING - There's just too many of the exact same thing being repeated. You'll save everyone (including yourself) a lot of time by doing this

LOGS, LOGS, LOGS!!!!
  • If you make a post stating a problem without any logs, I can't help you and will likely just ignore it (I'm not a wizard)
  • Get a full logcat. If using adb, use
    Code:
    adb logcat -d > log.txt
  • If using magisk, get the magisk log from magisk manager
  • Get a TWRP recovery log immediately after flashing: Boot into twrp, install mod, navigate to Advanced -> Copy log, recovery.log will be on root of sdcard

Most Common Issues:
  • Stuck on the boot animation?
    • First thing I want to clear is that THIS IS NOT A BOOTLOOP. A bootloop is when your device is literally rebooting continuously on its own. I haven't seen this happen in quite some time. That being said:
    • Most likely reason is that the included audioserver isn't playing nicely with your device. Take a logcat via adb
    • Check if it is sepolicy related. Read through section 5.5 here for a quick background on it. Basically, you need to take a full logcat, and search through it for any audit statements that may be related to audio and/or this app and make an allow statement in the service script of the mod. Just make a post with that info and once confirmed, I'll add it the next version of the mod
    • If it's not sepolicy related (very possible due to the audioserver), then the probably mod isn't compatible with your device Follow the uninstallation procedure above and/or make a post with a logcat, device name, rom, and list of other mods installed
  • App not showing up in app drawer?
    • This is typically a magisk only issue and means that it isn't getting mounted by magisk.
    • Root cause could be lots of things. Good place to check is the magisk log. See what the last thing run was -> it's likely the culprit. Typical order of loading is: post-fs-data scripts run, system.props are loaded, mods are mounted, service.sh scripts are run
    • Typical causes of this are post-fs-data scripts and/or other magisk mods such as ART optimization mod. If you modify ART to more of a speed setting, this kind of issue is more likely to occur (this isn't an issue with the ART mod, it's just the nature of ART itself - more speed = less accuracy)
  • Crashing app or no change in sound?
    • This is typically caused by one of four things: another audio mod is installed (magisk only issue), magisk mounting issues, installer patching error (these have been pretty much worked out so unlikely), sepolicy issues
    • Remove any other audio mods or install Audio Modification Library, check magisk log to ensure everything mounted, recovery log will reveal most install errors (also, check system and vendor audio_effects.cfg and ensure v4a entries are there with the right paths to libs set)
    • Sepolicy is more complicated. See the 'Stuck on boot animation' section above for details on what to do here
  • Still no sound processing or no sound processing on some apps like youtube or other streaming apps?
    • Remove any stock audio apps (like AudioFX), disable any eqs in music players
    • Open you vendor audio_effects.conf file and make note of anything under output_session_processing -> music -> then go under the effects section and comment out each effect section you have listed (music_helper is already done by aml)
    • Try universal deep_buffer remover
Installation/Upgrade:
Flash the zip and your done! If your flashing a newer version of this mod, the installer will detect the old one and perform an upgrade

Uninstallation:
Just flash the zip again and it'll detect the current install and uninstall it. Pretty easy huh?

DOWNLOAD

Source

Credits of Originality:
- Dolby
- BQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AppScreenshot.png
Views:	9780
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	4425339   Click image for larger version

Name:	DemoScreenshot.jpg
Views:	9758
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	4425340   Click image for larger version

Name:	logcat.jpg
Views:	6552
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	4425383  
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free

19th February 2018, 10:18 PM |#2  
Flag Agadir
Thanks Meter: 716

More
Great work , the new UI is awesome , and the dynamic mode is a very good addition to the old modes

Thanks 👏

Sent from my X5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Tox Ad-Free
20th February 2018, 06:07 AM |#3  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,789

Donate to Me
More
20th February 2018, 12:17 PM |#4  
Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1,189

More
Sorry but not work on my Redmi 4x RR 5.8.5 7.1OS. FC.
20th February 2018, 01:04 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by repey6

Sorry but not work on my Redmi 4x RR 5.8.5 7.1OS. FC.

Can you go over the troubleshooting section of the op?
20th February 2018, 01:29 PM |#6  
Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1,189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Can you go over the troubleshooting section of the op?

Sorry.Not other mod . Clear installation. Log maybe later. And can't unistall it.
20th February 2018, 02:57 PM |#7  
Flag Bejaia
Thanks Meter: 344

More
@Zackptg5, flashed this Dolby-BQ-X5-v1.0.zip in twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a310 (Samsung exynos SM-A310F) on clean stock nougat 7.0, no boot even when restoring original audioserver. Only exit is restoring system. Recovery.log and system space screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180220-154350.png
Views:	2464
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	4426004  
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (21.4 KB, 236 views)
20th February 2018, 03:03 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohand06

@Zackptg5, flashed this Dolby-BQ-X5-v1.0.zip in twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a310 (Samsung exynos SM-A310F) on clean stock nougat 7.0, no boot even when restoring original audioserver. Only exit is restoring system. Recovery.log and system space screenshot attached.

The recovery log outlines the problem: you have no space left in your system partition. The tricky thing with audioserver is that it requires proper permissions and chcon set or you won't be able to boot. When you flash this mod again to uninstall it, it restores stock audioserver and sets those permissions but since the install itself never finished, there's no telling what would happen. I recommend switching to magisk as it stores all of its mods on your /data partition which would avoid this problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
20th February 2018, 03:40 PM |#9  
Flag Bejaia
Thanks Meter: 344

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

The recovery log outlines the problem: you have no space left in your system partition. The tricky thing with audioserver is that it requires proper permissions and chcon set or you won't be able to boot. When you flash this mod again to uninstall it, it restores stock audioserver and sets those permissions but since the install itself never finished, there's no telling what would happen. I recommend switching to magisk as it stores all of its mods on your /data partition which would avoid this problem

The attached screenshot of system partition shows that there's 206.08Mb space available. Restored audioserver with 0755 permissions. Thus the issue is elsewhere. Fyi, I used to flash each of gh's Dolby Atmos™ for Oreo test builds and I always manage to get out of the no boot issue by the audio server restoring trick.

As for using magisk, which I tried and have sometimes the issue of no apps in drawer though modules present in magisk, I still feel more comfortable with supersu. Thanks for your reply.
20th February 2018, 03:51 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohand06

The attached screenshot of system partition shows that there's 206.08Mb space available. Restored audioserver with 0755 permissions. Thus the issue is elsewhere. Fyi, I used to flash each of gh's Dolby Atmos™ for Oreo test builds and I always manage to get out of the no boot issue by the audio server restoring trick.

As for using magisk, which I tried and have sometimes the issue of no apps in drawer though modules present in magisk, I still feel more comfortable with supersu. Thanks for your reply.

That's not enough. You need to do this:
Code:
chown 0:2000 /system/bin/audioserver
chmod 0755 /system/bin/audioserver
chcon u:object_r:audioserver_exec:s0 /system/bin/audioserver
The no space error actually referred to the /system/vendor folder so I'm not sure how you're partition layout is. The only time modules won't show up in magisk is when there's a bad post-fs-data script that errors out and/or takes too long to finish. Magisk is easier because you can just delete the module folder and be done with it
20th February 2018, 06:35 PM |#11  
Flag Chukai
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Perfectly work with redmi note 4(mido) on official miui beta rom with magisk..The Ui is fantastic...but i wonder what demo actually do..i just see the slideshow but none of any sound.. @.@ ..nah but i dont care much about it as long the mod work . 1 more things is when i install it alongside with ainur sauron...the dolby atmos will crash.... But without ainur it works like charm.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bq-aquaris-x5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)