ARISE Sound Systems™ - Auditory Research in Sound Enhancement

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,522

By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2016, 03:20 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
When you say that ARISE includes the sound libraries from all different music players, do you mix them all together and find a balance between them?
17th May 2016, 03:33 AM |#102  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 24,558

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by churapa

What about audio.dolby.ds2? It's on tweak prop and libraries but not in effects in audio effects conf

That is the built-in Dolby service that many devices already have and is not likely necessary. The ds2 library in my audio_effects is just to denote a secondary ds library as I once had two Dolby paragraphs under effects { for a bit. I might actually try that again. The thing about audio_effects is you can call anything under libraries { anything you want as long as it corresponds to entries under effects {.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IaKnightHawke

Just installed Arise 1.1.1 now having my music cut in and out. Previous version used was 1.1 with no issues what so ever. I did not dirty flash my CM 13 nightly this time though. Will revert back to the 1.1 goodness. I appreciate all the work going into this project and by no means interpret this as any criticism. A one size fits most takes time to iron out. I wish I had both ears working for me instead of being deaf in one of mine to take full advantage of this mod. Congratulations and keep up the great work. Gary

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Don't ever hesitate with any report. This is not that kind of place and I am not that kind of operator. This sound system is 100% user driven and depends on 100% honest feedback. I'd like you to try on a clean system whenever you're ready to see if that problem persists.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBNex

When you say that ARISE includes the sound libraries from all different music players, do you mix them all together and find a balance between them?

They're mixed while ensuring a good combination. Poweramp's two libraries caused video issues and degraded sound quality for example so they are not included.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 03:36 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Need a bit of help. I've never tried using audio profiles with v4a before. I'm confused on the instructions on where to place the extracted files.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
17th May 2016, 03:38 AM |#104  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharrrrrr

Need a bit of help. I've never tried using audio profiles with v4a before. I'm confused on the instructions on where to place the extracted files.

No worries.

Go ahead and save any tab as a new profile named Stock or Test and check the listed directories in the OP until you find that newly saved profile folder in /ViPER4Android/Profile. Once you find it, come back and I'll let you know what to do next.
The Following User Says Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 03:45 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

No worries.

Go ahead and save any tab as a new profile named Stock or Test and check the listed directories in the OP until you find that newly saved profile folder in /ViPER4Android/Profile. Once you find it, come back and I'll let you know what to do next.

I have the stock profile saved and found the location. Just wondering what exactly the next step is for merging the new files. Thanks for your help.

17th May 2016, 03:48 AM |#106  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have the stock profile saved and found the location. Just wondering what exactly the next step is for merging the new files. Thanks for your help.

Let's assume you found the /Stock folder in:

/data/media/legacy/ViPER4Android/Profile

Take the /ViPER4Android folder you extracted and merge it with the /ViPER4Android folder in:

/data/media/legacy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 04:01 AM |#107  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Let's assume you found the /Stock folder in:

/data/media/legacy/ViPER4Android/Profile

Take the /ViPER4Android folder you extracted and merge it with the /ViPER4Android folder in:

/data/media/legacy

Thank you very much. Just wanted to make sure I did it all correct. Think I've got it sorted now.

17th May 2016, 04:02 AM |#108  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you very much. Just wanted to make sure I did it all correct. Think I've got it sorted now.

17th May 2016, 04:12 AM |#109  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 255

More
@guitardedhero which version of ARISE is the complete version? I see that the v1.0 (aka v9. 4) contains some missing libs, and now we have v1.1.1. Is it same to assume that as of this moment v1.0 is the recommended version? and the v1.1.1 is considered beta release?

Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app
17th May 2016, 04:15 AM |#110  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman0826

@guitardedhero which version of ARISE is the complete version? I see that the v1.0 (aka v9. 4) contains some missing libs, and now we have v1.1.1. Is it same to assume that as of this moment v1.0 is the recommended version? and the v1.1.1 is considered beta release?

Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app

I'm still examining quite a bit at the moment but I'm positive 1.1.1 is the best version of those three. I'm just trying to see if anything else is needed before upgrading all other versions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 04:32 AM |#111  
Flag Richeyville
Thanks Meter: 1,661

More
Just to double check, in latest 1.1.1, just the one tweak.prop, only suggested and no alternate?

Sent from Outside the 9 using my Zombiefied Exodus OnyX
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)