FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ARISE Sound Systems™ - Auditory Research in Sound Enhancement

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,518
 
By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2016, 05:11 AM |#121  
lynnux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
1.1.1 sounds fantastic, I think it's the best yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynnux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lynnux Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 05:23 AM |#122  
mrrocketdog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,769
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrady

1.1.1 sounds amazing![COLOR="Silver"]

In addition, it may be a good idea to setup a standard test profile and sound source. That way when you're asking for our opinion on quality, it's more of a standardized baseline.

Just my $0.02. Thoughts?

have thought about this myself. i would think if phone speaker "sounds amazing" then car audio , headphones , etc. will only improve it. i could run my phone thru my tube screamer > chorus pedal > overdrive > fender pro jr. 2 tube amp and get sound no one has ever heard. but ...... if is good thru phone speakers (something to think about) ....... also just my ¢2.

"err on the side of kindness"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 05:35 AM |#123  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 276
 
More
This is really great - nice to come over here with a fresh start!

Congrats on such a positive response to all the hard work.

I'm on 0.9.4 - will give it a day or two and go with the latest here at the time - currently looking at 1.1.1 but it seems an update is imminent! (as always!)

Want to give the Atmos version a try - got used to using Atmos with 4.8 - so while it may just be a GUI - just nice to have it there next to V4A!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luigidk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luigidk Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 05:38 AM |#124  
guitardedhero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

have thought about this myself. i would think if phone speaker "sounds amazing" then car audio , headphones , etc. will only improve it. i could run my phone thru my tube screamer > chorus pedal > overdrive > fender pro jr. 2 tube amp and get sound no one has ever heard. but ...... if is good thru phone speakers (something to think about) ....... also just my ¢2.

"err on the side of kindness"

And reverb at max!!

Fantastic response guys! I'm thrilled we're back to making some progress! Here's 1.1.2, I need to know if this is a step forward, backward, or 2mb sidestep.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24545065934258456

Edit*
If you dirty flash over 1.1.1 delete the following two files:

/system/bin/audioflacapp (in /system/vendor/bin now)
/system/bin/tinycap (if not on your stock rom)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 05:58 AM |#125  
Roi007leaf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petah Tiqwa
Thanks Meter: 3,116
 
Donate to Me
More
Duuuuuude!
I don't know what kind of magic you did but 1.1.1 sounded worse for me..1.1.2 is a BEAST!
Everything that 1.1.1 lacked for me 1.1.2 fixed it..the basses eat my brain the vocals caress me and the highs are blowing me to space!
NAILED IT!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roi007leaf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roi007leaf Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 06:00 AM |#126  
guitardedhero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi007leaf

Duuuuuude!
I don't know what kind of magic you did but 1.1.1 sounded worse for me..1.1.2 is a BEAST!
Everything that 1.1.1 lacked for me 1.1.2 fixed it..the basses eat my brain the vocals caress me and the highs are blowing me to space!
NAILED IT!

Beautiful!
The Following User Says Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 06:08 AM |#127  
lynnux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Hmmm. Did the highs get a boost? The balance was perfect to my ear on 1.1.1, highs seem a little strong now.
17th May 2016, 06:21 AM |#128  
guitardedhero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnux

Hmmm. Did the highs get a boost? The balance was perfect to my ear on 1.1.1, highs seem a little strong now.

Inadvertently, if so. What are your ViPER Clarity settings?

Here's, 1.1.2 Lenovo Atmos: 1.1.2 Lenovo Atmos
The Following User Says Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 06:26 AM |#129  
DeadRod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 561
 
More
1.1.2 is awesome! The vocals were much clearer! Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA-Developers mobile app
17th May 2016, 06:29 AM |#130  
iceman0826's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
@guitardedhero So some users report v1.1.2 to be perfect and some like the person above me reports the highs seem to be strong. This mod will face a never ending update. And broken Internal Memory because of frequent flashing.

Many users of these mod has different taste of hearing. That's why feedbacks are often biased and most users always suffer from placebo phenomenon.

I doubt this mod will face stable builds since every user wants different taste from this mod.


Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceman0826 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iceman0826 Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 06:42 AM |#131  
guitardedhero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman0826

@guitardedhero So some users report v1.1.2 to be perfect and some like the person above me reports the highs seem to be strong. This mod will face a never ending update. And broken Internal Memory because of frequent flashing.

Many users of these mod has different taste of hearing. That's why feedbacks are often biased and most users always suffer from placebo phenomenon.

I doubt this mod will face stable builds since every user wants different taste from this mod.


Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app

Absolutely true, and that's what makes ViPER4Android a great tool in achieving the desired sound through several different setups and situations. I have a very strong demand and wasn't completely satisfied but I never intended this to become a testing thread. I'm updating everything to 1.2 and leaving it as is for a bit as I feel this is quite satisfactory with what I'm currently working with. It wasn't ready when I started the thread, but I had strung along too many users for too long in a disorganized fashion in my testing thread. I apologize for the flurry of updates and I hope you don't feel a new update will pop up every time someone mentions an area of improvement. Like many users, I wasn't satisfied with 1.0 and 1.1, but 1.1.1 and especially 1.1.2 have brought a sense of satisfaction I haven't felt since 0.8.1 or 0.8.3. This is a level up though and is possibly the best sound system I've put together at this point. I promise you guys will get a break and be able to relax and enjoy the new system this time lol!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes