Thanks Meter: 2,523

By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2017, 01:31 PM |#23981  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compgenie

I feel there should be more documentation about the ICESound effects and what they do. HOLYSH*T and PURESH*T don't go a long way in describing their effect. It would make it easier than keep reflashing the zip trying to find a good setting

I uninstalled ICE due to too much background noise.
24th March 2017, 01:52 PM |#23982  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,456

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkolonko123

By saying flash arise 3.09 u mean this file ARISE Deuteronomy 3.09 SwanSong Modular Installer.zip ? or ARISE4Magisk3.09 Aroma Edition.zip ?

Update:

So what i did :
Uninstalled all modules from magisk, uninstalled v4a app -> TWRP -> flash magisk -> flash Deuteronomy 3.09 SwanSong Modular Installer.zip gave me some error about sdcard
Checkd magisk module was Swansong module was there, back to TWRP flash ARISE Aroma 2.xxx only core nothing else then reflashed 3.09 installed ok but still no show of any apps after rebooting no v4a etc so back to TWRP flash ARISE4Magisk3.09 Aroma Edition reboot module installed fine in magisk but again still no show of any app like v4a

Back to TWRP flash Aroma Arise 2.9 with skipping core and only installing modules like v4a etc installation complete reboot Viper4arise finally in shows up as app but again driver installation loop, so I added viper4android module in magisk and again viper4arise installed drivers fine without module in magisk for viper4android cant get proper installation of drivers for viper.

Dolby atmos doesnt work either app has stopped AMD3D app loading but cant see nothing.

All profiles working fine in v4a and app itself too which i mean procsseing neon etc

So my question is now how can check which version i had installed ? 2.9? or 3.09 ? cos like u see i went trough all mess so dont know what actually is installed and what not :/

You likely have a weird mix of both.
If you're using the non aroma arise, you need to extract the customize prop from the zip and put your options there. With aroma you do not. So here's what you need to do:
If you want to use 3.09:
Make sure customize prop is extracted with options set on it and on /sdcard
Dirty flash rom, flash magisk, flash arise 3.09 modular installer, flash arise magisk compatibility module

If you want to use 2.9:
Dirty flash rom, flash magisk, flash arise 2.94 aroma installer, flash arise legacy magisk compatibility module
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2017, 01:53 PM |#23983  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,951

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compgenie

I feel there should be more documentation about the ICESound effects and what they do. HOLYSH*T and PURESH*T don't go a long way in describing their effect. It would make it easier than keep reflashing the zip trying to find a good setting

No need to reflash zip to change presets. Just copy the one you want from modules/ice in the zip, and paste it into system/etc. It will overwrite the current one. Then just reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tcat007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tcat007 Ad-Free
24th March 2017, 01:54 PM |#23984  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcleod

So. What to install now? Arise Magisk Compatibility Module.zip

With Aroma 2.94 or nun Aroma 3.09? Sry, confused

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

The arise magisk compatibility module is for arise version 3.x
The arise legacy magisk compatibility module is for older arise versions like 2.94
24th March 2017, 02:02 PM |#23985  
Thanks Meter: 3,648

More
I went from Swansong 2.8-1 to 3.0.7 (dirty flash of ROM and vendor IMG), and using as close to the same configuration as possible, can't get Google music to stay processing through a pause (or to process to begin with.)
24th March 2017, 02:31 PM |#23986  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Hello everyone , being extremely new to this sound mod I want to ask you simply how can I install this since those myriad of download files have left me in a state of utter confusion...
1. I have a galaxy s6 running Noble Nougat experience ROM V2.1
2. It's got magisk v11.6 instead of Super SU ...
3. Tried multiple things for Viper4Android but no luck.
Need help.
The Following User Says Thank You to HM13androfan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HM13androfan Ad-Free
24th March 2017, 03:11 PM |#23987  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Arise Compatibility Module For Magisk FAQ

UPDATES!!!
Version 4.0 Has Been Released! Updated to magisk module template v4 for magisk 13 compatibility. This will not work with magisk version older than v13 (I can't see any reason why you'd go with an older one anyways). None the less, the previous version is still available if you have a really good reason to not upgrade to the latest magisk version: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=167239

Where to Get it: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120749924

Is this a completely systemless version of magisk?
No. All this does is allows arise to work with magisk. You still need to flash regular arise installer first (see Installation for more details)

Which ARISE versions will this work with?
All the way back to Exodus in theory

Will this magisk module trip safetynet?
Nope

How the Module Works (Helpful for Your Own Troubleshooting Purposes):
  • Arise 3.x installs all scripts to /system/etc/init.d except the arisesound_services script (which I like to refer to as the master script) which is installed to system/su.d
  • Any enforcing/permissive selinux setting scripts are deleted as they are not needed.
  • The exception here is the permissive script which is moved to su.d (if applicable) and kept as a placeholder to tell the module if it should install the enforcing sepolicy setting late-service start script or permissive one (only applicable for older arise versions).
  • Arisesoundserver is modified for magiskpolicy support
  • The module itself is then only a late-start service script that starts the arise scripts and/or sets selinux if applicable (this is dependent on selinux modifying scripts found during the installation)

Here's a breakdown of the process tree for anyone who's curious:
Boot initiated -> zygote beings/android begins to boot -> late service script runs, call -> arisesound_services script, calls -> all other scripts to run

Notes About Older Versions of Arise Magisk Modules:
Any older arise magisk modules are now defunct as this new method of piggybacking off of existing arise infrastructure makes far more sense, is compatible across all devices that are compatible with magisk (regardless of arise setup), and is easy (no options for the user to set, just flash the zip and you're done)

Things to Note:
  • This module requires MagiskSU and Magisk 13 or newer
  • Since the magisk modules are dependent on the scripts initially present from the arise install, arise must be installed before the magisk module

Things To Do Before Installation:
  • MAKE A BACKUP
  • Read the ARISE OP to get a full grasp of how it works/install/etc.
  • Read the Troubleshooting Section for Magisk here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
  • Check that your phone is compatible with magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues
  • If there's a device support issue open for your phone, then it's probably not supported yet
  • Remove any other audio magisk modules including older arise ones (this one uses a new naming scheme/MODID and so won't automatically get rid of the old ones)

Installation:
  1. Remove all audio related modules and any older arise magisk modules using magisk manager
    Note: If you want safetynet to pass, go to the safetynet section before continuing with the install
  2. Flash the following in order: Rom, magisk 13.x, arise, arise compatibility magisk module
    Note: If your rom has supersu built in, you will need to remove it prior to installing magisk: Go to SuperSu Removal
  3. After booting, install magisk manager from the app store if you haven't already.
  4. Check your apps for AudioFX. If you see it there, go to App Info and Disable it (this is mainly LOS based roms)
  5. Reboot and verify everything's working. If not, go to troubleshooting

SuperSu Removal:
  1. Magisk v13 has a supersu removal function built in however I've never tried it. If it doesn't work, follow the instructions below
  2. Flash UnSu from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=63615067
  3. On your computer, extract the boot.img rom your rom zip and copy it to your sd card
  4. Flash the boot.img, then flash latest magisk, arise, and arise magisk module
    So for future reference, the protocol for install (in order) would be: Flash rom, unsu, boot.img, magisk, arise, arise compatibility magisk module
  5. Follow the rest of the Installation guide above

Troubleshooting:

If you're seeing weird stuff in twrp involving data partition or see 'Error 2' when installing anything involving magisk
  • Boot into twrp
  • Go to Advanced -> terminal
  • Type:
    Code:
    e2fsck -f data/magisk.img
  • Say yes to prompts to repair errors

**Note that in some rare instances, the magisk img is too corrupt to be recovered. In these cases, you'll need to uninstall/reinstall magisk

If you're able to boot:
  • Follow the instructions in the OP for obtaining a logcat.
  • Open magisk manager, go to Log, and save the Magisk log.
  • Attach the logcat and magisk log in a post

If you're unable to boot:

Uninstallation:
  • Dirty flash rom to remove arise
  • To remove the magisk module, just remove it through magisk manager.
If you can't boot and need to remove the module, either:

Safety Net:
  • Note: As of Magisk v13, Magisk Hide is enabled by default so the instructions below is just for reference
  • Open magisk manager
  • Go to settings
  • Enable magisk hide and reboot
As of magisk v11.6, hides the adb debugging option so you don't have to disable it anymore for safetynet to pass

Still note that Safetynet is a losing battle. See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...05&postcount=2
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2017, 03:32 PM |#23988  
Flag Salisbury
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Many of the arise components (including v4a) are dependent on parts of the core system. So the easy way to do this would be the following:

In magisk manager, delete all audio modules (v4a, arise, all of them)
Reboot into twrp:
Dirty flash rom, flash magisk, flash arise 3.09, flash arise magisk compatibility module

Note: I just reuploaded fixed modules so if you downloaded it earlier, delete it and download the new one

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Thanks for the offer, but I think I got it figured out. See my updated post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=23912

I replaced the modules with ones that don't break safetynet

If I need beta testers again in the future, I'll look you up. Are you on the telegram channels?

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Ok everyone, I updated my original post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=23912
Modules were replaced with ones that don't break safetynet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

You likely have a weird mix of both.
If you're using the non aroma arise, you need to extract the customize prop from the zip and put your options there. With aroma you do not. So here's what you need to do:
If you want to use 3.09:
Make sure customize prop is extracted with options set on it and on /sdcard
Dirty flash rom, flash magisk, flash arise 3.09 modular installer, flash arise magisk compatibility module

If you want to use 2.9:
Dirty flash rom, flash magisk, flash arise 2.94 aroma installer, flash arise legacy magisk compatibility module

Can you tell what program i can use to edit prop file from windows ? insted in phone
24th March 2017, 03:35 PM |#23989  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkolonko123

Can you tell what program i can use to edit prop file from windows ? insted in phone

Wordpad works fine. I use notepad ++
24th March 2017, 04:09 PM |#23990  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdraco10

Try!

But don´t forget make a backup of your rom.

Works good, I figured it would work since I'm on 7.0 nougat but I was also thinking about any Samsung services interfering
24th March 2017, 04:45 PM |#23991  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,676

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM13androfan

Hello everyone , being extremely new to this sound mod I want to ask you simply how can I install this since those myriad of download files have left me in a state of utter confusion...
1. I have a galaxy s6 running Noble Nougat experience ROM V2.1
2. It's got magisk v11.6 instead of Super SU ...
3. Tried multiple things for Viper4Android but no luck.
Need help.

For magisk download this and flash in twrp then choose your modules. I recommend 2.3.4.0 for better sound.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

@Roi007leaf Hi, I know arkamys audio has problems at the moment and people have suggested not using it. Would you recommend skipping it and do you know if it will work fine in the next aroma when it is out? Thanks I'm on nexus 6p.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)