Does this work on Android 10?
17th November 2019, 08:49 AM |#33472  
Thanks Meter: 1,796

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porogami

Does this work on Android 10?

no. stopped somewhere on O.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 12:31 PM |#33473  
Flag Flint
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I just wanted to share the luck I've been having with my OnePlus 6 and Android 10 with sound mods. I, I used to spend a lot of time testing ARISE V4A back in the Duteronomy and magnum opus days! I have an old ICEsound port flashed in magisk, and u can tune the configs and presets in the terminal app.
I'm running the DDP (latest unity one like 6.6 the date on file is 20190606, Im running V4A 2.7.1.. and AINUR
-NARSIL and the I only change made in the AINUR PROP FILEle is to turn off the power gating....I installed every single one of these mods one after another in magisk right from the magisk screen. I did not reboot between each flash. Back to the last mod was flashed I closed magisk open viper and let it is over driver and then like rebooting I went right into recovery and flashed audio modification library it will show you every mod installed...sometimes dolby will quit until reboot, it's frustrating getting it in the right order but once you do it's perfect I only change.. I GOT SOME COOL SHOTS OF MATT LOG!.. he'll see the one picture with the arrow pointing to the fact ACDP.... iRun radioactive kernel that doesn't make a difference though. It's a very first thing I did was make a script file or find an app that allows you to set your system too permissive. There's a lot of discrepancies about what is working with Android 10 and what is not working. This is working very well for me! Good luck and enjoy God bless the men that made all this happen!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-054451.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	4878759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-055458.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	4878761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-055533.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	4878763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-055442.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	4878769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191117-055630__01.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	4878771  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to groovemetal81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift groovemetal81 Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 12:37 PM |#33474  
Flag Flint
Thanks Meter: 88

More
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...ogether.51813/

Above is the link with Intructions and downloads 4 compatibility modules with Android 10! keep in mind you may have to uninstall audio modification library and reinstall it once in awhile if it doesn't pick up all your mods but I've had very good luck and if your Dolby crashes just clear the data and start playing music through Google play music or YouTube and open it back up. Sorry for taking up the double message space here. I'm a sound junkie, and and my eyes is imperative information to get out to people that feel the same way¡
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to groovemetal81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift groovemetal81 Ad-Free
21st November 2019, 05:23 PM |#33475  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nericollin

Old Team Member here, you're correct; as long as you install AML and clear your phone of any pre-existing Dolby Installs / Libs, you can run the two in parallel with each other.

EDIT: it's important to note that the install order **must** be AML > V4A > Dolby.

The reason that AML needs to be first is to set the system to allow compatibility and usability with multiple audio mods.

Then, V4A needs to be installed second to lay the second largest and most complex framework down.

Finally, Dolby needs to go last so that the V4A installer doesn't mess with its Dolby's libraries, which would cause it to force close.

I use now viper and Dolby digital plus at the same time and I works very good. But I have a dude: can I install Dolby atmos (like arise) but the installation equal than the Dolby and viper
24th November 2019, 09:17 PM |#33476  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivannsalgadoo20

I use now viper and Dolby digital plus at the same time and I works very good. But I have a dude: can I install Dolby atmos (like arise) but the installation equal than the Dolby and viper

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking if it would be possible to install Viper and Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) alongside a separate version of Dolby Atmos (ie; not the one included in the Installer).

This is actually what I used to do as well!

In order to do so, you will need to follow the same installation order that I outlined in my previous post, however, in order for it to work properly, you need to run the ARISE installer (or edit the config if you're using that method) and set BOTH Dolby Atmos and DD+ to ***Uninstall***.

I'm emphasizing this step because if you simply run the installer with them deselected or remove the "=true" value in the config, the binaries will still remain.

Make sure you have the uninstall option selected to clean out the binaries.

Then, set your config (or use the installer) to reinstall DD+ and Viper (and any other additional settings you use) in the order outlined in my previous post.

Finally, the last thing you'll want to flash is the separate, standalone version of Dolby Atmos you selected. Keep in mind though that there is always the possibility of certain sub-versions of Atmos not being compatible with DD+, but I have personally not encountered any issues with this in the past.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to nericollin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nericollin Ad-Free
24th November 2019, 09:23 PM |#33477  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking if it would be possible to install Viper and Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) alongside a separate version of Dolby Atmos (ie; not the one included in the Installer).

In order to do so, you will need to follow the same installation order that I outlined in my previous post, however, in order for it to work properly, you need to run the ARISE installer (or edit the config if you're using that method) and set BOTH Dolby Atmos and DD+ to ***Uninstall***.

I'm emphasizing this step because if you simply run the installer with them deselected or remove the "=true" value in the config, the binaries will still remain.

Then, set your config (or use the installer) to reinstall DD+ and Viper (and any other additional settings you use) in the order outlined in my previous post.

Finally, the last thing you'll want to flash is the separate, standalone version of Dolby Atmos you selected. Keep in mind though that there is always the possibility of certain sub-versions of Atmos not being compatible with DD+, but I have personally not encountered any issues with this in the past.

Hope this helps!

So if I do the steps can I use Dolby atmos, digital plus and viper at the same time?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote:

Hope this helps!

Arise has telegram group?
24th November 2019, 10:58 PM |#33478  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,120

Donate to Me
More
No, Arise has been abandoned in late 2018 and isn't maintained by the former devs anymore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

https://www.xda-developers.com/viper...s-development/

And yes, the user above wants to tell you how to use Viper and both Dolbys at the same time.
That may work or not, I don't see a big advantage in doing that and as there is no active development anymore you're on your own if it doesn't work.
If you want to try it have a nandroid backup handy and the ROM to dirty flash it.
I used Arise in the past but today I prefer magisk modules as they don't change things in /system or /vendor, everything works systemless and clean.
Also that combination is stable for Android 7 and above.
My combination is Viper4Android (legacy) with Ainur Sauron, working with the help of Audio Modification Library, all available as modules in the download section of magisk manager.
But it's up to you to try whatever you want.
Good luck.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 06:30 AM |#33479  
Thanks Meter: 1,796

More
you dont need a full nandroid , just backup system to flash if things go south. JS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 02:55 PM |#33480  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,120

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

you dont need a full nandroid , just backup system to flash if things go south. JS

Correct

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 02:00 AM |#33481  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 599

More
[QUOTE=ivannsalgadoo20;81002985]So if I do the steps can I use Dolby atmos, digital plus and viper at the same time?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

You can!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)