Thanks Meter: 2,519

By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2016, 12:05 AM |#4531  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 24,194

Donate to Me
More
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 12:12 AM |#4532  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Is it OK to dirty flash over 0.9.9.8-9 or do we need to dirty flash ROM first?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
13th June 2016, 12:17 AM |#4533  
Flag Uslar
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@dingermtb Still get this unfriendly bootloops.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6N...w?usp=drivesdk
13th June 2016, 12:25 AM |#4534  
Flag Richeyville
Thanks Meter: 1,661

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by williwood

@dingermtb Still get this unfriendly bootloops.

Ugh, lol. Ok, thanks for the heads up

Sent from Outside the 9 using my Zombiefied Exodus OnyX
13th June 2016, 12:27 AM |#4535  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 24,194

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by williwood

@guitardedhero I got bootloops with 0.9.9.8-9. I only see the screen with the oneplus logo and my phone reboots and reboots and...
It's an Oneplus X, CM13. Log is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingermtb

I was just getting ready to make a post. Exact same issue here on my OnePlus X device. Weird thing is, first time this ever happened with one of these builds.

Sent from Outside the 9 using my Zombiefied Exodus SGS3

Oh dear, not good. I'll see what needs to go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 12:30 AM |#4536  
Flag san jose, ca
Thanks Meter: 991

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb380

That's why there is close to 10 versions after that one. Gh is still working on compatibility for everyone so try latest version and report back...
@guitardedhero

I just don't see how with your gonna make a version compatible with every device bro. It's really impossible as you use files from everywhere and from many many different devices. So either some devices will need a different version or sound quality is going to suffer because you keep removing great files to make this work with some new device everyday. Seriously it is getting to the point that it's kinda futile now in my opinion to try and make Arise work on every device. You get a combo of files that sounds great then some random person comes and says, O Man it doesn't work on my device then you go and pump out 200 version trying to fix it for this one device until it works. But then the same thing happens again the next day with a different device or new files you wanna add to the package. It's really to the point where it's literally the definition of insanity that you keep doing the same thing expecting different results everyday. Lol

Don't get me wrong I love what your doing but at some point your gonna have to splinter this project or your never gonna have a stable version and this thread is always gonna be where there's 30 versions being tested at one time friend. It's just madness what your doing bro. And I fear eventually (even you as nice as you are) is going to burn out on all this stuff man. It's just not possible to keep doing this project the way you are forever.

I mean at some point we kinda need to figure out a base package of sound files and go from there but something new keeps getting added and new devices are gonna keep coming out so I just don't understand how you see this getting any better with new things coming everyday.

Really tho flashing our devices 20 or 30 or 100 times a day is going to burn them out at some point much faster than normal also.
Some how we have to find a way to tame the beast that is ARISE at some point. Me personally I'm burnt out on flashing and have found a version I'm happy with for good. I guess I just don't see the point anymore to all this flashing 10 or 20 versions every few days. Plus it's SUMMER! Time for REAL LIFE!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

This is just my 2 cents and frustration with all this disorganization and awesomeness.

Hope I didn't insult anyone that is not my intention. But ...

i understand this sentiment entirely but as what looks like the only person still rocking version .8.9 (i know i keep saying im going to post my tweak.prop and move on to a new version to compare but it's just so solid and i couldn't decide on which tweak config to stake my reputation on so there's gonna be 2 "RC 1 AND RC2" included and you barbarians can try both before laying into me)

.8.9 worked for everyone

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using XDA Labs
13th June 2016, 12:30 AM |#4537  
Flag Richeyville
Thanks Meter: 1,661

More
Quote:

Oh dear, not good. I'll see what needs to go.

Not sure what was added, but this was the first time I had an issue with any of your builds, which, as you know, I've been with ya from the beginning on Viper👍 Still doing a phenomenal job bro👍

Sent from Outside the 9 using my Zombiefied Exodus OnyX
The Following User Says Thank You to dingermtb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dingermtb Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 12:44 AM |#4538  
Flag san jose, ca
Thanks Meter: 991

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

I've thought about this, too, and I wonder if the best solution would be to have two versions, ARISE, which would be full compatibility even if the SQ is low (still way better than stock) and then ARISE+ (or Max, or some such) which is ultimate quality but unfortunately some can't use. That choice can only be made by our good-hearted hero, of course. I certainly applaud and support his quest to have it both ways, and I hope it can be done.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4

or we could have a few standout versions that work well on a particular device or set of devices. in addition to the bash universal version. and then have a person, like an ARISE rep for a device specific version who helps answer the questions and troubleshooting for that device sort of like how I've become sort if the unofficial x86 guy due to my relentless attempts to ensure @guitardedhero DON'T FORGET ABOUT US.
with a model like this it might help alleviate some of the repetative general tech support stuff he has to deal with and frees him up to focus more on his test thread

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems

In V4A, set UI to Expert using the three dots at the top right then scroll down the ViPER Bass section, I use the following settings
Enabled
Natural Bass
100 Hz
100 dB
After that you can also use Dynamic System which my settings are
Enabled
High-end Headphone(v2)
22 Percent

- rp

wtf you boost your 100 hz freq by 100dB wat

please nobody just set this setting immediately. it's far safer given the differences in hardware to notch the setting up gradually so that you don't you know, annihilate your expensive speakers on accident. this should not be given as a generally save setting

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercell2000

Can you change tweak.props without wiping?

just manually edit your build.prop that's how i do it. still have to reboot though

13th June 2016, 12:46 AM |#4539  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 431

More
@guitardedhero what is the customize folder in the latest builds for/do?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
13th June 2016, 12:57 AM |#4540  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 806

More
@guitardedhero I'm on RR Nexus6 and I can't get Viper to work. This is first time using CM based ROM for long time. Never had problems with AOSP ROM. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
13th June 2016, 01:13 AM |#4541  
Flag Poděbrady
Thanks Meter: 95

More
@guitardedhero I have a boot loop with last two builds. 😞
I'm back on 0.9.9.8-5 I have great sound and no issue with this build.
Honor 7.

Sent from Honor 7_PLK-TL01H
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)