Thanks Meter: 2,519

By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2016, 06:59 AM |#5031  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangrenius

Does anyone use the Sony zip guitar hero shared? The Sony music suite zip? And if I use this do I still flash the atmos gui

Sent from my DROID Turbo using XDA-Developers mobile app

I use it. It's just a music player app, like Poweramp and Neutron and others, and one that I find very user friendly the way it organizes music, creates and edits playlists, displays album art, etc. Looks great, easy to use, and I'm not convinced that the app used to play music has a notable effect on sound quality when ARISE is doing so much. Others here think otherwise. I'm open to evidence that proves me wrong.

So if you want a gui for dolby atmos or + you have flash it.
16th June 2016, 07:08 AM |#5032  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat007

I have used aroma 3 times, after clean and dirty rom flash. I've gotten error 7 every time. Last time I decided to reflash while still in twrp and it went fine. One box checked for each item (all default). 1st flash takes about 3 seconds to say failed, can't find some folder... 2nd flash takes maybe 15 seconds and looks fine. Manual installs usually go without issue.

PS: maybe I'm checking wrong directory path. I check storage/emulated/legacy...
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetPanda

I think Nexus devices use /data/media

When I install on my Nexus 6P I use the 3rd option for location. Which I believe is data/media/0
16th June 2016, 07:37 AM |#5033  
Flag Huntington Beach
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephexxis

Well fortunately I can help you out here. Let's go through your ideas, which are encouraging to hear that you're understanding the importance of the route this signal takes and its ultimate result.

Couple of things: first let me just say that any head unit that "creates a custom its to convolve after modeling the signiture responses of your car" sounds gimmicky and also the signiture of your cars ambient SPL is going to be pretty dynamic so unless it's constantly adjusting for this (never heard of that) its never going to be optimum.

Second. Your first method sounds good on paper but you're head unit acts as the receiver for the amplifiers,the amps in your car I mean. The amps are what the head unit will output to no matter what so keep that in mind. Thing is, you wanna avoid ADC (analog to digital) at all costs. converting the sound back and forth like that is going to degrade the signal and introduce noise anyways. It's actually the first problem a recording engineer has to deal with when sending a recording to their digital workstation to be worked on. There's all sorts of corrective measures and dithering and stuff that takes place just to get to a state where you can start editing. So you wanna get all your DSP done at once before sending the audio (whether by passthrough our conversation) to a DAC to be converted into an analog signal.

What id probably do, to take advantage of any legit multichannel capability you have, is send digital - USB 3 - digital at the HU, if the HU can output in digital (acting as pass through) then a headphone amp can be beneficial here but with your set up, it isn't necessary, just nice to have, If not, HI using DAC to your amps.

What's the impedance on your amps/speakers? 3 5 bolt preamp outputs seems excessive haha

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using XDA Labs

The auto-eq uses a microphone connected to the headunit which then plays a bunch of various test tones through all the channels to compile the car's acoustic footprint. I'm not running an active setup at the moment, so my speakers are split fronts/rears/subwoofer as opposed to highs/mids/lows. The hotter the output signal the less amplification the amps will have to do to get the volume I want so by having higher preamp voltage coming out of the HU i'm able to keep the noise floor a lot lower. The headunit is pretty dated and doesn't support android auto so I don't have a direct lossless way to output digitally to it. It can read tracks off of flash drives and SD cards but I wouldn't think that it'd be able to take the music digitally off my Android phone as it could my ipod nano via lightning (i'm able to digitally seek on the ipod seamlessly with the headunit). That's why I was leaning towards using bluetooth since although it's lossy, I could avoid having to convert back and forth between analog and digital so many times. There's not a lot of documentation available on the headunit's bluetooth profiles. I don't know what codec or bitrate is utilized so I figured @guitardedhero may know a bit more.

I'm running a new pair of [Hertz ESK 165L.5 @100watts RMS @4ohms] in the front, and an old pair of [Hertz DSK165.3 @80watts RMS @4ohms] from an old build that I was thinking of putting in for rear fill (combined with the surround virtualization on ARISE with proper fading I think would sound pretty great) powered by a [Precision Power PPI P900.4]. For low end I have a single [Sundown SA-12 D4 rev1 @4ohms] wired down to 2ohms @800 watts through a [Hifonics Brutus BRX1100.1D]
16th June 2016, 08:00 AM |#5034  
Flag Blora
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is the JB ver. Working for JB 4.1.2 guys?,, because, i always causing bootloop aftar flasing it.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-S5282 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th June 2016, 08:03 AM |#5035  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
I got an error 7 after everything installed which it did because I see it all am I missing something because what is an error 7 on the aroma?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th June 2016, 08:18 AM |#5036  
Flag Quito
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Hell of a month guys!

We've made tons of progress and even though I anticipated having an official, stable release of Exodus available well before the end of our first month, I am not surprised either. What we've created together has never been done and its massive collection of libraries and effects is a monument to the compatibility that we have achieved.

This sound system is completely from scratch, borrowing nothing of the files that are sometimes three or even four years old found in most available sound mods and breaks the mold by trying things never attempted before, resulting in something truly spectacular that we all can say that we have had a hand in its crafting.

The enormous success and light-speed growth of this thread is a testament to the community spirit and ownership we all share of this project. This has always been a 100% user driven sound system and its evolution to its current status is only possible because of each and every one of you. The unbelievable work and input you all have out forth leaves me almost speechless. I never imagined the potential this project has reached so be proud of yourselves and each other for what we have accomplished in only a single month and be especially excited about this next month as we grow bigger day by day with all sorts of ideas and surprises very soon!

RC1 is based on 0.9.9.8-12. Bluetooth data is now in /customize to be installed to non-LG devices. This should be a major leap towards Bluetooth compatibility. Please report any existing issues after having tested on a fresh /system with your rom's stock build.prop. Those that have been lucky enough to not experience any issues over the course of this month, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Hi mate and thanks for the team work. One question can I flashing the RC1 version over 0.9.9.9-2? Regards mate.

Enviado desde la Luna con mi HTC One M8
16th June 2016, 08:19 AM |#5037  
Recognized Contributor
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 4,132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Hi mate and thanks for the team work. One question can I flashing the RC1 version over 0.9.9.9-2? Regards mate.

Enviado desde la Luna con mi HTC One M8

Best to dirty flash your rom first mate.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
16th June 2016, 08:34 AM |#5038  
Flag Alappuzha
Thanks Meter: 252

More
I have a problem.. im on RC1.. everything working fine.. and sounds great for me.. CRISP CLEAR.. but while on a call with headphones on i get strange noise or disturbances and the the other end cant hear my voice properly.. like noise when we put our phone near to a radio when on a call.. but calling with out headphones there is no noises.. any idea? device with multiple mics could be a problem? i dont know.. @guitardedhero may be you can tell me what to do.. thanks 👍

used exodus preset, gh tweak prop..
on nexus 6p.. rr

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th June 2016, 08:38 AM |#5039  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petah Tiqwa
Thanks Meter: 3,116

Donate to Me
More
@RatchetPanda please join the telegram group
LarappsOfDongle
16th June 2016, 08:39 AM |#5040