Thanks Meter: 2,522

By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2016, 02:54 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 561

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavrosfil

how can I be sure it's working? Really tempted to try this I flashed the latest zip but already had viper installed here, the same version the arise uses tho... Thanks to the devs for your hard work, really appreciate it!!

Sent from my GT-N9005 using XDA-Developers mobile app

It will work, it can replace the installed viper... And without any soundmods this mod will work 95%

Sent By Jarvis v5.0.2 - PACROM AI (31815S4APCRM-B)

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

BTW, Exodus is couple of posts back

Sent By Jarvis v5.0.2 - PACROM AI (31815S4APCRM-B)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadRod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeadRod Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 03:16 PM |#502  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyewiz

Just silly question after flashing "ARISE Sound Systems Exodus 0.4.zip" do I also need to flash "TweakProp"?

Well. I think flashing tweak.prop is always what dev supposed you to do to get everything the mod can give you, don't you thing?
When flashing from previous version, you always have build.prop backed by the mod. It should be on sdcard0, just next to tweak.prop you puted. So I advice first go back to your oryginal build.prop from twrp then flash newer arise. Works for me every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmiller

Had to unroot my s7 will root and try again .
previously it kept asking me to install viper drivers.

Do you still have problems vith driver sticking on S7? I own S7E and had it too, but it is simple to resolve: just after you flash arise, do not restart. At the same twrp session mount system (if it is not mounted) and go to system/lib/soundfx and DELETE lib4a_fx_ics.so. And then restart. At the first start Viper will ask you for driver installation - do it giving it SU rights. Restart again. Done. No more divers poroblem. Works for me every time. PS. If you forget to delete those file at twrp, don't worry, do it by root explorer, restart, run Viper, install drivers, restart, done!
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyCity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SimplyCity Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 03:20 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spevil07

It would be nice to know.
It would be nice, too to know if someone get this working with newest Android N Preview 3

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6

Exodus 0.3 worked on my 6P running the new preview. I have not tried 0.4 yet since there wasn't much change. 0.2 did not install properly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
19th May 2016, 03:27 PM |#504  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,937

More
Man, I blink and have 5 more pages of updates to read through 😵 You guys must have much younger ears than me to her differences in all these. For me the major differences are in switching irs. Going from suggested to "BBE Generic Preset 2" to "Studer +3dB w NoiseReduction Updated" makes "huge" changes. Going from v4a to Arise to whatever, seems much more subtle. Using s4ki ear buds (and 66 year old ears).

19th May 2016, 03:42 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonophilos

I remember the notification issue being associated with audio_policy.conf so I made the two suggested changes (add 44100 under voice_rx and 48000 under a2dp).
I also remember other users having problems with the af resampler.quality prop set to 4 (which works perfectly on HTC One M9 with Sense) so I set that value alone to 255 in my tweak.prop I've been building since XTREMEMusic days.

One of those worked. Exodus 0.2 is behaving now.

I'm having the same problem, Exodus 0.3 and 0.4 don't work. 0.2 was working for me though. I think it's to do with HTC devices as I got the M9. There's no sound with earphones on. Speakers work though. I put the rom's build.prop so no old tweak.prop settings were colliding in build.prop for flashing the new versions. Still no sound with the earphone jack plugged in. I tried what you did but I can't find those entries in audio_policy.conf. I put the proper permissions as well to 0644 on the fresh build.prop as well as deleting the tweak.prop and backup.build.prop. Can you help me out?
19th May 2016, 03:51 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Once again, I've had success with Genesis 1.2 Lenovo Atmos. I'm running the latest MM with SU v2.7.2 and selinux=enforcing. I noticed that a lot of people seem to be having trouble with the DD+ variant. It might be worth it to try Atmos. As noted in the Viper thread, the two are almost identical in sound.

Updates are coming so fast, I was not able to do a good comparison with v0.94. Not that I'm complaining!

I may press my luck and try the SU v2.7.3 beta. If I do, I'll report back.

Sent from my Pixel C using XDA-Developers mobile app
19th May 2016, 03:59 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 6,038

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat007

Man, I blink and have 5 more pages of updates to read through 😵 You guys must have much younger ears than me to her differences in all these. For me the major differences are in switching irs. Going from suggested to "BBE Generic Preset 2" to "Studer +3dB w NoiseReduction Updated" makes "huge" changes. Going from v4a to Arise to whatever, seems much more subtle. Using s4ki ear buds (and 66 year old ears).

I test as is no Viper on at all. Problem is the music you young guys liston to.

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app
19th May 2016, 04:06 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

I test as is no Viper on at all. Problem is the music you young guys liston to.

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

you mean that flac shouldn't have a difference?
19th May 2016, 04:06 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilp12

I'm having the same problem, Exodus 0.3 and 0.4 don't work. 0.2 was working for me though. I think it's to do with HTC devices as I got the M9. There's no sound with earphones on. Speakers work though. I put the rom's build.prop so no old tweak.prop settings were colliding in build.prop for flashing the new versions. Still no sound with the earphone jack plugged in. I tried what you did but I can't find those entries in audio_policy.conf. I put the proper permissions as well to 0644 on the fresh build.prop as well as deleting the tweak.prop and backup.build.prop. Can you help me out?

Same for me also with an htc m9 (with candySix Rom. Exodus 0.1 and 0.4 doesn't have sound on the earphones. Last working version was Genesis 1.1.2 and 1.2 (without dolby).

I will check if it's working with exodus 0.2.

Also 0.2 exodus has no sound on the headphones.

Thanks for your hard work.
19th May 2016, 04:44 PM |#510  
Flag Zeist
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Ah, yes indeed! Old Android N, /system/bin/logd, /system/su.d/permissive.sh, and I had quite the tumultuous relationship lol!

Flash the zip below in recovery and reboot. From that point, she'll take great care of you!

Having the same issue on my N6 with preview 3. There a fix for this as well? Or simply flash this 6P version?
19th May 2016, 05:00 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Does anyone know if the new Exodus 4 is universal to JB/KK/LP/MM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)