ARISE Sound Systems™ - Auditory Research in Sound Enhancement

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,517

By A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems, Member on 15th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2016, 05:00 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Does anyone know if the new Exodus 4 is universal to JB/KK/LP/MM?
19th May 2016, 05:37 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrane

Dirty Unicorns is NOT cm based. It's AOSP. They use cmte CM based theming.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

the Kernel is also CM base..
19th May 2016, 05:46 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for the info.
Also do i need to delete the same file if i just want to
install viper by itself?
And lastly i think someone said that ARISE will work
on stock factory firmware no root or is root needed.
19th May 2016, 06:20 PM |#514  
Flag Richeyville
Thanks Meter: 1,661

More
Testing Exodus 4 with Dolby On tweak.prop over speaker and so far, I'm enjoying even more than Exodus 2. Everything is coming together beautifully. Everything seems to be at a clear and crisp level. Bass doesn't overpower mids or highs and vice versa. Bass is still punchy but not at an overpowering level. The wife even said she's gonna give me the day to test, so Exodus 4 and Skyrim it is👍

Sent from Outside the 9 using my Zombiefied Exodus OnyX
The Following User Says Thank You to dingermtb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dingermtb Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 06:26 PM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Removed /system/lib/libaudioflinger.huawei.so

My apologies if this has been answered - can we flash .4 over .2? Also, when I go to add the suggested tweak props, it adds the alsa and some sony lines, but not the remaining lines. I'm looking at the system build prop (not sure if I should be looking elsewhere, or if I should just copy and past the lines rather than trying to flash it). Thanks again.
19th May 2016, 06:35 PM |#516  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Is this working on preview 3? I tried to flash and it failed.
19th May 2016, 06:57 PM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 771

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiahfreedom

Is this working on preview 3? I tried to flash and it failed.

I tried Exodus.0.4 and it keeps asking to install driver.. I'll prolly try 0.3 or lower later
19th May 2016, 07:18 PM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reniko

Same for me also with an htc m9 (with candySix Rom. Exodus 0.1 and 0.4 doesn't have sound on the earphones. Last working version was Genesis 1.1.2 and 1.2 (without dolby).

I will check if it's working with exodus 0.2.

Also 0.2 exodus has no sound on the headphones.

Thanks for your hard work.

I have a fresh backup with no sound mod. So from that 0.1 and 0.2 Exodus works.
Also if you don't want to dirty flash rom, get the fresh build.prop from the rom you have and put it in system with permissions 0644 and reboot then try if the older Exodus versions work. Make sure you don't have the old build.prop.backup file or tweak.prop files in sd scard. Also if you use ES File Manager app, there's a folder in sd card called .estrongs, inside that folder there's another folder called recycle, and inside that make sure to delete whatever folders that are numerical excepting .nomedia. In addition, keep the "recycle bin" option turned off in the app. You might be surprised that there be old tweak.prop files deleted from the ES File Manager app that are in there and flashed automatically rather than the tweak.prop in root of sd card which causes problems for this mod not to work. Happened to me. However Exodus 0.3 and 0.4 don't work. Hopefully that gets resolved soon, so with newer versions there's no further problems.
19th May 2016, 07:21 PM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi. I have I9505 with Thor S7. Whenever I flash Arise from recovery my sim card goes missing. As for music I stay with vper4fx which is not working. Additionally selinux goes from permissive to enforced. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong. Maybe some suggestion over custom rom? Thanks in advance
19th May 2016, 07:38 PM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Great work, awesome sound!!!
Running latest Exodus .4 with dolby prop on M8 DU 10.2
Thanks, kept them coming!!!
19th May 2016, 08:03 PM |#521  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875

Donate to Me
More
Sorry for all the unforseen issues guys. I was exhausted yesterday and crashed before I could see any bug reports.

Exodus™ 0.5 and 0.5 JB KK are now available in the Exodus™ folder. Quite a few changes with Genesis™ 0.8.3's popularity and compatibility resourced more than anything else so a dirty rom flash is especially recommended but not mandatory if your Exodus ™ experience has been bug-free so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucki_X

MD5 is good. So I tried another two versions with the same result. Just for sure last version I was able to boot was Genesis 0.9. Since version 0.9.1 I'm unable to boot up up to version exodus 0.4. I tried almost all versions. Nevertheless with that previous versions I had problem with recording app.
Thank you for your amazing work.

Sent from PLK-TL01H

I really appreciate your hanging in there, hopefully 0.5 gets you up and going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobn

Hi @guitardedhero, I tried the latest Exodus by following your instructions on my S3 but Viper stays "abnormal" whatever I try to do to solve the issue (uninstall/reinstall the driver, manually copy+permissions, ...).
I also noticed that system/vendor/etc had permissions set to 777, is that right? I changed them to 755 and 644 the contained files as usual.
The sound is good but I found basses slightly less "distinct"; overall impression is a tiny step towards "in your face" setup, that's nice.
Thank you!

My device is S3 with latest Temasek 8.3 (I removed the preinstalled Viper of course), SuperSu 2.65.

edit: Genesis 1.2 Lenovo Atmos is running flawlessly on the Note 3. It shall be tuned finely because it can be overkilling, Atmos adds a lot of "effect", but once I got my best setup it is simply wonderful!

Very odd about the permissions. Everything is correct in the script and I simply have no answer to explain that result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting_

I dont have notifications sound after flash exodus.0.4 with dolby on tweak.prop anyhep plz

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I'm hoping the changes in 0.5 restore your notifications, that bug was in mind the entire time preparing 0.5. Dirty flash your rom first before trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiel187

Having the same issue on my N6 with preview 3. There a fix for this as well? Or simply flash this 6P version?

Flash the Permissive fix zip and do the following before rebooting:

Mount > System
Advanced > File Manager
Navigate to /system/bin
Tap on logd > Delete > Swipe
Mount > uncheck System
Reboot

It seems the logd being used the entire duration of N is finally incompatible, but hopefully its absence along with the Permissive script is enough. I know it was on the previous versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrodini

I tried Exodus.0.4 and it keeps asking to install driver.. I'll prolly try 0.3 or lower later

Did you update through OTA or tupac4u? Check your available free /system space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyski

Hi. I have I9505 with Thor S7. Whenever I flash Arise from recovery my sim card goes missing. As for music I stay with vper4fx which is not working. Additionally selinux goes from permissive to enforced. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong. Maybe some suggestion over custom rom? Thanks in advance

I wish I knew more about Samsung's intricacies. Is that rom cm based? A user reported that issue as a common occurrence that is remedied by toggling Airplane Mode On and Off.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)