FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] LeTV x3-55 x3-55pro x3-65 x3-65pro

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

By dipcore, Senior Member on 19th February 2017, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Recovery for LETV Super TV X3-50, X3-55, X3-55Pro, X3-65, X3-65Pro

The recovery is based on generic aosp recovery. Signature checking is completely disabled, so you can flash any .zip update. The responsibility of what are you flashing is entirely on you.
The main problem was - the recovery cannot get assess to the TV screen. I wrote a lot of code to make fbdev working.

Successfully tested on:
x3-65 (Super3 Max65)
x3-55Pro (Super3 x55Pro)
x3-55 (Super3 x55)
x3-50 (Super3 x50)

How to flash recovery?
- TV is off
- Put LetvUpgrade928.bin from the archive to root folder of a usb drive and insert it to the TV
- Stay in front of the TV and point the remote to the center of the TV and press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER (each button should be hold during 1-2 seconds, so no rush)
- TV will boot up and you'll get a blue progress bar. After flashing the TV turns itself off.

How to enter recovery mode?
Two ways to enter the recovery:
- If you have physical buttons on the TV then just press and hold Vol+ button on the TV.
- If you do not have buttons on the TV you can use remote. Press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH+, CH-, POWER

Download recovery
letv_recovery_v0.0.3.zip
letv_recovery_v0.0.2.zip
letv_recovery_v0.0.1b.zip
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to dipcore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dipcore Ad-Free

19th February 2017, 03:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Addons
1. SuperSu
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...x3-65-t3592193
2. Gapps (tablet version)
- Minimal: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzC...ew?usp=sharing
- Full: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzC...ew?usp=sharing
3. Gapps (TV Version)
- coming soon
4. Custom ROM:
LeMod 0.0.10 alpha: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...zhOdGhkYVhieWc
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dipcore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dipcore Ad-Free
20th February 2017, 08:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a X3-65 , How can I help?
21st February 2017, 02:03 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz909

I have a X3-65 , How can I help?

I sent you pm with details.
21st February 2017, 01:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'll try to be a tester x3-55, please send details
4th March 2017, 09:40 PM |#6  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Donation sent, let me know if you need another x3 65 owner to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to chefchuck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chefchuck Ad-Free
6th March 2017, 05:17 PM |#7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Yes im in too... Updates have been way ****ty from le
9th March 2017, 02:15 AM |#8  
Flag Berea
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Having a bit of an issue. Installed your custom rom. Been running it a while without issues. Decided to load your recovery. All went well with the install and I worked on setting the device up.

I hit a snag while installing apps and needed to factory reset. Used the setting factory reset. Tv rebooted, acted like it wiped, then failed. Tried to boot it up but never gets to the animated screen Le Ecosystem screen. Stops trying after a minute or so and turns off.

Any way I could get a flashible rom zip or some advise on how to get the stock recovery back on it to reflash your rom bin file @dipcore

I can get to your custom recovery without issues.

TV = X3-55 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to thoth_19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thoth_19 Ad-Free
9th March 2017, 03:57 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoth_19

Having a bit of an issue. Installed your custom rom. Been running it a while without issues. Decided to load your recovery. All went well with the install and I worked on setting the device up.

I hit a snag while installing apps and needed to factory reset. Used the setting factory reset. Tv rebooted, acted like it wiped, then failed. Tried to boot it up but never gets to the animated screen Le Ecosystem screen. Stops trying after a minute or so and turns off.

Any way I could get a flashible rom zip or some advise on how to get the stock recovery back on it to reflash your rom bin file @dipcore

I can get to your custom recovery without issues.

TV = X3-55 Pro

I will investigate wiping issue.
You can flash bin files without any problem, in the same way as you did it before (SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER) I did not change that.
The Following User Says Thank You to dipcore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dipcore Ad-Free
9th March 2017, 04:00 AM |#10  
Flag Berea
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipcore

I will investigate wiping issue.
You can flash bin files without any problem, in the same way as you did it before (SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER) I did not change that.

I'll give that a go. It wasnt liking it much when I tried it, however I can wipe the USB drive and give it another go.

Minor setback aside, stellar job on this. These have such great hardware that's stunted by aubpar software. Seems to be the deal with Letv/LeEco devices. So much potential.
The Following User Says Thank You to thoth_19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thoth_19 Ad-Free
9th March 2017, 04:12 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoth_19

I'll give that a go. It wasnt liking it much when I tried it, however I can wipe the USB drive and give it another go.

It should work. My recovery does not change mboot partition (which is used when you fash bin files). I made it by intention so the regular bin files are always flashable and you can restore factory state, if you need
You may need to try couple times.
The Following User Says Thank You to dipcore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dipcore Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)