The recovery is based on generic aosp recovery. Signature checking is completely disabled, so you can flash any .zip update. The responsibility of what are you flashing is entirely on you.
The main problem was - the recovery cannot get assess to the TV screen. I wrote a lot of code to make fbdev working.
Successfully tested on:
x3-65 (Super3 Max65)
x3-55Pro (Super3 x55Pro)
x3-55 (Super3 x55)
x3-50 (Super3 x50)
How to flash recovery?
- TV is off
- Put LetvUpgrade928.bin from the archive to root folder of a usb drive and insert it to the TV
- Stay in front of the TV and point the remote to the center of the TV and press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER (each button should be hold during 1-2 seconds, so no rush)
- TV will boot up and you'll get a blue progress bar. After flashing the TV turns itself off.
How to enter recovery mode?
Two ways to enter the recovery:
- If you have physical buttons on the TV then just press and hold Vol+ button on the TV.
- If you do not have buttons on the TV you can use remote. Press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH+, CH-, POWER