Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOURCES] [DevXchange] Android Sources Highly Compressed & Developer Exchange

1,264 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,483

Post Reply Email Thread
10th December 2015, 03:04 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
hey bro.. first of all thanks for the source.. i downloaded cm12.1 no repo, and as of now it is compiling without any problem, hopefully it succeed without any error...
but since i'm completely new to this developing android rom (heck this is my first build ever!) i have several questions.. :
1. is it normal to see tons of warning message from the compiler while building?
2. will it take as long time as the first build to compile if i decided to make some change to the code and recompile or will the compiler just compile the changed bit and done with it?
3. how do you turn the source code into a zip file? Do you just take the .repo folder or the source code folder and zip it? i want to make it myself for backup just in case something went horribly wrong with my machine i don't have to do repo sync again and consume tons of bandwidth again..

thanks... any reply would be appreciated!

10th December 2015, 03:13 PM |#102  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
1) Yes warnings are ok. Errors are not.

2) compiler compiles whole build. It never compiles just the changed stuff. You have to run "make clean && make clobber" if you want to build again.

3) yes just zip it. By using terminal. And use different commands for high compression

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift regalstreak Ad-Free
10th December 2015, 03:28 PM |#103  
Flag Sukoharjo
Thanks Meter: 1,079

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalstreak

FAQ

Q1> How should I extract the source?
Ans: If your archive is in .7z format, do this:

• Open Terminal
  • Download 7zip if not done before (sudo apt-get install p7zip-full)
  • Now cd to the drive where you have downloaded the sources
  • 7z x (file name here).7z

If your archive is in .tar.gz format, do this:
  • Open Terminal
  • tar -xvzf (file name here).tar.gz

If your archive is in .tar.xz format, do this (Credits to @sumit yadav for making me add this!):
  • Open Terminal
  • tar -xvJf (file name here).tar.xz

Now you have extracted the source.

Q2> I am not able to extract the source. What should I do?
Ans: You cannot extract source with GUI on the Archive Extractor. So, try the method I mentioned.

Q3> Is the size of all files 2GB? I saw the size 2GB on Androidfilehost!
Ans: The mentioned size on the thread is correct. AndroidFileHost has some problems while showing file sizes for files above 2GB.

Please press the "Thanks Button" if I helped you and quote me if you have a problem!

Thank you sir ... im really need like it ... good job sir...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ih24n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ih24n Ad-Free
11th December 2015, 01:01 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

1) Yes warnings are ok. Errors are not.

2) compiler compiles whole build. It never compiles just the changed stuff. You have to run "make clean && make clobber" if you want to build again.

3) yes just zip it. By using terminal. And use different commands for high compression

thanks for your reply! now i have another questions... the last build that i said was compiling turned out to be failed.
for some reason my virtual machine just hangs and don't respond to anything, even the clock didn't move and my disk usage was pegged at 100% causing whole system to become unstable..
i thought it was because my vm ram was too small (i only set 2 gb for it) so i increase the ram for the vm to 4.5 gb but it's still the same..
but atleast for the second failed build it gave me an error while compiling chromium, at libchromeview.so.. i don't have any ways to save the log as the system was totally unresponsive at the time and needed to be killed.

do you have any clue why my virtual machines just hangs right there? thanks..!

Edit: here's the log
target SharedLib: libwebviewchromium (/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so)
collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::lockPixels() const' in /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::unlockPixels() const' in /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::notifyPixelsChanged() const' in /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
build/core/shared_library_internal.mk:68: recipe for target '/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so' failed
make: *** [/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (16:22 (mm:ss)) ####
11th December 2015, 02:14 PM |#105  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a13x4nd3r

thanks for your reply! now i have another questions... the last build that i said was compiling turned out to be failed.
for some reason my virtual machine just hangs and don't respond to anything, even the clock didn't move and my disk usage was pegged at 100% causing whole system to become unstable..
i thought it was because my vm ram was too small (i only set 2 gb for it) so i increase the ram for the vm to 4.5 gb but it's still the same..
but atleast for the second failed build it gave me an error while compiling chromium, at libchromeview.so.. i don't have any ways to save the log as the system was totally unresponsive at the time and needed to be killed.

do you have any clue why my virtual machines just hangs right there? thanks..!

Edit: here's the log
target SharedLib: libwebviewchromium (/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so)
collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::lockPixels() const' in /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::unlockPixels() const' in /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::notifyPixelsChanged() const' in /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
build/core/shared_library_internal.mk:68: recipe for target '/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so' failed
make: *** [/home/alex/AndroidDev/cm12.1/out/target/product/treltexx/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (16:22 (mm:ss)) ####

I recommend you to switch to dualboot instead of vms. 4 gb is not good. Need atleast 8gigs

16th December 2015, 06:50 PM |#106  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 199

More
This might be a stupid question
Sorry in advance

I'm making MIUI 7 using PatchROM

I downloaded both files (only repo and without repo)

Where should i extract the downloaded only repo compressed file? Because i searched for the repo folder in my Ubuntu environment and didnt find it
16th December 2015, 06:52 PM |#107  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shripal17

This might be a stupid question
Sorry in advance

I'm making MIUI 7 using PatchROM

I downloaded both files (only repo and without repo)

Where should i extract the downloaded only repo compressed file? Because i searched for the repo folder in my Ubuntu environment and didnt find it

Extract both to the same folder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift regalstreak Ad-Free
16th December 2015, 06:53 PM |#108  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot for your great work
The Following User Says Thank You to Shripal17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shripal17 Ad-Free
20th December 2015, 10:56 AM |#109  
Flag rajnandgaon
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Please bro... I am waiting to build Ubuntu touch from long time
21st December 2015, 02:16 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 10

More