Thanks Meter: 4,477

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsadP2013

Wow amazing work!

Thanks!
Hope it helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift regalstreak Ad-Free

26th October 2015, 07:18 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF Jarvis

What if it's in tar.xz @regalstreak, most people including @DigiGoon use it for its extreme compression.

Sent from a Cool Phone stuck with crappy KingUser

Use tar -xJf file_name.tar.xz to extract *tar.xz....

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalstreak

FAQ

Q1> How should I extract the source?
Ans: If your archive is in .7z format, do this:

• Open Terminal
  • Download 7zip if not done before (sudo apt-get install p7zip-full)
  • Now cd to the drive where you have downloaded the sources
  • 7z x (file name here).7z

If your archive is in .tar.gz format, do this:
  • Open Terminal
  • Now cd to the drive where you have downloaded the sources
  • tar -xvzf (file name here).tar.gz

Now you have extracted the source.

Q2> I am not able to extract the source. What should I do?
Ans: You cannot extract source with GUI on the Archive Extractor. So, try the method I mentioned.

Q3> Is the size of all files 2GB? I saw the size 2GB on Androidfilehost!
Ans: The mentioned size on the thread is correct. AndroidFileHost has some problems while showing file sizes for files above 2GB.

Please press the "Thanks Button" if I helped you and quote me if you have a problem!

Hey, first of all....A BIG Thanks to you guys, you guys are awesome and keeping the spirit of xda to help your friends......
A request, Add the method to extract *.tar.xz as "tar -xJf file_name.tar.xz"
The Following User Says Thank You to sumit yadav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sumit yadav Ad-Free
26th October 2015, 07:24 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit yadav

Use tar -xJf file_name.tar.xz to extract *tar.xz....

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Hey, first of all....A BIG Thanks to you guys, you guys are awesome and keeping the spirit of xda to help your friends......
A request, Add the method to extract *.tar.xz as "tar -xJf file_name.tar.xz"

Im glad that this index is helping youll alot! Yea sure.. Ill add that now!
26th October 2015, 07:33 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Wow thanks man I'm really eager to get started but my internet speed had always let me down. But thanks to you guys I can finally start to build my own ROM. Thanks again guys much appreciated.
26th October 2015, 07:44 PM |#15  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adil089

Wow thanks man I'm really eager to get started but my internet speed had always let me down. But thanks to you guys I can finally start to build my own ROM. Thanks again guys much appreciated.

Me faced the same problems! But now i have managed to get a better isp happy this helped you!

(One req: Please spread this thread so people may know that highly compressed sources exist and they can even start with a bad internet connection!)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift regalstreak Ad-Free
26th October 2015, 07:51 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

Me faced the same problems! But now i have managed to get a better isp happy this helped you!

(One req: Please spread this thread so people may know that highly compressed sources exist and they can even start with a bad internet connection!)

I will definitely spread this thread because I know a few people who may need it. It's the least that I can do. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to adil089 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adil089 Ad-Free
28th October 2015, 07:37 PM |#17  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
@Perseus should this thread be moved to Misc android development? So more people can see it? Or is it fine here...
1st November 2015, 02:30 PM |#18  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
The thread will be updated from nov6th.. Got exams Please hold on!
The Following User Says Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift regalstreak Ad-Free
1st November 2015, 04:56 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

The thread will be updated from nov6th.. Got exams Please hold on!

Thanks man. Good look on your exams.
The Following User Says Thank You to adil089 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adil089 Ad-Free
3rd November 2015, 12:24 PM |#20  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thank you very much!
I always wanted to build a ROM but 18GB downloads always stopped me to do so. This is amazing!
However it could have been a little better if the archives were broken into parts so that they could be downloaded on two or more systems and on FAT32 SDcards (4GB max file limit).

Well done!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PuLKit4xd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuLKit4xd Ad-Free
4th November 2015, 11:30 AM |#21  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuLKit4xd

Thank you very much!
I always wanted to build a ROM but 18GB downloads always stopped me to do so. This is amazing!
However it could have been a little better if the archives were broken into parts so that they could be downloaded on two or more systems and on FAT32 SDcards (4GB max file limit).

Well done!

Umm.. Why dont you format ur sd card as ntfs? Its an android? No prob.. Use exfat! We didnt break them into parts as they might create loads of confusion for extracting files
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)