FORUMS

[TOOL][Linux] MiFlash for Linux

200 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By complicazio, Senior Member on 22nd November 2017, 08:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This UNOFFICIAL tool allows you to flash in Linux an official Xiaomi firmware in fastboot (.tgz) format just like Miflash does on Windows machines; also it is possible to make a full backup of the ROM always in .tgz format only for device with Android Marshmallow or higher.


TESTED GUIDE WITH UBUNTU 17.10 64-bit


You must first install and configure adb and fastboot for Linux.

INSTRUCTIONS:


Open the terminal (ctrl + alt + t) and write the following commands


Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
Code:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot
FLASH FIRMWARE

1) download the zip file from HERE and place it on the desk;

2) Restart the device in fastboot mode and connect it to the computer with USB cable;

3) on UBUNTU unpack the .zip by right-clicking on the file and selecting "extract here", now open the newly created folder and unpack the .tar file that you will find in it;

More generally, to extract .zip and .tar files from the terminal, you use the commands:

Code:
unzip nomefile.zip
Code:
tar -xvf nomefile.tar

in our case, from desk, give the following commands:

Code:
cd Scrivania
Code:
unzip XIAOMI-TOOL-MiFlash-for-Linux-by-IceMan-master
Code:
cd XIAOMI-TOOL-MiFlash-for-Linux-by-IceMan-master
Code:
tar -xvf Xiaomi_MiFlash_new.tar



5) To start the program, open a new terminal window (ctrl+alt+t) and type the following commands:

Code:
cd Scrivania
Code:
cd XIAOMI-TOOL-MiFlash-for-Linux-by-IceMan-master/Xiaomi_MiFlash_new && ./go.sh






6) copy the rom .tgz file to / XIAOMI-TOOL-MiFlash-for-Linux-by-IceMan-master / Xiaomi_MiFlash_new / XIAOMI-FILE folder


7) Select "1" for firmware flash


8) Select "1" to choose the rom file to install





9) Select one of the flash options and wait for the operation to complete:







BACKUP ROM FORMAT .TGZ


1) Start the phone in TWRP and connect it to the PC.

2) start the tool as in step 5 above and select option "2".

BACKUP ONLY WORK WITH TERMINALS WITH MARSHMALLOW OR SUPERIOR ANDROID VERSION.






Source

credits: Iceman-IT (developer)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to complicazio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift complicazio Ad-Free
26th December 2017, 05:06 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thank you, I use Linux a lot, this is really usefull. Good work, I will try it now

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

You are amazing, this tool Works perfectly!!! Long life to linux
30th January 2018, 09:19 AM |#3  
steadfasterX's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,661
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by complicazio

This UNOFFICIAL tool allows you to flash in Linux an official Xiaomi firmware in fastboot (.tgz) format just like Miflash does on Windows machines; also it is possible to make a full backup of the ROM always in .tgz format only for device with Android Marshmallow or higher.

great tool.
I will add it to FWUL soon

.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2018, 09:09 AM |#4  
Robstir's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I'm very new to Linux so any chance of making the instructions a bit more noob friendly?
Like is nomefile.zip supposed to be namefile.zip? and Italian screenshots?
I got it to install from the first set of command codes but nothing with the zip extracting codes.

Help appreciated.
15th February 2018, 02:20 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robstir

I'm very new to Linux so any chance of making the instructions a bit more noob friendly?
Like is nomefile.zip supposed to be namefile.zip? and Italian screenshots?
I got it to install from the first set of command codes but nothing with the zip extracting codes.

Help appreciated.

nomefile=namefile

Scrivania=Desktop
The Following User Says Thank You to complicazio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift complicazio Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 11:29 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Hi, is it going to lock the bootloader after flaashing? thanks
14th May 2018, 11:12 AM |#7  
Member
Flag Ĺ abac
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
I like it. I would love if it had some kind of progress bar also. But except for that, it's perfect.
16th May 2018, 04:56 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Unlock is possible or it needs to be unlock in Windows in the first time ?
2nd June 2018, 08:31 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
TWRP
Hi. My phone is unlocked with oem debugging and I have installed ADB and Fasboot as instructed.
Can I go ahead and flash now?
What of TWRP? Does this miFlash tool have TWRP built in or do I have to find a way to install that separately?
What of supersu? Which comes first. I read that I need to install supersu first, then going to instructions about supersu it says I need TWRP installed!! This is very confusing!
Please help!
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to anarchotaoist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anarchotaoist Ad-Free
8th June 2018, 10:38 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchotaoist

Hi. My phone is unlocked with oem debugging and I have installed ADB and Fasboot as instructed.
Can I go ahead and flash now?
What of TWRP? Does this miFlash tool have TWRP built in or do I have to find a way to install that separately?
What of supersu? Which comes first. I read that I need to install supersu first, then going to instructions about supersu it says I need TWRP installed!! This is very confusing!
Please help!
Thanks!

Did you found a answer? I'm in the same case. Thanks
10th June 2018, 11:46 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangel79

Did you found a answer? I'm in the same case. Thanks

Hey Mangel,
I did not end up using this tool or Linux - sorry.
My linux is a Virtualmachine so it was easier to use my host.
I hope you got it sorted!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes