[TOOLKIT] [Carnt] [WINDOWS] [Apk Editor Thingy 2.2.4]

Search This thread

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
Back in June of 2010 Daneshm90 gave us the Apk Manager. Since then various versions based on this have come up here and there. Most common was the Apk-Mulitool which many are familiar with. Well since Neither of these have been updated in quite some time, along with me getting tired of cluttering my C drive with apks and decompiled apks, I decided I need to do something about this.
So I present to you the Apk Editor which is based on the original Apk manager - original thread here and also Ptmr3's Deviant Manager - original thread here
For now this is based on the apktool 2.2.4 but will be updated when needed.

So it's pretty easy to use and has been modified to work on any version of android including Marshmallow! You do not have to run this or install in C drive! You can use it on your desktop or even and external hard drive, or have multiple of them running and open at once if you wish. The only requirement is to have java 1.7 (other versions will likely error out!!!)
1.8 seems to cause errors so if that's what you're on, just do a quick downgrade. Often it's as simple as uninstalling the 1.8 update in control panel. I wrote this part again because many people don't read it the first time so by repeating it my hope is the ability to read will commence!

Features
Code:
[LIST]
[*]decompile apks
[*]re-compile apks
[*]sign apks
[STRIKE][*]zipalign apks[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE][*]adb push apks[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE][*]batch optimize[/STRIKE]
[*]more!!!
[/LIST]

Instructions:
Extract zip anywhere you wish!
inside the place-aoj-here-for-modding folder as well as the projects folder is a Delete_ME.txt file. Delete that from each folder!
next you need to install the framework from your device (note some devices may have more than one framework.apk that needs to be installed) so copy your framework(s) apk(s) to your desktop (important!) then navigate to the z-install frameworks folder. Simply drag and drop your framework(s) apk(s) onto the file "apktoo-if.cmd". A small window will open and tell you it was successful. If it just quickly opens and closes immediately that is because you didn't copy your framework apks onto your desktop like I just told you that you needed to do!
Now you're all set. Simply place your apks in the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder and run the ApkEditor.bat file and follow the prompts.

Tips: If you get an error, choose option 5 to run the log and a red command window will open. You don't need to use that to find your error. I have it automatically outputting to the "log.txt" file in the root of the tool.
Also every now and then it is recommended to open the log.txt and delete everything in it and then save. This will actually speed up the rate at which the log generates. If you don't and decided to let it accumulate, it won't hurt anything but you will notice that when you run the log that the red cmd window seems to run for a very long time. Just make sure the main ApkEditor.bat file is closed when you do this or it won't allow you to save.

I do not want to see posts with people posting huge error logs. If you need to post your log I ask that you use the hide tags.

6BxnVIGBAu5Am1BVTaXD43s9u7fQ1IHworkHtC3soSNyZTAz8aLnxtgGvNCwnQJL7w6VcCAHfetTIh4lsj3QPBY0VuLDli7GSvTZuYKbKBkgFXRuN2U5V_mCM_pyONrMIdhbn1lSDXbc2rhmNdXzZmPMir0VfRbA3gJDGOu-KnDv7-FEFi_wSLetdrDJZOau6UG9bVrYmDbRYNf3KeqHoCKvvUIK8c2GPMv4rbOBkBC7ZRDwYwX8jZt7EKBjArw9fjX20g5br2M3nq8Ffughr45lUK-4p_hItNYH6AzRWGb9_W184LH8nV6qrvfq-x-tBM_W3K5JUb45_Ucq_gAAXexwP8KiA58A4_Fpmm_d7RQsHKB-gTNtDy0qzrMrLMxvRmUpwPDJlLnAKO24NgZEQ31FbWqOYWHtpHE8BzwHK1rgXFy1eLUPSEfCRuh69VdFM7XyGMKksHM9DudpO9E9dqROG38esACtk57E2eqL4aR-sAUOp3ynPPzSEgy1sNSFdoDvjxNSRPs2M6ugCqfQbzrz5ljP_tOCYpB3D-Txg5Qe=w1247-h935-no

Credits:
Daneshm90 - Original APK Manager
Brut.all - Original Apktool
iBotPeaches - Apktool
JesusFreke - Smali/Baksmali
Ptmr3 - Deviant Manager
mike the inkman - helping me fix new errors in the script and mek top well!

Please note that since this is the initial release there may be some bugs or some things not working as they should. I nor my testers did not find any. However if you find any please be polite in telling me and give proper details.
Thank you

Now based on stable apktool v 2.1.1 and all anything not needed has been removed for simplicity and basic decompile and re-compile functions only.
Downloads:

Apk Editor Thingy 2.4.1

Older releases:

Last edited:

SaschaKH

Jun 18, 2010
near Cologne
Not that I need it right now but sounds like something you might 'need' sometime. Thx!

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I'm working on an update guys to latest apktool 2.0.0rc4 and may push it out tonight. I will be stripping this tool of may unneeded options too. Likely will just have decompile, compile, sign and possibly zipalign. Zipalign really isn't needed so we'll see.

I'd prefer to see zipalign stay.

When I'm compiling a theme apk with my version of apkmanager, I usually compile it, select 'n' for not a system apk, sign it and then zipalign it.

Sent via Bacon...

Reactions: nicholaschum

Negan

I'd prefer to see zipalign stay.

When I'm compiling a theme apk with my version of apkmanager, I usually compile it, select 'n' for not a system apk, sign it and then zipalign it.

Sent via Bacon...
I understand what you're saying. I'm still on the fence though only because for example: you are making a theme or app for play store and you want to sign and zipalign it and do so. Your apk will be rejected by google. You will be asked to use something else ie: vts, eclipse or as.

So it seems a bit redundant to keep it. That being said I may keep it still for people to at least have the option. But my goal is to keep this basic and very simple.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I understand what you're saying. I'm still on the fence though only because for example: you are making a theme or app for play store and you want to sign and zipalign it and do so. Your apk will be rejected by google. You will be asked to use something else ie: vts, eclipse or as.

So it seems a bit redundant to keep it. That being said I may keep it still for people to at least have the option. But my goal is to keep this basic and very simple.

I know you want to keep it simple but i dont mind the options As I use them more then most I would say. IT has worked so far for me without issue. Very straight forward and simple really.

I think we tend to dunb things down a bit to much as of late.

Reactions: Spannaa

Negan

I know you want to keep it simple but i dont mind the options As I use them more then most I would say. IT has worked so far for me without issue. Very straight forward and simple really.

I think we tend to dunb things down a bit to much as of late.
Good point. Perhaps I'll make 2 versions. One for basic stuff and new to modding users and one one full one. Just so my inbox can avoid too many "how does this work" posts.

I'll link my git as well so you guys can just clone it to stay up to date too

Reactions: cyrusalmighty

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Good point. Perhaps I'll make 2 versions. One for basic stuff and new to modding users and one one full one. Just so my inbox can avoid too many "how does this work" posts.

I'll be honest. If you are getting pm like that then they need to do some more reading. Your directions are pretty straight forward.

Calaisz17

Jun 4, 2013
Adelaide
so you can?

Code:
decompile apks

compile (not recompile!!!) apks

sign apks

im just going by its stated description so it does decompile and recompile apks?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back in June of 2010 Daneshm90 gave us the Apk Manager. Since then various versions based on this have come up here and there. Most common was the Apk-Mulitool which many are familiar with. Well since Neither of these have been updated in quite some time, along with me getting tired of cluttering my C drive with apks and decompiled apks, I decided I need to do something about this.
    So I present to you the Apk Editor which is based on the original Apk manager - original thread here and also Ptmr3's Deviant Manager - original thread here
    For now this is based on the apktool 2.2.4 but will be updated when needed.

So it's pretty easy to use and has been modified to work on any version of android including Marshmallow! You do not have to run this or install in C drive! You can use it on your desktop or even and external hard drive, or have multiple of them running and open at once if you wish. The only requirement is to have java 1.7 (other versions will likely error out!!!)
    1.8 seems to cause errors so if that's what you're on, just do a quick downgrade. Often it's as simple as uninstalling the 1.8 update in control panel. I wrote this part again because many people don't read it the first time so by repeating it my hope is the ability to read will commence!

Features
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]decompile apks
    [*]re-compile apks
    [*]sign apks
    [STRIKE][*]zipalign apks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE][*]adb push apks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE][*]batch optimize[/STRIKE]
    [*]more!!!
    [/LIST]

Instructions:
    Extract zip anywhere you wish!
    inside the place-aoj-here-for-modding folder as well as the projects folder is a Delete_ME.txt file. Delete that from each folder!
    next you need to install the framework from your device (note some devices may have more than one framework.apk that needs to be installed) so copy your framework(s) apk(s) to your desktop (important!) then navigate to the z-install frameworks folder. Simply drag and drop your framework(s) apk(s) onto the file "apktoo-if.cmd". A small window will open and tell you it was successful. If it just quickly opens and closes immediately that is because you didn't copy your framework apks onto your desktop like I just told you that you needed to do!
    Now you're all set. Simply place your apks in the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder and run the ApkEditor.bat file and follow the prompts.

Tips: If you get an error, choose option 5 to run the log and a red command window will open. You don't need to use that to find your error. I have it automatically outputting to the "log.txt" file in the root of the tool.
    Also every now and then it is recommended to open the log.txt and delete everything in it and then save. This will actually speed up the rate at which the log generates. If you don't and decided to let it accumulate, it won't hurt anything but you will notice that when you run the log that the red cmd window seems to run for a very long time. Just make sure the main ApkEditor.bat file is closed when you do this or it won't allow you to save.

I do not want to see posts with people posting huge error logs. If you need to post your log I ask that you use the hide tags.

6BxnVIGBAu5Am1BVTaXD43s9u7fQ1IHworkHtC3soSNyZTAz8aLnxtgGvNCwnQJL7w6VcCAHfetTIh4lsj3QPBY0VuLDli7GSvTZuYKbKBkgFXRuN2U5V_mCM_pyONrMIdhbn1lSDXbc2rhmNdXzZmPMir0VfRbA3gJDGOu-KnDv7-FEFi_wSLetdrDJZOau6UG9bVrYmDbRYNf3KeqHoCKvvUIK8c2GPMv4rbOBkBC7ZRDwYwX8jZt7EKBjArw9fjX20g5br2M3nq8Ffughr45lUK-4p_hItNYH6AzRWGb9_W184LH8nV6qrvfq-x-tBM_W3K5JUb45_Ucq_gAAXexwP8KiA58A4_Fpmm_d7RQsHKB-gTNtDy0qzrMrLMxvRmUpwPDJlLnAKO24NgZEQ31FbWqOYWHtpHE8BzwHK1rgXFy1eLUPSEfCRuh69VdFM7XyGMKksHM9DudpO9E9dqROG38esACtk57E2eqL4aR-sAUOp3ynPPzSEgy1sNSFdoDvjxNSRPs2M6ugCqfQbzrz5ljP_tOCYpB3D-Txg5Qe=w1247-h935-no

Credits:
    Daneshm90 - Original APK Manager
    Brut.all - Original Apktool
    iBotPeaches - Apktool
    JesusFreke - Smali/Baksmali
    Ptmr3 - Deviant Manager
    mike the inkman - helping me fix new errors in the script and mek top well!

Please note that since this is the initial release there may be some bugs or some things not working as they should. I nor my testers did not find any. However if you find any please be polite in telling me and give proper details.
    Thank you

Now based on stable apktool v 2.1.1 and all anything not needed has been removed for simplicity and basic decompile and re-compile functions only.
    Downloads:

Apk Editor Thingy 2.4.1

Older releases:
    Updated Op and link. Everything will be on my Github now
    Updated to latest apktool for those experiencing errors decompiling some of the newer gapps, etc.

I'll be honest. If you are getting pm like that then they need to do some more reading. Your directions are pretty straight forward.