twrp Porter/Maker for Mediatek MT67XX 64bit & new 32bit Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

illuminarok

Dec 1, 2007
Looks like my phone has a MT6739 which doesn't seem to be supported by the OP. Thanks for the efforts anyhow :)

ilhaminc22

Feb 22, 2018
First you need to find recovery partition. You can install Diskinfo app which can view all partitions without root. enable in Diskinfo settings all partitions. Then you will find recovery partition with path like mmcblk0pXX.
App currently doesn't work on Oreo.
To dump stock recovery, you can use root method for dumping.

open terminal emulator and run:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0pXX of=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img

you will get stock recovery on internal storage.

For non-root method, you need to use SP Flash Tool.

Backing Up Using SPFlashTool.
1. Open the SPFlashTool folder and locate the file

Code:

option.ini

2. Open the file with notepad ++ or some other quality text editor and find the line

Code:

[ReadBack] ShowByScatter=false

Then change it to

Code:

[ReadBack] ShowByScatter=true

3. Save and close it.
4. Now reload your scatter file and go to the Read Back tab you will now see all the partitions that are in the scatter file.

My phone running android 8.0.1.. is that the reason why your tutorial not work ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-14-23-10-01-47.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-14-23-10-01-47.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 375

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
My phone running android 8.0.1.. is that the reason why your tutorial not work ?

probably yes. But you can extract stock recovery from stock rom (look on internet, maybe you'll find it).

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Looks like my phone has a MT6739 which doesn't seem to be supported by the OP. Thanks for the efforts anyhow :)

try to port from similar cpu, for start you can port lenovo k4 note recovery (mt6753).

golemiga6ti

May 17, 2018
Hello!
What is the version TWRP for MT6589 2g ram android 4.2.1 - phone Runbo X6.
My recovery.img is 6mb.
Thanks!

wolfietech

Sep 14, 2015
Hi guys im trying to port a TWRP recovery for my DTAC PhoneX3 running on stock android 7.0... does anyone know where i could get a PORTED TWRP for MT6750T 3GB ram recovery file? TIA! :D:D:D

Last edited:

ReyTheBoss

Jan 2, 2017
OnePlus 10 Pro
hello i have a mt6757 nougat device with a helio p25 and 4GB ram and i found a recovery that is the same but for 6GB ram devices
in @XN Logos 's collection , can it be used directly despite the ram difference or can i use it to compile a new twrp for my device using the tool ?

Carter P

Jul 11, 2014
stuck at boot logo

i successfully ported but get stuck at boot logo when booting to recovery. any ideas?

amhonra

Dec 31, 2011
Umidigi

I am trying to port MT6763 helio P23 6/64gb Android 8 but the tool doesnt work

Any sugestion ???

Edit : Phone model Umidigi Z2

Dandaivin

May 5, 2016
quick question i found that you ported it for the mt6750t for 4gbs of ram how would i have to modify it so it'll work on a 3gb ram phone.

DemonSinusa

Feb 27, 2014
Manual porting

Can you post manual method to port, without kitchen.exe.
This need to more understand mechanic of process. pls.

Shehbazahmed

Mar 17, 2017
Hello can u help me my device lenovo c2 mt6735p my device accepted sign header img can u port for me i making twrp 2 year but not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp Porter-
    as we know there is no tool available to port twrp for mt67XX. Phone so here i create a Simple and user friendly tool to Manually Port twrp for the Mediatek MT67XX Phone also Work with MT65XX new 32 bit phone .
    The tool is Not based on Source This is a manually Porting Method where we use Stock Recovery to Port a custom Recovery. i have Port twrp for almost all latest MT67XX Chip from source and you can use as a Port Recovery,[Link below]..

What you need
    1. tool Download Here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579481564
    2. Stock recovery [dump using SP tool or using Miracle box] Rename it 'stock.img'
    3. Ported twrp from same chip [ Here is My collection- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=220042] select according your chip if not work try from other phone. rename it 'port.img'
    Note- i have Not enable auto copy to keep work with all chip Manually copy Paste Require.
    Instructions-
    Place port.img and stock.img in tool folder
    Run twrp Kitchen.exe and follow on screen instructions

Donation-
    You can Donate Me http://paypal.me/droiddeveloper

Faq-
    1. Touch Not Work-

it's due to kernel source try to port from other twrp,
    final solution use OTG or compile from source.

2. unable to mount partition's-

check and fix fastab in ramdisk folder before hiting enter.

3,. is this Work on old MT65XX Phone-

yes you can use it for MT65XX phone.

4. is This Method work 100% on all Phone-

No it can't work 100% on all phone but work on up to 90% of Mediatek Phone.

5. is this Support Nougat and oreo Images-

yes this one Support oreo and Nougat Recovery Images.

XDA:DevDB Information
    twrp porter , Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    XN Logos

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2017-09-30

Created 2017-10-01
    Last Updated 2018-01-06
    you can download from androidfilhost.
    here is twrp for ulefone t1 ported using this tool base umi plus e. Helio p25, this tool not work on umidigi crystal 4GB/64GB i have tried but not success. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298987398
    Thank u for your great job, i think the recovery we obtain is called "image-new.img" (and not "recovery-new.img" as it's mentioned in the screen instruction). I successfully get this recovery but don't know how to flash it ( because my phone is locked and not rooted "LENOVO C2- k10a40-" ( MT6735 ). HELP PLZ and thanks again .

You can flash it using SP flash tools, take scatter file from your ROM and then flash with SP tools...
    Here is Fastboot Guide, but you can face adbd and large image error with fastboot.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img

You can get all news about Mediatek driver and tools (like Flashtool) here:

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/mo...l-flash-di-telefoni-con-chipset-mediatek.html

The latest driver (ADB + Preloader) is 5.1632 (the link that I posted), and is good fro XP up to Windows 10 and didn't rqeuire to disable driver sign.
    The latest version for Flashtool (for Windows and Linux) is 5.1728
    In the link that I posted are available Gogle Platform Tools (adb.exe/fastboot.exe) usefull for flash boot or recovery without using Flashtool.
    Please, help me to find usb vcom drivers for my device : LENOVO C2, k10a40, MT6735. Thank u again

I beleive that any question not related to TWRP porter is OT here. Check driver v. 5.1632.

mod edit - needrom links removed not allowed due to registration required in order to download