Thanks Meter: 5,647

Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2018, 02:34 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

So basically it is a more well-done version if you want to put it that way. Works on stock and custom ROMs including treble no matter what it is or if there is dm-verity enabled or not is what I'm understanding from this. I'm using treskmod currently which is basically OmniRom. I'll give it a go when I get back off holiday so I can clean flash. Thanks again👍

I wouldn't call it more well done but rather more complete

And yup, should work on any rom/device magiskboot is able to work with (which is most of them). Dm-verity will be removed too by this mod by the way
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 02:45 PM |#12  
Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1,781

More
@Zackptg5 hi. Tell me please how need me right do. I am on LOS 15.1 on my Samsung Tab A SM-T585.now. And with dm-verity and fec are all right. But when i go on custom rom based on stock 8.0(port) i got dm-verity and fec issue. After installation this rom and start i can see all files of internal memory in file explorer. But only i reboot to recovery internal memory have size 0mb. So my question: i need do fomat data before installtion rom and your zip or only install zip?
21st July 2018, 08:28 PM |#13  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

I wouldn't call it more well done but rather more complete

And yup, should work on any rom/device magiskboot is able to work with (which is most of them). Dm-verity will be removed too by this mod by the way

@DEVILOPS 007 I just flashed latest 20180719 tresk and tried this zip and got sent back to TWRP. Immedietly flashed v2 and it booted. It worked on AOSiP earlier though so not sure what could cause it to fail here.

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to bdwilk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdwilk Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 09:09 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by repey6

@Zackptg5 hi. Tell me please how need me right do. I am on LOS 15.1 on my Samsung Tab A SM-T585.now. And with dm-verity and fec are all right. But when i go on custom rom based on stock 8.0(port) i got dm-verity and fec issue. After installation this rom and start i can see all files of internal memory in file explorer. But only i reboot to recovery internal memory have size 0mb. So my question: i need do fomat data before installtion rom and your zip or only install zip?

You'll need to format data. Then flash rom and kernel, then this after

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwilk

@DEVILOPS 007 I just flashed latest 20180719 tresk and tried this zip and got sent back to TWRP. Immedietly flashed v2 and it booted. It worked on AOSiP earlier though so not sure what could cause it to fail here.

Can you send a recovery log? What all did you flash when that happened and in what order? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 09:14 PM |#15  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,647

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can you send a recovery log? What all did you flash when that happened and in what order? Thanks

Format data everytime or just once for this to work or format because of treble or what? I'm curious as to when formatting is required and why exactly.
21st July 2018, 09:22 PM |#16  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,679

More
Quote:

I'll do it again and get a log for you another time.

ROM, magisk 16.6, vanced installer (YouTube), universal dm-verity (ROM has built-in gapps)

Got sent back to TWRP and hit reboot to system one more time for science, and got sent back to TWRP again.

Flashed dm-verity v2 and it booted fine.

OnePlus 5t

Quote:

Format data everytime or just once for this to work or format because of treble or what? I'm curious as to when formatting is required and why exactly.

I believe he's just telling dude how to decrypt for the first time.

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to bdwilk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdwilk Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 09:25 PM |#17  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,647

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwilk

I'll do it again and get a log for you another time.

ROM, magisk 16.6, vanced installer (YouTube), universal dm-verity (ROM has built-in gapps)

Got sent back to TWRP and hit reboot to system one more time for science, and got sent back to TWRP again.

Flashed dm-verity v2 and it booted fine.

OnePlus 5t

I believe he's just telling dude how to decrypt for the first time.

Oh I thought he was responding to you. My bad lol
The Following User Says Thank You to DEVILOPS 007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DEVILOPS 007 Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 10:16 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Oh I thought he was responding to you. My bad lol

Ya, you just need to format data to decrypt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 06:20 AM |#19  
Kiev

More
Quote:

This is a copypaste from Samsuyng Tab A thread:

Quote:

Hi. You can to try Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt Disabler by Zackptg5 from this thred https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...crypt-t3817389

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaz3gamingHD

Does this work?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I've tested it and it doesn't work, still encrypted.

22nd July 2018, 09:44 AM |#20  
Flag Masury, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,326

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is a copypaste from Samsuyng Tab A thread:

Of course he's still encrypted this zip isn't going to decrypt your phone. It's for once your decrypted and flashing a rom it will not allow the rom zip to encrypt your device and will allow it to boot decrypted and without the insecure verity check blocking boot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnb380 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnb380 Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 02:45 PM |#21  
Kiev

More
Quote:

I checked else one time but not disable dm-verity and fec with format data before installation this rom https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...o-8-0-t3792635 . Sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dm-verity disabler, force encryption disabler

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)