31st July 2018, 07:09 PM |#31  
Elysium
Thanks Meter: 913

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

@Mervingio and everyone else:

Updated this zip to v1.1. Changelog:

• Added magisk.apk back for bootsigning purposes only (doesn't get installed or anything)
  • Updated stuff to magisk 16.7 (1671)
  • Added creation/modification of .magisk and .supersu files with verity and FEC disabled. Also set the supersu fec remover to false as well just in case it could mess with things. This will remove any existing .magisk files and create one at /cache. It'll modify /data/.supersu if it exists, otherwise it'll create it

Sweet Thanks Zach

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
1st August 2018, 12:54 PM |#32  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Quote:

@Mervingio and everyone else:

Updated this zip to v1.1. Changelog:
Added magisk.apk back for bootsigning purposes only (doesn't get installed or anything)
Added creation/modification of .magisk and .supersu files with verity and FEC disabled. Also set the supersu fec remover to false as well just in case it could mess with things. This will remove any existing .magisk files and create one at /cache. It'll modify /data/.supersu if it exists, otherwise it'll create it

Good day mate!

Just a nooby layman question (I'm new to Magisk}..

To get the new zip on board, can just just flash it via TWRP with the device already running previous version?

I just had a fun time - flashed this updated version, then installed a module via Magisk (first time). On reboot, SIM not detected cause I lost both IMEIs.

No biggie - had a TWRP backup so was back in business in 15 min.

Because I did two different things consecutively, I can't figure out what went by wrong where (my bad).

So I just want to eliminate this first after which I'll back up to this state. Then I'll probably start to learn about the Unity thingy.

Thanks for the awesome work.

Cheers!

Choo ks
1st August 2018, 01:53 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,675

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooks06

Good day mate!

Just a nooby layman question (I'm new to Magisk}..

To get the new zip on board, can just just flash it via TWRP with the device already running previous version?

I just had a fun time - flashed this updated version, then installed a module via Magisk (first time). On reboot, SIM not detected cause I lost both IMEIs.

No biggie - had a TWRP backup so was back in business in 15 min.

Because I did two different things consecutively, I can't figure out what went by wrong where (my bad).

So I just want to eliminate this first after which I'll back up to this state. Then I'll probably start to learn about the Unity thingy.

Thanks for the awesome work.

Cheers!

Choo ks

You can but there's no point. This needs to be flashed after any rom flashes (both dirty and clean). You can flash it and reflash it as many times as you want and it shouldn't effect anything (I've done it just to see what happened and all was fine).
I've never heard of the IMEI thing before so I'd doubt it would be related to this. Just out of curiosity, what magisk module did you flash and what device do you have?

On another note, I reuploaded v1.1 with magisk 16.7 binaries
1st August 2018, 02:03 PM |#34  
Flag singapore

More
Quote:

You can but there's no point. This needs to be flashed after any rom flashes (both dirty and clean). You can flash it and reflash it as many times as you want and it shouldn't effect anything (I've done it just to see what happened and all was fine).
I've never heard of the IMEI thing before so I'd doubt it would be related to this. Just out of curiosity, what magisk module did you flash and what device do you have?

On another note, I reuploaded v1.1 with magisk 16.7 binaries

I am using the 16.7 binaries. Actually I had some issues, had soft bricks a few times, so had to go all the way back to flashing stock ROM then root again.

When I decided to try Magisk, it was after I found your post and the dm-verity removal. It was just a few hours before I saw your latest version update info..lol

By then I did a TWRP backup and decided to try (albeit wrongly doing 2 different things consecutively) just flashing your new version.

Am still on a learning curve so deepest apologies if any convenience caused.

Just trying to figure out where how and why I went wrong.
1st August 2018, 02:11 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooks06

I am using the 16.7 binaries. Actually I had some issues, had soft bricks a few times, so had to go all the way back to flashing stock ROM then root again.

When I decided to try Magisk, it was after I found your post and the dm-verity removal. It was just a few hours before I saw your latest version update info..lol

By then I did a TWRP backup and decided to try (albeit wrongly doing 2 different things consecutively) just flashing your new version.

Am still on a learning curve so deepest apologies if any convenience caused.

Just trying to figure out where how and why I went wrong.

Well if you've already booted and not encrypted, you're good to go. If you're encrypted, you'll need to wipe everything (including internal storage so back up your stuff to your PC first). Then flash rom, gapps, custom kernel (if applicable), this zip, then magisk (if you want). You're using magisk 16.7 (1671) right?
1st August 2018, 02:20 PM |#36  
Flag singapore

More
Quote:

Well if you've already booted and not encrypted, you're good to go. If you're encrypted, you'll need to wipe everything (including internal storage so back up your stuff to your PC first). Then flash rom, gapps, custom kernel (if applicable), this zip, then magisk (if you want). You're using magisk 16.7 (1671) right?

Good to go ... In fact recovered using TWRP backup twice. If it comes to the crunch will go back to ground zero. Thanks!

Edit.. Yes, I'm on 1671
The Following User Says Thank You to chooks06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chooks06 Ad-Free
1st August 2018, 05:42 PM |#37  
Elysium
Thanks Meter: 913

More
@Zackptg5 man this phenomenal no more "preserve force encryption" check mark in Magisk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mervingio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mervingio Ad-Free
2nd August 2018, 01:15 AM |#38  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,647

Donate to Me
More
@Zackptg5 Hi man, I'm on treskmod for op5t and for some reason when flashing this my phone shows the splash screen then reboots to recovery. I have no idea why but seems to be the same problem @bdwilk had and maybe still has. Treskmod is based on Omni and includes 5.1.3 firmware I think and includes the open gapps package from their sources on GitHub if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to DEVILOPS 007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DEVILOPS 007 Ad-Free
2nd August 2018, 01:21 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

@Zackptg5 Hi man, I'm on treskmod for op5t and for some reason when flashing this my phone shows the splash screen then reboots to recovery. I have no idea why but seems to be the same problem @bdwilk had and maybe still has. Treskmod is based on Omni and includes 5.1.3 firmware I think and includes the open gapps package from their sources on GitHub if that helps.

Have you flashed anything else and in what order? Can you post recovery.log post flashing?
2nd August 2018, 01:24 AM |#40  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Have you flashed anything else and in what order? Can you post recovery.log post flashing?

I flashed ROM, ROM debloat script and kernel before noverity. I've not got a recovery log before so please bare with me while I work out how to get one 😂
2nd August 2018, 01:41 AM |#41  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry about the delay, phone was being weird. I flashed everything as normal and copied logs to sdcard.
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (61.9 KB, 36 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dm-verity disabler, force encryption disabler

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)