3,948 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,455

Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2019, 04:06 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Hey everyone! It's been a while thanks to life and such but I have a test build out that I'll make the next release if all goes well. Let me know if it works for you, I'm especially interested in system as root devices.

I completely revamped the zip to now use AK3 by @osm0sis and have a modified version of magiskboot in it that'll do some extra stuff for ramdisk patching

Thank you. Long time and grateful user of your work
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroKool76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeroKool76 Ad-Free
18th July 2019, 10:11 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 534

More
Quote:

Hey everyone! It's been a while thanks to life and such but I have a test build out that I'll make the next release if all goes well. Let me know if it works for you, I'm especially interested in system as root devices.

I completely revamped the zip to now use AK3 by @osm0sis and have a modified version of magiskboot in it that'll do some extra stuff for ramdisk patching

Everything works well here.
- System-as-root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jslawler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jslawler Ad-Free
18th July 2019, 03:28 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 1,880

More
Quote:

Latest version works well for me, but I would love to have a system root again. This means flashing this zip converts magisk to system root?
18th July 2019, 03:32 PM |#504  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz_

Latest version works well for me, but I would love to have a system root again. This means flashing this zip converts magisk to system root?

You should flash magisk_uninstaller.zip for your Magisk version in TWRP to remove all Magisk components.
18th July 2019, 03:34 PM |#505  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,455

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz_

Nope. It does the same stuff it always has but now should be compatible with system as root devices
18th July 2019, 11:16 PM |#506  
Flag Kitchener Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1,042

Donate to Me
More
Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by system as root
The Following User Says Thank You to str8str For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift str8str Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 12:52 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8str

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by system as root

if you don't know it, you probably don't have it
https://source.android.com/devices/b...system-as-root
19th July 2019, 01:23 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 534

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

if you don't know it, you probably don't have it
https://source.android.com/devices/b...system-as-root

One day I'll know what it feels like to be a millionaire... 😂
20th July 2019, 07:21 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well, after flashing this zip, my custom rom (xiaomi.eu 10.3.1 redmi 5 plus) still encrypts my internal storage; therefore, TWRP is still unable to mount data partition when returned after the first system boot.
20th July 2019, 08:46 PM |#510  
Flag Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcaea

Well, after flashing this zip, my custom rom (xiaomi.eu 10.3.1 redmi 5 plus) still encrypts my internal storage; therefore, TWRP is still unable to mount data partition when returned after the first system boot.

did you start with the decrypted internal storage? if not, you will have to format internal storage before to First boot.
21st July 2019, 08:13 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

I am using the zip with both dm-verity and forceencrypt in the zip filename. With this new version, it seems like the /cache/.magisk file is not being read by Magisk. Maybe it's because anykernel.sh, line 53, is removing the file right after it creates it, i.e. echo is followed by rm. But in the old version (which seemed to work well), boot_patch.sh had the rm command followed by echo. Maybe I'm missing something.

With the new version, the result is that checkmarks are both checked when I bring up Magisk Manager. For the old version, both were unchecked. I don't see any difference in the behavior, i.e. I stay decrypted either way (and I guess dm-verity is disabled either way). @Zackptg5, can you tell me why these checkmarks on or off don't make any difference? I've never paid any attention to them until getting this Essential PH-1 with A/B slots.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dm-verity disabler, force encryption disabler

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)