I am running 10.0.2 on my OnePlus 7 Pro (GM1917) with xXx-NoLimits and Riru/EdXposed. I also am running the Smurf kernel. Could someone confirm whether the following are the exact
steps I must follow when flashing dm-verity under that configuration? ...
(1) Boot into recovery
(2) Format /data
(3) Flash the ROM. This is the exact, same ROM zipfile that I have flashed via System update->Local upgrade
, namely OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.22_OTA_022_all_1911070323_2 b888.zip
(4) Flash twrp-3.3.1-70-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip
(5) Reboot into recovery
(6) Flash the same ROM zipfile again
(7) Flash the same TWRP zipfile again
(8) Reboot into recovery
(9) Flash Smurf kernel
(10) Flash Magisk-v20.1.zip
(11) Flash Smurf kernel again
(12) Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_10.20.2019.zip
(13) Boot to System
(14) Set up System
(15) In Magisk, flash xXx-NoLimits *** SEE QUESTION BELOW ***
(16) Reboot to System
(17) In Magisk, flash Riru and EdXposed *** SEE QUESTION BELOW ***
(18) Reboot to System
The question I have about Magisk is this:
there are "Advanced" settings in the Magisk manager, and they are set by default to "Preserve force encryption" and "Preserve AVB-2.0/dm-verity". What should those "Advanced" items be set to when performing these Magisk-based flashes after dm-verity is set up as outlined above?
In general, I want to make sure that these are the precise steps that I must follow in that exact order. Also, I want to confirm that I can flash the same 10.0.2 ROM zipfile in this scenario that I have flashed via OTA. And finally, I want to confirm that the re-flashes and reboots to recovery that I list above are correct.
Thank you very much.