Thanks Meter: 6,467

Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2020, 05:10 PM |#901  
Flag Amityville
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

It shouldn't have any effect on that. I'm surprised people are still using it honestly, I'm pretty much magisk only at this point although I try to make some stuff rootless compatible

The device is an Nvidia Shield Portable which doesn't have init.d support built in, and the highest system software that was released was Lollipop. I'm sure it makes more sense why I'd be using considering that. osm0sis' init.d solution returns an error whenever I flash it. I know your solution is deprecated, so I don't want to bother you for help with it. But I can't get things working with your solution, it's there other init.d boot script solutions you'd recommend? I'd rather not use an app for it, and am looking for something that I can use to modify the system software to support init.d boot scripts if possible. Thanks!
12th March 2020, 05:25 PM |#902  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

So all your vendor partition information appears to be in the dtbs in your boot img. The recovery log also showed that the zip didnt' throw any errors and seemingly did what it was supposed to. You'll have to play around with it and magisk but I didn't see any errors on my end

I noticed that my vendor mount point of Android 10 is placed in ramdisk/etc/recovery.fstab, but not in Android 9

I also noticed that in my Nokia 7 Plus, in /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom, there is fileencryption=ice that I changed in encryptable (and not encryptable=ice) but, after flashing your zip, fileencryption=ice wasn't replaced correctly.

PS: in your experience, is possible that some applications can cause bootloop because are made for Android 9 but not for Android 10? And how can I investigate about this?
12th March 2020, 05:55 PM |#903  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,467

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZiontist

The device is an Nvidia Shield Portable which doesn't have init.d support built in, and the highest system software that was released was Lollipop. I'm sure it makes more sense why I'd be using considering that. osm0sis' init.d solution returns an error whenever I flash it. I know your solution is deprecated, so I don't want to bother you for help with it. But I can't get things working with your solution, it's there other init.d boot script solutions you'd recommend? I'd rather not use an app for it, and am looking for something that I can use to modify the system software to support init.d boot scripts if possible. Thanks!

I don't know of any newer init.d solutions. Why not just use magisk? It's compatible back to jellybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_jax

I noticed that my vendor mount point of Android 10 is placed in ramdisk/etc/recovery.fstab, but not in Android 9

I also noticed that in my Nokia 7 Plus, in /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom, there is fileencryption=ice that I changed in encryptable (and not encryptable=ice) but, after flashing your zip, fileencryption=ice wasn't replaced correctly.

PS: in your experience, is possible that some applications can cause bootloop because are made for Android 9 but not for Android 10? And how can I investigate about this?

the recovery.fstab is used for recovery, not booted systems unless yours is somehow different.
You can't change the filencryption entry to encryptable or anything else because they're completely different methods of encryption so you just have to remove it (fileencryption=ice -> =ice):

fileencryption = FBE - file based encryption
everything else = FDE - full disk encryption
On android 7 - 9, many devices used FDE where you could make the encryption optional with the encryptable flag. This is no longer the case as Q is FBE only - either you got it or you don't
See here for more details: https://source.android.com/security/encryption/
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2020, 09:44 PM |#904  
Flag Amityville
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

I don't know of any newer init.d solutions. Why not just use magisk? It's compatible back to jellybean

Well, I've grown used to the way things work on the Shield Portable with SuperSu and like it. I'm probably going to be upgrading my phone though within the next few months and have decided to install Magisk on it once I do. I really like the variety of modules on Magisk and there's a chance once I start getting into that scene that I might also install it on my Shield Portable.

Thanks for the help and for your contributions to the scene! I'm a fan of your work.
15th March 2020, 01:33 AM |#905  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

So all your vendor partition information appears to be in the dtbs in your boot img. The recovery log also showed that the zip didnt' throw any errors and seemingly did what it was supposed to. You'll have to play around with it and magisk but I didn't see any errors on my end

@Zackptg5
As you said, your zip works well...but, in my case, it was necessary to format data (format, not wipe) (although I was already not encrypted), rebooting to TWRP and then doing all steps described in OP again (for the not encrypted and, in my case, for the A/B devices too), but I didn't wipe internal storage.
But, after reboot from TWRP, the phone rebooted itself again after android one logo but before the Nokia logo...after system completed the boot I understood that in the above double reboots it automatically formatted my internal storage too .
But...I'm on Android 10 now, without encryption and dm-verity

PS: I hope that it will not format data/internal storage on every update!!
The Following User Says Thank You to death_jax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift death_jax Ad-Free
18th March 2020, 10:12 AM |#906  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/nora/official/RETIN/XT1944-5_NORA_ROW_RETIN_8.0.0_OPPS27.91-176-11-9_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

No log because unable to save, it says saved but when i navigate to directory it was empty.

Stuck at full black screen "N/A" written in upper-top-left corner. Waited for 1 hour each for following two cases. In case 2 the N/A screen reboots or blinks i think twice before staying there.
Case 1- Flash full firmware. Boot TWRP https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294390 (NORA https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-plus-t3912189). Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip. Reboot to system from inside TWRP.
Case 2- Flash full firmware. Boot into System. Power off. Boot TWRP https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294390 (NORA https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-plus-t3912189). Format Data. Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip. Reboot to system from inside TWRP.
26th March 2020, 07:35 PM |#907  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. Sorry for asking a noob question, but I didn't know what to search for and 90 pages is very much to read, even in times of social distancing.

I want to have TWRP and Magisk on my unlocked Moto G6 (keeping stock for now). So I flashbooted into TWRP formatted data and rebooted from TWRP into discovery. The phone then says "no command" (this phrase is guessed, as it is written in German). Nothing more happens for a while, after which it reboots normally, encrypts and I am, where I have started. What do I have to do differently?

# removed question already answered #
27th March 2020, 04:31 AM |#908  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgw8ost9a

Hi. Sorry for asking a noob question, but I didn't know what to search for and 90 pages is very much to read, even in times of social distancing.

I want to have TWRP and Magisk on my unlocked Moto G6 (keeping stock for now). So I flashbooted into TWRP formatted data and rebooted from TWRP into discovery. The phone then says "no command" (this phrase is guessed, as it is written in German). Nothing more happens for a while, after which it reboots normally, encrypts and I am, where I have started. What do I have to do differently?

Another question: Disable_Dm-Verity_03.04.2020.zip is to flashed via fastboot to boot, correct? I am courious, because it's a .zip file and I thought the boot sector should be .img[COLOR="Silver"]

I apologise for not being able to provide a solution.

But I just want to assure you that your thoughts in last question is correct.

The .zip is to be flashed via custom recovery. Fastboot flashes .img.
The Following User Says Thank You to chooks06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chooks06 Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 10:21 AM |#909  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooks06

The .zip is to be flashed via custom recovery. Fastboot flashes .img.

Oh, yes. Now I remember. You do a e.g. "adb push" followed by "install" in TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to ocgw8ost9a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ocgw8ost9a Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 01:43 PM |#910  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgw8ost9a

Oh, yes. Now I remember. You do a e.g. "adb push" followed by "install" in TWRP.

Cheers!
30th March 2020, 04:48 PM |#911  

More
Quote:

I figured out, by holding power and then pressing volume up, I enter Android Recovery (motorola/ali_retail/ali). But I cannot get to TWRP again. So I re-flashed TWRP and was able to follow the instruction in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-root-t3914228. But now I am stuck at the bootloader (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=98)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dm-verity disabler, force encryption disabler

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)