FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

* ViPER|Audio || ViPER|Atmos || ViPER|DD+ 4.8/5.5 * Driver * Stock * Sony * Beats *

7,642 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,875

By guitardedhero, Senior Member on 9th January 2016, 07:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from guitardedhero: The best ViPER4Android installations available!
11th January 2016, 06:58 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellernel1

Okay thank u so much

Absolutely, anytime!
11th January 2016, 08:10 PM |#32  
Flag Buerarema
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Works zenfone 2??
11th January 2016, 08:39 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 705

More
Great work. Will subscribe to this thread as well..
The Following User Says Thank You to aalupatti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aalupatti Ad-Free
11th January 2016, 08:39 PM |#34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumin25

Works zenfone 2??

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the Zenfone. If you're able to wipe System and dirty flash your current rom then do that if you're unsuccessful flashing VIPER.
11th January 2016, 08:41 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti

Great work. Will subscribe to this thread as well..

Thank you very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
11th January 2016, 08:49 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Honestly, I think you simply have way too much going on in your /system partition. I recommend wiping System in TWRP, followed by dirty flashing your rom, and flashing only the ViPER 3.8 package of your choice. Let me know how this works for you.

Just tried what you suggested, results exactly same as before. Samsung music player doesn't react on your mod. Even when I check the equalizer in dolby, it doesn't move. It has to be the policy file.
11th January 2016, 09:24 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrillos

Just tried what you suggested, results exactly same as before. Samsung music player doesn't react on your mod. Even when I check the equalizer in dolby, it doesn't move. It has to be the policy file.

Have you tried disabling SoundAlive?
11th January 2016, 10:04 PM |#38  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Back again, first let me followup to my last post that was asking about Android Pay. I had read in other forums that your mods did not work with Android Pay thus why I had asked you about it. Apparently they were running an older version as the 3.8 DOES indeed seem to be working fine with android pay on a stock 6.01 base.

That said I have run into one "issue". I loaded your ViPERAtmos 3.8 Beats Huawei Edition Dark.zip It all works but driver status ALWAYS shows as processing even when I am not actively running any music. I have used plain v4a for years and in the past if I was NOT running any music program processing would be no and would turn to yes when I started for example streaming music. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver but that didn't change anything. Is this normal for your mod? I am worried if its always processing there will be a battery hit. I only really use v4a and mods and all for my music streaming and a local playing of songs. I don't care about system sounds and other misc sounds being processed.
11th January 2016, 10:08 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1jtg

Back again, first let me followup to my last post that was asking about Android Pay. I had read in other forums that your mods did not work with Android Pay thus why I had asked you about it. Apparently they were running an older version as the 3.8 DOES indeed seem to be working fine with android pay on a stock 6.01 base.

That said I have run into one "issue". I loaded your ViPERAtmos 3.8 Beats Huawei Edition Dark.zip It all works but driver status ALWAYS shows as processing even when I am not actively running any music. I have used plain v4a for years and in the past if I was NOT running any music program processing would be no and would turn to yes when I started for example streaming music. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver but that didn't change anything. Is this normal for your mod? I am worried if its always processing there will be a battery hit. I only really use v4a and mods and all for my music streaming and a local playing of songs. I don't care about system sounds and other misc sounds being processed.

That's normal and I'm not sure what causes that. I've used my own v4a stuff for the longest time now and it's been that way as long as I can remember. The battery hit should be negligible as processing power will only be used when there is actually audio to process.
11th January 2016, 10:13 PM |#40  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

That's normal and I'm not sure what causes that. I've used my own v4a stuff for the longest time now and it's been that way as long as I can remember. The battery hit should be negligible as processing power will only be used when there is actually audio to process.

Ok thanks, my experience was in the past it would do that with super high quality audio but if you loaded the ... whatever the middle level audio was it would only be processing as I described above.
11th January 2016, 10:29 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1jtg

Ok thanks, my experience was in the past it would do that with super high quality audio but if you loaded the ... whatever the middle level audio was it would only be processing as I described above.

Ah, very interesting! That would explain the memory of its persistence. If you desire High Quality (the middle one) extract the zip below and place the file in /system/lib/soundfx, set permissions to 0644, and reboot if you don't want to reboot twice using the app's method of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libv4a_fx_ics.so.zip - [Click for QR Code] (396.0 KB, 70 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beats, dolby, sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)