FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

* ViPER|Audio || ViPER|Atmos || ViPER|DD+ 4.8/5.5 * Driver * Stock * Sony * Beats *

7,642 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,875

By guitardedhero, Senior Member on 9th January 2016, 07:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from guitardedhero: The best ViPER4Android installations available!
11th January 2016, 10:29 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1jtg

Ok thanks, my experience was in the past it would do that with super high quality audio but if you loaded the ... whatever the middle level audio was it would only be processing as I described above.

Ah, very interesting! That would explain the memory of its persistence. If you desire High Quality (the middle one) extract the zip below and place the file in /system/lib/soundfx, set permissions to 0644, and reboot if you don't want to reboot twice using the app's method of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libv4a_fx_ics.so.zip - [Click for QR Code] (396.0 KB, 70 views)
11th January 2016, 11:04 PM |#42  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Ah, very interesting! That would explain the memory of its persistence. If you desire High Quality (the middle one) extract the zip below and place the file in /system/lib/soundfx, set permissions to 0644, and reboot if you don't want to reboot twice using the app's method of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Tried manually changing the drivers and also tried your driver and no matter what I do on your config it is always processing. This is a different result from what I get on the old v4a_aio_fixes file. Perhaps one of you other mods is somehow "keeping it awake"
11th January 2016, 11:07 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried manually changing the drivers and also tried your driver and no matter what I do on your config it is always processing. This is a different result from what I get on the old v4a_aio_fixes file. Perhaps one of you other mods is somehow "keeping it awake"

I would only be concerned if you notice a battery hit after a couple of days. This was tested extensively for a full month before bringing it to this forum section and battery drain was not reported a single time. I recommend just enjoying some tunes.
11th January 2016, 11:09 PM |#44  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

I would only be concerned if you notice a battery hit after a couple of days. This was tested extensively for a full month before bringing it to this forum section and battery drain was not reported a single time. I recommend just enjoying some tunes.

Ok just my ocd kicking in, I like to know WHY things change but your right of course if it works and sounds great and doesn't drain battery it really doesn't matter why it lists differently does it
The Following User Says Thank You to adm1jtg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adm1jtg Ad-Free
11th January 2016, 11:15 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok just my ocd kicking in, I like to know WHY things change but your right of course if it works and sounds great and doesn't drain battery it really doesn't matter why it lists differently does it

Precisely! Don't worry, I always want to know the "why's" as well!

It could be the result of being installed to /system/priv-app.
11th January 2016, 11:17 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 705

More
Quote:

It has been reported by some users that the processing was on all the time. But only very rarely. But none of them had issues with battery drainage...
Use better battery stats to check if there is actually an issue. Coming back to processing all the time, it is not normal.. May be you have to do a fresh install..
12th January 2016, 12:39 AM |#47  
Flag Flagstaff
Thanks Meter: 295

More
I have also noticed and wondered about the processing being on all the time. I used to use VP4A all the time until I got the turbo and it was not rooted. I've been without root/VP4A for well over a year now until just got the phone rooted. I'm slowly remembering things long forgotten about root 😀. Also I've noticed that changing some of the profiles in convolver seems to not make any changes in the sound from one to the other in "some" instances, but not in others?

Is that so, our am I just not "hearing" the changes (very possible 😁)?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
12th January 2016, 12:44 AM |#48  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy1

I have also noticed and wondered about the processing being on all the time. I used to use VP4A all the time until I got the turbo and it was not rooted. I've been without root/VP4A for well over a year now until just got the phone rooted. I'm slowly remembering things long forgotten about root . Also I've noticed that changing some of the profiles in convolver seems to not make any changes in the sound from one to the other in "some" instances, but not in others?

Is that so, our am I just not "hearing" the changes (very possible )?

From the OP:

Quote:

Some of your IRS files not active when loaded?
A discovery I made a long time ago that is still largely unknown:

For this to work ViPER4Android™ MUST be uninstalled from /data if applicable.

If ViPER4Android™ still shows in App Drawer after dirty flashing your rom (while you're checking for free /system space and BusyBox ) then uninstall from App Drawer or delete /data/app/com.vipercn.viper4android_v2-1.
After flashing ViPER|Atmos™ or ViPER|Audio™, setting everything up, and confirming everything is functioning, extract the ViPER zip.
Tap on the apk in the extracted location to "install an update to this built-in application."
Tap Open and dismiss the only instance of "ViPER4Android has stopped" that you will see.
ViPER is now installed in /system and /data allowing you to enjoy every IRS in your collection.

12th January 2016, 01:00 AM |#49  
Flag Flagstaff

More
Thx, sorry I missed that. Don't know how (read it, but just didn't connect, I guess) (old age ☺). I read and reread the first few posts/OP a few times always before I do anything. Like I said, just missed it. I will check it when I get home from work.
Thx

12th January 2016, 01:03 AM |#50  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy1

Thx, sorry I missed that. Don't know how (read it, but just didn't connect, I guess) (old age ). I read and reread the first few posts/OP a few times always before I do anything. Like I said, just missed it. I will check it when I get home from work.
Thx

No worries at all. I'm not an OP you might be used to and there will never be a pop quiz as I will never expect the OP to be memorized. I guess you could say patience comes from old age as well (34)!
12th January 2016, 01:06 AM |#51  
Flag Flagstaff

More
Well, you would be my youngest 😀

The Following User Says Thank You to gimpy1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimpy1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beats, dolby, sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)