FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [MOD] [7.0+] WakeBlock: Blocking the drain before it is too late (Core v0)

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 390

By GioBozza, Senior Member on 26th December 2016, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2016, 10:01 PM |#11  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioccd

Please try to flash another time and reinstall the app.

I tried flashing again and installing the app but it still says unbound. Do I need to edit anything like build or host files?

26th December 2016, 10:07 PM |#12  
Flag Anywhere there is the best LTE coverage
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

I tried flashing again and installing the app but it still says unbound. Do I need to edit anything like build or host files?

Are you on rooted stock 7.1.1? We tested on that, and well... it works. Just needs a reboot after app install and it will continue to work across reboots.
The Following User Says Thank You to CappyT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CappyT Ad-Free
26th December 2016, 10:24 PM |#13  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CappyT

Are you on rooted stock 7.1.1? We tested on that, and well... it works. Just needs a reboot after app install and it will continue to work across reboots.

I'm on resurrection remix 7.1.1 and flash kernel. I guess it isn't supported on this yet but it is only alpha so no worries if I can't get it to work.
26th December 2016, 10:27 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

*** HAVE A BACKUP READY FIRST ****

Try this:
- Download the odex file here (it's the same that you find in the archive, if you want to save data, extract the flashable archive)
- Move the file (with any file browser with root support) to /system/framework/oat/arm64 and replace if asked
- The phone (could) instantly reboot. If not, check if the permissions are rw-r--r-- (644)
- Reboot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CappyT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CappyT Ad-Free
26th December 2016, 10:32 PM |#15  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
It says unbound after I rebooted

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CappyT

Try this:
- Download the odex file here (it's the same that you find in the archive, if you want to save data, extract the flashable archive)
- Move the file (with any file browser with root support) to /system/framework/oat/arm64 and replace if asked
- The phone (could) instantly reboot. If not, check if the permissions are rw-r--r-- (644)
- Reboot

Okay about to try, I really appreciate the help BTW you're a very nice person. Whether this works or not thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

There are no folders in the system framework folder. Only files.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Should I add the folders?
26th December 2016, 11:02 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Okay about to try, I really appreciate the help BTW you're a very nice person. Whether this works or not thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Well. It means your rom is not odexed.
You can try by creating those folders and put that file there. Can't guarantee btw
26th December 2016, 11:39 PM |#17  
Flag Leghorn
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Maybe I found a solution for you, I'm trying on my phone right now, I'll let yow know if it works ASAP
--------
Edit: It didn't work, still searching
26th December 2016, 11:53 PM |#18  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoIanni

Maybe I found a solution for you, I'm trying on my phone right now, I'll let yow know if it works ASAP

Thanks Bro, I appreciate it. I dont know the difference between these rooms.
27th December 2016, 03:33 AM |#19  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks Bro, I appreciate it. I dont know the difference between these rooms.

Hopefully you find something. Is it because some roms are aosp and some are odex or something? I'm confused about what the difference is and why it makes this mod not work.
27th December 2016, 08:19 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 390

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hopefully you find something. Is it because some roms are aosp and some are odex or something? I'm confused about what the difference is and why it makes this mod not work.

Odexing is the way Android now uses to optimize code and generate .oat or .odex machine code files from .dex smali files.
Some ROMs are deodexed: this means all applications run on .dex files and sometimes even system modules (and that's your case).

Currently the mod is tied to the .odex file, but I'm going to support the deodexed version as well.
27th December 2016, 02:54 PM |#21  
Flag Colchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioBozza

Odexing is the way Android now uses to optimize code and generate .oat or .odex machine code files from .dex smali files.
Some ROMs are deodexed: this means all applications run on .dex files and sometimes even system modules (and that's your case).

Currently the mod is tied to the .odex file, but I'm going to support the deodexed version as well.

Oh, okay thanks for explaining. Any idea when you will release a supported version and is there any way round it for me at the moment?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, doze, sleep, wakelocks

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)