FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [MOD] [7.0+] WakeBlock: Blocking the drain before it is too late (Core v0)

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 390

By GioBozza, Senior Member on 26th December 2016, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2016, 02:54 PM |#21  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioBozza

Odexing is the way Android now uses to optimize code and generate .oat or .odex machine code files from .dex smali files.
Some ROMs are deodexed: this means all applications run on .dex files and sometimes even system modules (and that's your case).

Currently the mod is tied to the .odex file, but I'm going to support the deodexed version as well.

Oh, okay thanks for explaining. Any idea when you will release a supported version and is there any way round it for me at the moment?

27th December 2016, 03:38 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

Oh, okay thanks for explaining. Any idea when you will release a supported version and is there any way round it for me at the moment?

Support for deodexed ROMs is a top priority and I will update you when it's done.

I really don't think you can do something to make it work on a deodexed ROM right now and in this days I can't support you much as I have low to none internet connection.

Despite this, @CappyT owns a 6P. I'll check if he can find a way in the meantime.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioBozza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GioBozza Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 04:33 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Hey, If you need a beta-tester, Pm me. Btw I installed on my HTC 10 android N stock rom, doesn't work.
27th December 2016, 04:35 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaheng

Hey, If you need a beta-tester, Pm me. Btw I installed on my HTC 10 android N stock rom, doesn't work.

This currently supports Nexus 6 and 6P. I'm going to support more phones with a stable release.
27th December 2016, 04:44 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:

This currently supports Nexus 6 and 6P. I'm going to support more phones with a stable release.

sure i'm keeping my eyes on this one. I own both 6P and HTC 10. 6P has many good kernels that can block useless wakelocks for example like Franco kernel or DU rom that is native supported the wakelock blocker.
the problem is with other device that has less support need this your app the most. Currently my HTC 10 is suffering from IPA_WS, WLAN WAKE, WLAN_RX_wake and so on and there is no way to block them. That's really annoying me. Anyway thank for your time. Gluck.
27th December 2016, 04:50 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaheng

sure i'm keeping my eyes on this one. I own both 6P and HTC 10. 6P has many good kernels that can block useless wakelocks for example like Franco kernel or DU rom that is native supported the wakelock blocker.
the problem is with other device that has less support need this your app the most. Currently my HTC 10 is suffering from IPA_WS, WLAN WAKE, WLAN_RX_wake and so on and there is no way to block them. That's really annoying me. Anyway thank for your time. Gluck.

Thank you! I'm trying to find the best way to standardize the process, as every device is a bit different and has to be done separately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioBozza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GioBozza Ad-Free
27th December 2016, 05:12 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
i've just installed this on my 6p. rebooted after app installation and it said "service bound" and everything appeared fine. after an hour or so, it says "service unbound" (i've just go around the app, didn't block any wakelocks)

edit: rebooted and it says bound again
27th December 2016, 05:48 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasVFC

i've just installed this on my 6p. rebooted after app installation and it said "service bound" and everything appeared fine. after an hour or so, it says "service unbound" (i've just go around the app, didn't block any wakelocks)

edit: rebooted and it says bound again

This should only happen if the service has been somehow killed, as it binds on system startup. Do you have any task killer running or did you reinstall the app?
27th December 2016, 06:18 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

This should only happen if the service has been somehow killed, as it binds on system startup. Do you have any task killer running or did you reinstall the app?

no task killer, no reinstall, stock rooted 7.1.1 and elementalx kernel
27th December 2016, 06:27 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasVFC

no task killer, no reinstall, stock rooted 7.1.1 and elementalx kernel

Umm, I'm going to investigate it, thanks for the report! Tell me if it happens again.
27th December 2016, 09:03 PM |#31  

More
Quote:

Umm, I'm going to investigate it, thanks for the report! Tell me if it happens again.

ok i will. if you want to me send any logs to you, just tell me the file path
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, doze, sleep, wakelocks

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)