StringsXmlBuilder is a web tool that allows anyone to easily translate the resources of your app.
I'm new to the world of Android applications and after a few months after published my first app (SlimSocial for Facebook) I started to have the need to get help to translate my app but I realized that it is not easy and the hand of all, translate an app with a notepad, especially if it contains a lot of strings.
So I tought: why don't create a web tool to make the translation of strings.xml files more handy and faster?
I had never done anything in php, so this could be an occasion to use it and study it (sorry if the code is not optimized or contains stupid things ). It works well, now it is a BETA and I want to see if you can find it usefull.
- Already translate all strings, you just have to make sure it is correct.
- Possibility to translate starting from already translated file (useful to update translation)
- Don't translate the strings with translatable="false"
- Maintains the order.
- The apostrophes are written with the \ before.
- Writes only translated strings.
The code is fully published on my GITHUB. Improvement and advice are much appreciated
How can I use it?
1. Upload your strings.xml on github or in other cloud
2. Get the url of the xml file (on github you can get it using the ROW button) (you need => this)
3. Paste the url and the desidered language on StringsXmlBuilder form
4. Now you just have to check and fix the strings wrong
How can I use it more quickly?
Some developers put in thier app the possibility to translate leading directly to the xml file: it's unlikely that any novice user knows how to do it.
With StringsXmlBuilder you can prepare the translation so who translate can immediately translate spending less time.
You can easly build your app translation link:
- To allow people to choose the language:
Improve my code on GitHub
Don't forget the THANKS