I've resized the Android Marshmallow bootanimation from the Developer Preview 3 to multiple resolutions, so people with devices of different display resolutions can use it. All credits for the original file go to Dustin Wann a.k.a. @themustached.
In the attachments you can find correct versions for 320p, 480p, 540p, 600p, 720p, 800p, 1080p, 1440p and 1536p devices. I've only tested the 480p, 540p and 800p versions, as I don't have any other devices at hand right now, but users are reporting that the other versions work as well.
In the attachments is also included a "Bootanimation Preserver" zip, which adds a script to your ROM that preserves the currently installed bootanimation when updating your system. For this to work, you need to have a ROM that supports addon.d scripts (CyanogenMOD and most other popular ROMs do).
Flash the downloaded zip in recovery
--- OR ---
Extract the zip and copy the extracted system/media/bootanimation.zip file to /system/media/bootanimation.zip on your device and change its permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--).
Choosing the right version:
I'm getting quite a few questions about which version to choose. Generally, it depends on your resolution, choose the version accordingly to the pixel width of your screen. For example, if you have a screen of resolution 960x540 pixels, you would choose the 540p version.
- This bootanimation will NOT work on newer Samsung devices with stock ROMs or TouchWiz-based custom ROMs. Samsung uses a proprietary QMG format for its bootanimations, and doesn't support the bootanimation.zip which we're using. There's not much we can do about this, only recommend you use a custom, AOSP based ROM like CyanogenMod or others.
- If you have any CyanogenMod theme for bootanimation installed, then just installing this bootanimation will not change anything. You have to revert back to the built-in system bootanimation theme as well.
- This bootanimation will most probably NOT work on Micromax devices - no idea how to fix that yet.
- Some people are reporting problems with the display of the animation on Motorola devices - we weren't able to find the cause of the issue yet, we're sorry.
If the bootanimation is still not working for you and you're sure you did everything the instructions say, we're really sorry about that, please let us know and we'll try to help.
For us to be able to help you, it would be great if you included this information in your post:
- your device manufacturer and model
- which ROM do you use
- which version have you tried to install
- if you installed via recovery or manually
- what exactly is happening when you say "it's not working"
- if you have tried some other custom bootanimation and if it was working for you or not (and if it worked, perhaps include the link to it as well)
- pictures or videos are useful as well, if you experience some strange behaviour not easily explained by words
Note: @xdagee packaged the bootanimation as an app for the CyanogenMod Theme Engine; if that suits you better, you can find it in his thread.