FORUMS

[BOOTANIMATION][MM] Android Marshmallow bootanimation in multiple resolutions

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 527
 
By frantisek.nesveda, Senior Member on 18th August 2015, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2017, 12:13 AM |#451  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
works perfectly in Andromax E2 (Haier) with copy paste method ( 540p)
ps: safest method is copy paste the bootanimation.zip into the system/media folder rather than flash it into the ROM (many ends up with screwed up the machine)
1st January 2018, 08:07 PM |#452  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Send me a white version of this bootanimation
Send me a white version of this bootanimation
5th February 2018, 10:44 AM |#453  
Hitti2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Could you tell me if this works with nougat 7.0?

ty.
3rd April 2018, 02:53 AM |#454  
Fvolfrine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
For the Nexus 6 I've found that the 1080p resolution is most similar to stock AOSP. Thank you!
15th March 2019, 10:50 PM |#455  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi all

I have a boot animation that I picked up from a site a while ago - really awesome, however it is in portrait mode and I really need it in landscape mode for a car dash project I'm tinkering with.

Is there anyone that can help?

The files are below - 480 x 800 format. Could really do with some help. Works fine in its original format but for some reason, won't work when I've rotated the photos.

Please help - I'm desperate.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.29 MB, 14 views)
16th March 2019, 10:35 AM |#456  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 527
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M

Hi all

I have a boot animation that I picked up from a site a while ago - really awesome, however it is in portrait mode and I really need it in landscape mode for a car dash project I'm tinkering with.

Is there anyone that can help?

The files are below - 480 x 800 format. Could really do with some help. Works fine in its original format but for some reason, won't work when I've rotated the photos.

Please help - I'm desperate.

Hi,

I think there are two possible things that could have gone wrong:

1) You forgot to swap the dimensions in desc.txt
- I think if you forgot that, the animation would just have weird proportions, but would still work somehow, so this is less likely
2) The bootanimation.zip file must not use any compression
- the files have to be just stored plainly
- this is more likely, if you use compression, the animation won't work at all
- use zip -Z store ... if you're zipping using the UNIX terminal or some corresponding setting in the program you're using
Anyway, I tried rotating the animation myself, I've attached the result so you can try if it works:
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (11.71 MB, 6 views)
16th March 2019, 01:02 PM |#457  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frantisek.nesveda

Hi,

I think there are two possible things that could have gone wrong:

1) You forgot to swap the dimensions in desc.txt

- I think if you forgot that, the animation would just have weird proportions, but would still work somehow, so this is less likely
2) The bootanimation.zip file must not use any compression
- the files have to be just stored plainly
- this is more likely, if you use compression, the animation won't work at all
- use zip -Z store ... if you're zipping using the UNIX terminal or some corresponding setting in the program you're using
Anyway, I tried rotating the animation myself, I've attached the result so you can try if it works:

Thanks Frantisek - it works, but it still shows in portrait mode, not landscape. Really need it tp play in landscape mode as the nexus 7 tablet is going to be installed as a car dashboard.
16th March 2019, 04:22 PM |#458  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 527
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M

Thanks Frantisek - it works, but it still shows in portrait mode, not landscape. Really need it tp play in landscape mode as the nexus 7 tablet is going to be installed as a car dashboard.

Okay, my bad, I thought the bootanimation you uploaded was not rotated yet, so I rotated it and that made it into portrait again. I've uploaded a new file into my previous post.
16th March 2019, 10:23 PM |#459  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frantisek.nesveda

Okay, my bad, I thought the bootanimation you uploaded was not rotated yet, so I rotated it and that made it into portrait again. I've uploaded a new file into my previous post.

Wow! Perfect - plays beautifully!

I really don't know how to thank you enough.

You Sir, are a genius & a gentleman. And you have made a Brit VERY happy!

Well done and again - thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantisek.nesveda

Hi,

I think there are two possible things that could have gone wrong:

1) You forgot to swap the dimensions in desc.txt

- I think if you forgot that, the animation would just have weird proportions, but would still work somehow, so this is less likely
2) The bootanimation.zip file must not use any compression
- the files have to be just stored plainly
- this is more likely, if you use compression, the animation won't work at all
- use zip -Z store ... if you're zipping using the UNIX terminal or some corresponding setting in the program you're using
Anyway, I tried rotating the animation myself, I've attached the result so you can try if it works:

Wow! Perfect - plays beautifully!

I really don't know how to thank you enough.

You Sir, are a genius & a gentleman. And you have made a Brit VERY happy!

Well done and again - thank you!
17th May 2020, 06:30 PM |#460  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frantisek.nesveda

Okay, my bad, I thought the bootanimation you uploaded was not rotated yet, so I rotated it and that made it into portrait again. I've uploaded a new file into my previous post.

Hi, I'm on LineageOS 17.1 on the Galaxy Note 5. I'm unable to change the boot animation.
Copy/paste doesn't work. Flashing doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootanimation, marshmallow, multiple resolutions, preserver

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes