[BOOTANIMATION][MM] Android Marshmallow bootanimation in multiple resolutions

Search This thread

zavieir

Oct 7, 2014
Excellent ! Its working, moto x 2013 5.1. I had to give it rwx rwx rwx permissions, otherwhise the system didnt take it as the boot animation. Thanks for your work !

midu2202

Sep 7, 2015
Can u made qmg file

I go to system/media and there only bootsamsung.qmg , bootsamsungloot.qmg and shutdown.qmg ?? what should i do now . i searth google and there only one way to change bootanimation in my phone is replace qmg file . it will be nice if you made qmg file ^^ my phone have 480*800 screen

Last edited:

Matheus Tenorio

Sep 18, 2015
You guys could make a Verson for Moto E 1?i would love the bootanimation!!Thanks you!! Screen size for moto E : 960x540

Last edited:

ranaxda200

Jun 3, 2013
Kolkata
Works flawlessly in my moto g3 running cm 12.1 osprey rom.
marshmallow-bootanimation-flashable-720p.zip works. Thanks developer. :)

troemer

May 27, 2012
1080P works fine on Note 3 with Ayrarom 7.2. But takes a little long for my personal use.

iampatricktan

Sep 13, 2015
tried to install it on my old hercules i choose 480, size is perfect the only problem is that theres a white particle above the word android. i don't why but could anyone fix this. thanks!

Anubarak16

Oct 24, 2014
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Nexus 5 darkkat Version 5.1.1
Installation failed.. Is there any way to help me?
My twrp is just few months old but i can't flash the zip files (tested all) and I can't overwrite the bootanimation.zip (i have root permissions and root file Browser - Es file explorer)

Edit: stupid me... Sry i forgot to remove the signature Check... Works fine for me now, thank you very much

Last edited:

MrBratka

Feb 20, 2015
Vilnius
Looks very nice on my Z1 but is there anyway to lift the animation to higher position(so it would be above the middle of the screen)

EDIT: Added screens what I want in attachment
from Screen1 to Screen2

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 187
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I've resized the Android Marshmallow bootanimation from the Developer Preview 3 to multiple resolutions, so people with devices of different display resolutions can use it. All credits for the original file go to Dustin Wann a.k.a. @themustached.

Preview:
    SfqlMsn.gif

In the attachments you can find correct versions for 320p, 480p, 540p, 600p, 720p, 800p, 1080p, 1440p and 1536p devices. I've only tested the 480p, 540p and 800p versions, as I don't have any other devices at hand right now, but users are reporting that the other versions work as well.

In the attachments is also included a "Bootanimation Preserver" zip, which adds a script to your ROM that preserves the currently installed bootanimation when updating your system. For this to work, you need to have a ROM that supports addon.d scripts (CyanogenMOD and most other popular ROMs do).

Installation:
    Flash the downloaded zip in recovery
    --- OR ---
    Extract the zip and copy the extracted system/media/bootanimation.zip file to /system/media/bootanimation.zip on your device and change its permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--).

Choosing the right version:
    I'm getting quite a few questions about which version to choose. Generally, it depends on your resolution, choose the version accordingly to the pixel width of your screen. For example, if you have a screen of resolution 960x540 pixels, you would choose the 540p version.

Known problems:
    • This bootanimation will NOT work on newer Samsung devices with stock ROMs or TouchWiz-based custom ROMs. Samsung uses a proprietary QMG format for its bootanimations, and doesn't support the bootanimation.zip which we're using. There's not much we can do about this, only recommend you use a custom, AOSP based ROM like CyanogenMod or others.
    • If you have any CyanogenMod theme for bootanimation installed, then just installing this bootanimation will not change anything. You have to revert back to the built-in system bootanimation theme as well.
    • This bootanimation will most probably NOT work on Micromax devices - no idea how to fix that yet.
    • Some people are reporting problems with the display of the animation on Motorola devices - we weren't able to find the cause of the issue yet, we're sorry.

Troubleshooting:
    If the bootanimation is still not working for you and you're sure you did everything the instructions say, we're really sorry about that, please let us know and we'll try to help.
    For us to be able to help you, it would be great if you included this information in your post:
    • your device manufacturer and model
    • which ROM do you use
    • which version have you tried to install
    • if you installed via recovery or manually
    • what exactly is happening when you say "it's not working"
    • if you have tried some other custom bootanimation and if it was working for you or not (and if it worked, perhaps include the link to it as well)
    • pictures or videos are useful as well, if you experience some strange behaviour not easily explained by words
    Thanks!

Enjoy!

Note: @xdagee packaged the bootanimation as an app for the CyanogenMod Theme Engine; if that suits you better, you can find it in his thread.
    Moto G GPE 720p works perfectly ?
    Xperia Z2 1080p works flawlessly
    Thanks for giving me credit! I'm Dustin. I appreciate it.
    I use 540 for my n4, 320/480 are too small imo