[GUIDE] [TEMPLATE] How to create themes for Icon Pack Generator [03/03][9 THEMES]

Search This thread

SpadaBoss

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 26, 2012
Rimini
twitter.com
Thread updated with theme template
Now you can also download and edit the template instead of creating the theme from scratch.
Hope that it helps the less expert themers/developers out there!
PS: there are both the android studio template and the apktool template!

gkyx

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for the guide really. It is so hard to find a guide without an old eclipse setup, i don't know if you are still developing or thinking about updating this application but as far as i know there must be a way to select or import multiple background files which are chosen by the launcher randomly, do you think you can add a feature that allows users to select more than one background for a theme. I'm planning to add some themes for your application but i would really like to have multiple backgrounds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW TO MAKE ICON PACK GENERATOR THEMES

-first post: guide
    -second post: list of themes
    -third post: questions and answers

DOWNLOAD

Icon Pack Generator is an Android App that allows you to create your custom icon pack. Users can create icon packs with a manual configurator when they can configure some parameters, or import an image from gallery. The app will then create and install the icon pack, that can be applied with a custom launcher (Like Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, ADW..)
    But the best part of the app is the themes feature. Developers can create custom themes containing:
    -a list of icon upon
    -a list of icon back
    -a list of icon masks
    Users can choose one icon upon, one icon mask and one icon back to create an awesome icon pack!
    It is better to just try the app to understand what you can achieve, or watch this video from Lone IPG theme if you want:

VIDEO

How to create an Icon Pack Generator Theme
    It is very easy to create one. After that, you can publish it on Google Play (paid or free as you wish).
    Follow this guide and/or download the source code from Github HERE

• Create a new project with Android Studio (select "Add No Activity" and then API 21 as minimum API level). You can skip this if you want to add the Icon Pack Generator theme to an existing theme/app
    • Put this code into the application tag of the AndroidManifest.xml file:

Code:
      <meta-data
      android:name="IconPackGenerator_Theme"
      android:value="true" />
      <meta-data
      android:name="IconPackGenerator_Theme_Name"
      android:value="PUT YOUR THEME'S NAME HERE" />
      <meta-data
      android:name="IconPackGenerator_Theme_Author"
      android:value="PUT YOUR DEVELOPER NAME HERE" />

Change "PUT YOUR THEME'S NAME HERE" with your theme name and "PUT YOUR DEVELOPER NAME HERE" with your developer name
    • If not present, create "assets" folder (click on app -> new -> directory). Under "assets" folder, create "ipg" folder. Under "ipg" folder, create "iconback", "iconmask","iconupon" folders
    • Add as many images as you want in the three folders created. Name them as you want (they will be listed alphabetically into the app). The only constraint is that images must be in .png format and 192x192 pixels
    • That's it! Just install the icon pack on your phone and when you're done, publish it to Google Play or where you want!

I've published my theme on Google Play!
    Congratulations! Just two quick suggestions to boost your theme's downloads
    For any issue, reply to this thread

Let me know if you have any doubt/question! And good luck in making awesome themes!
    LIST OF AVAILABLE THEMES
    Here you can see the list of the available themes. Hope that there will me many themes in the future!
    To have your theme added you can leave a comment on this thread or send me a PM!
    [PS: the link will be written only for the free themes to respect XDA policies. You need to search the paid themes by yourself]

NAME - AUTHOR - TYPE - LINK
    -Antares - Recenz Tastic - Substratum theme - Google Play (paid)
    -Example Theme - Gianluca Spadazzi - Standalone theme - Google Play (free)
    -Griffith - Recenz Tastic - Standalone theme - Google Play (free)
    -LONE IpG - Kikk0s - Standalone theme - Google Play (free)
    -LONE ELITE - Kikk0s - CM13 theme - Google Play (paid)
    -LoNe 4SuBs - Kikk0s - Substratum theme - Google Play (paid)
    -Oxygen - GPApps - Substratum theme - Google Play (paid)
    -SpadIcons - Gianluca Spadazzi - Standalone theme - Google Play (free)
    -Stratus - LeoFracca - Standalone theme - Google Play (free)
    QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
    In this post I'll write the answer to the common questions you may have.

What is iconback, iconmask and iconupon?
    -iconback: image displayed behind the icon
    -iconmask: image that "masks" the icon. You can use transparent colors or black color to create the mask. Where the mask is black, the icon will not be visible. Where the mask is transparent, the icon is visible. Where the mask is 30% transparent, the icon will be 30% visible and so on.
    -iconupon: image displayed upon the icon
    (I strongly reccomend to test the app/see the video. You'll understand everything within 10 seconds! )
    great app :)

subscrided !