Post Reply Email Thread
5th December 2019, 09:53 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 564

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvem

здравствуйте, прошу прощения если ошибся веткой, у меня открытие сайта происходит с ошибкой наверное проблема в браузере не пойму в чем проблема, у меня у одного так или у всех?

Hi there, could you please translate that in English for me, I tried to put the text in Google translate but the translation makes no sense.
Have a good day 👌
5th January 2020, 03:59 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Raiz,
The general question: Do you know of a reference/guide which explains the layout of the xml files which define ui objects, in particular, which image files are used?

The specific question: Samsung, in their infinite (NOT) wisdom, has decided that the .png standard is good enough for the rest of the android world, but not them. Enter .qmg, .pio, .spr, and, my favorite, an encrypted(?) version of .bmp.
So, the 'browse & replace' method in your OP re: changing icons/images within an app's res folder doesn't work.
Now, I am familiar w/ qmg2png and the like, but there are problems with this. Without listing them all, one of the big issues is that some images convert to blank white pictures, some images won't convert at all(.bmp), etc.

Specific Case:
Samsung Note 4
Stock rooted 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Trying to change the stock dialer keypad buttons.
Through long trial & error, was able to find & modify the InCallUI_M_OS_UP_Legacy.apk keypad buttons, put pushing the mod'd apk to the phone & reinstalling it via Root Explorer did not change the phone's dialer keypad. After 2 full ( and I mean full) days of decompiling apk's, copying res folders back to the phone to (try) to extract png's(the qmg decoders only work on the phone), copying thousands of png's back to the pc to browse for anything recognizable, etc., no joy.
I have searched the web/forum for all permutations of theme, skin, dialer, touchwiz, galaxy, stock, marshmallow, dialpad, SecContacts_M_OSup_Note_Legacy_USA.apk, etc, etc, etc. Just not finding anything anywhere which points me toward a way to modify the stock dialer appearance (other than background color) on a 6.0.1 (or even 5.1.1) touchwiz ROM. I hate to beg for help, but I'm out of ideas.
Thanks so much.
7th January 2020, 12:48 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks alot for the guide
The Following User Says Thank You to richardx49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richardx49 Ad-Free
7th January 2020, 03:18 PM |#44  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tours

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardx49

Thanks alot for the guide

I got u fam 😉
7th January 2020, 03:20 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tours

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestCat

Raiz,
The general question: Do you know of a reference/guide
anything anywhere which points me toward a way to modify the stock dialer appearance (other than background color) on a 6.0.1 (or even 5.1.1) touchwiz ROM. I hate to beg for help, but I'm out of ideas.
Thanks so much.

Hi , I'm gonna take a deep look into this, so it may take time, I'll edit this post when the answer is written and will mention you to notify you when it's ready
7th January 2020, 03:59 PM |#46  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiZProduction

Hi , I'm gonna take a deep look into this, so it may take time, I'll edit this post when the answer is written and will mention you to notify you when it's ready

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it. I've been hammering away at it, but no luck yet. I suspect it may involve smali, etc, which I haven't got my head around yet. Was hoping there might be a way to add glass buttons(yeah, I'm dated) to the dialer keypad just using xml/png, but it's not looking promising...
11th January 2020, 11:10 AM |#47  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tours

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestCat

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it. I've been hammering away at it, but no luck yet. I suspect it may involve smali, etc, which I haven't got my head around yet. Was hoping there might be a way to add glass buttons(yeah, I'm dated) to the dialer keypad just using xml/png, but it's not looking promising...

So, First of all sorry for making you wait, I got busy lately, but I had the opportunity to look into your question

For your general question, here is a thread I made after this one, that adds a more deeply-thought approche to what I've done here, plus I linked some other thread from really good themers (like ticklefish) that teached me a lot of things , here you go:
[GUIDE][THEMING]How to find in the code what you want to theme by Me (lol)
and
[Newbies][Documenation]What's an apk and how does it work by Me (again)

In those you'll find links to xda thread, google documentation that I strongly recommend you to read, it helped me a lot. I know that those are "long reads" but to me it's worth it.

For you specific question, I'm sorry to tell you that it's a problem for me to, and so far I had no luck with that. I used to have a samsung back in the days, but each time I tried something I just gave up because of that. When you asked me that, I retried with no success. So on this one I won't be able to tell you, sorry for that, I know how much of a drag it can be to be stucked like that, hope you'll have some luck with that.

Have a great day
The Following User Says Thank You to RaiZProduction For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaiZProduction Ad-Free
11th January 2020, 01:21 PM |#48  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiZProduction

For you specific question, I'm sorry to tell you that it's a problem for me to, and so far I had no luck with that. I used to have a samsung back in the days, but each time I tried something I just gave up because of that. When you asked me that, I retried with no success. So on this one I won't be able to tell you, sorry for that, I know how much of a drag it can be to be stucked like that, hope you'll have some luck with that.
Have a great day

Thanx for looking into it, I really do appreciate it. Yeah, it's bad news, but I feel a little better that it's not just my lack of skillz. I do love the Note 4, but I'm starting to despise Samsung for their anti-consumer tactics. Then again, why would they be different from Apple, Google, MS, et al.

I do mostly like the feel/function/features of the MM touchwiz stuff, I just don't like some of their icons, color choices, etc. I haven't found a third party replacement I like as much, unfortunately.

I do hope somebody will find a solution for this. I think it would open a few doors for Samsung owners.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android theme, how to theme, how to theme android apps, theme, xda labs

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)