FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Locating hidden values, random dialogs and hardcodes (AOSP/TW/Sense/XH)

5,994 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,443

Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2016, 03:03 PM |#61  
Recognized Themer
Flag NOLA
Thanks Meter: 12,042

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

@nicholaschum The monitor tool didn't help me to understand how to invert the text of the Play Store settings.
Thanks in advance.

resource-id: android:id/title
class: android.widget.TextView
package: com.android.vending

Look in values /styles-v21 SettingsTheme

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

The monitor tool doesn't fine everything, it only is a resource to help you find things as a last resort.

Have you tried modifying SettingsTheme style?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk VIP.

Stumbled across this thread and once again your helping the community with a great tut. It's members like you that make XDA a great place to learn. Thank you NC

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cerj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cerj Ad-Free

8th March 2016, 02:12 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 1,461

Donate to Me
More
Just a quick question:
I am trying to find a resource using above method in FileManager apk
Resource id shown: android:id/action_bar_title
Package name shown : com.lge.filemanager
When i try to find the string "action_bar_title" it shows me 0 result.
Since android id/ is involved so i should be searching here or framework file.
9th March 2016, 10:06 PM |#63  
OP Substratum Development Leader
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 13,443

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal11in

Just a quick question:
I am trying to find a resource using above method in FileManager apk
Resource id shown: android:id/action_bar_title
Package name shown : com.lge.filemanager
When i try to find the string "action_bar_title" it shows me 0 result.
Since android id/ is involved so i should be searching here or framework file.

It works both ways...your app can call @ANDROID:id/action_bar_title, but usually it's framework. So you should usually check both just in case.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2016, 06:47 AM |#64  
Recognized Themer
Flag chicago
Thanks Meter: 9,292

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys not sure I am in the right spot but looking for a little help ..does anyone know where the gallery main background pulls from in 5.0 thanks in advance for any help or if someone can send me in the right direction thanks again
3rd January 2017, 10:51 PM |#65  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 944

Donate to Me
More
@nicholaschum
Seems this function was cut in newest version of AS
20th October 2017, 06:17 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello everyone.
Can somebody help my with this xml? - https://gist.github.com/xob0t/ed321a...319b7601ece0f8
Im getting this error when applying averlay
» [com.bandcamp.android]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/layout/feed_story_album_of_the_day.xml:7: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'aspectRatio' in package 'com.bandcamp.android.MyFirstTHeme'
» [com.bandcamp.android]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/layout/feed_story_album_of_the_day.xml:7: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'border' in package 'com.bandcamp.android.MyFirstTHeme'
» [com.bandcamp.android]: Installation of "com.bandcamp.android" has failed.
20th October 2017, 06:45 PM |#67  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 15,685

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xob0t

Hello everyone.
Can somebody help my with this xml? - https://gist.github.com/xob0t/ed321a...319b7601ece0f8
Im getting this error when applying averlay
» [com.bandcamp.android]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/layout/feed_story_album_of_the_day.xml:7: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'aspectRatio' in package 'com.bandcamp.android.MyFirstTHeme'
» [com.bandcamp.android]: /data/user/0/projekt.substratum/cache/SubstratumBuilder//res/layout/feed_story_album_of_the_day.xml:7: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'border' in package 'com.bandcamp.android.MyFirstTHeme'
» [com.bandcamp.android]: Installation of "com.bandcamp.android" has failed.

On line 3, try changing:

Code:
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
to:
Code:
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/com.bandcamp.android"
The Following User Says Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
20th October 2017, 08:06 PM |#68  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa

On line 3, try changing:

Thanks! It worked!
21st October 2017, 12:03 PM |#69  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 15,685

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xob0t

Thanks! It worked!

Great

Next time, it's probably better if you ask in the substratum questions about theming thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spannaa Ad-Free
26th October 2017, 11:14 AM |#70  

More
Making my way to theming (Almost there). Some Questions.
So, first thanks for the tutorial. This was a definite treasure trove of info. I am currently trying to make my way to theming my Huawei Mate 9. (C567 - USA Model) I love this phone so much but, the desire to be different with EMUI also leaked over to behind the scenes stuff. I am new to this. 3-4 days in...and a lot of things look...different. Like for example: Your decompiled apk contained obvious values for colors and what not in a neat little reference location mine does not @_@' they all nearly look hardcoded in and I currently don't know where they are if not. To be fair I haven't really made heads or tails of XML files yet...I mean just enough to really navigate them confidently. Still in search and destroy mode.

I know it's been nearly 3 years since the initial post but, I am wondering. For those that theme and for you yourself. What do you use to decompile your apks? It could just be nuances however, when looking at the SystemUI.apk I did find a values folder that was empty and there were a few others that were simply empty. So my thoughts are maybe what I am using to decompile might be, "off", or it really is just the nuances of the developers over at Huawei?

However....

Seeing that the SystemUI.apk has an Android N logo I had figured that not really much of it would be modified?
Do you understand my contention?
Has anyone themed Nougat? What should / shouldn't be there?
I am wondering if that apk is standardized specifically for a given version of android or can it be modified directly for a modified version of android or would those modifications take place elsewhere? Like for example inside EMUI and not the System UI.
Would all Nougat devices share this common apk? Just like all devices share the Nougat Android OS?
28th October 2017, 12:51 AM |#71  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 716

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolCanis

So, first thanks for the tutorial. This was a definite treasure trove of info. I am currently trying to make my way to theming my Huawei Mate 9. (C567 - USA Model) I love this phone so much but, the desire to be different with EMUI also leaked over to behind the scenes stuff. I am new to this. 3-4 days in...and a lot of things look...different. Like for example: Your decompiled apk contained obvious values for colors and what not in a neat little reference location mine does not @_@' they all nearly look hardcoded in and I currently don't know where they are if not. To be fair I haven't really made heads or tails of XML files yet...I mean just enough to really navigate them confidently. Still in search and destroy mode.

I know it's been nearly 3 years since the initial post but, I am wondering. For those that theme and for you yourself. What do you use to decompile your apks? It could just be nuances however, when looking at the SystemUI.apk I did find a values folder that was empty and there were a few others that were simply empty. So my thoughts are maybe what I am using to decompile might be, "off", or it really is just the nuances of the developers over at Huawei?

However....

Seeing that the SystemUI.apk has an Android N logo I had figured that not really much of it would be modified?
Do you understand my contention?
Has anyone themed Nougat? What should / shouldn't be there?
I am wondering if that apk is standardized specifically for a given version of android or can it be modified directly for a modified version of android or would those modifications take place elsewhere? Like for example inside EMUI and not the System UI.
Would all Nougat devices share this common apk? Just like all devices share the Nougat Android OS?

Tickle my android by @Ticklefish is fantastic does everythin you could need.

Sent from my SM-G930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to steha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steha Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)