[GUIDE] Locating hidden values, random dialogs and hardcodes (AOSP/TW/Sense/XH)

Search This thread

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Introduction

Remember a time when an unthemed popup popped up in an app, and you tried all that you could to change the colors of it, then found out it wasn't even in the app you spent hours on at the first place? Damn right I do!!! Wasted so much of my youth looking for things in the wrong place.

In this guide I will be going over a desktop application called "Android Device Monitor", and how to use it for theming. This program is not bound to theming, as it can help many ROM developers like locating a CP'd commit and forgot where to set a textColor was set in a dialog. For example: https://github.com/TeamBliss-LP/and...mmit/4f85ee62ab0db9d2a78b1bfeee32dfa17313e215.

The guide will also outline other methods to locate hardcoded colors on most apps, and this is not bounded by device. This will theoretically work on any device running Android, as long as you enable USB debugging on your device. So it should theoretically work on TouchWiz, AOSP, CM, Sense, LG Home, XperiaHome, etc...

Most importantly, if your friend comes over with a non-rooted phone, fret not, this DOES NOT require root. So! If you happen to stumble here from a link I requested you to follow, I'll assume you're either a themer, or you're a user of a theme. For users, this guide would be used to aid the themer when the themer does not have access to what you are seeing in an app due to differences in software/region bound software/firmware versions/custom ROMs. For themers, I hav known about this trick for a while but haven't gotten the time to write it - but this saves me precious time solving "unsolvable" issues, like during the days when we didn't have Setting's dashboard exposed (before the January 27th commit).

To understand how this works, we have to understand how Android system works. We can change many colors through colors.xml, but styles, layouts and java can also change colors. We have to remember this structure. Left is greater than the corresponding right.

Java > Layout > Styles > Colors

In this guide, I will be focusing on using ADM to locate colors/usages of resources within Layouts, thus allowing you to locate things within styles/colors.

ATTENTION

This guide is NOT 100% guaranteed.

As many third party apps like Google+ designs it's layout through the java, and the overall code of the application. Using Android Device Monitor, it is the first steps of beginning to theme.

This guide is meant to be a STARTING GROUND when you face any issue. I cannot guarantee any success, but this has helped me find out whether many things are hardcoded or not. So having this as a utility will greatly help a lot of people new to theming!

I also do NOT have access to a TW/Sense/LG Home/XH device, so if you have any issues (non-connection issues) with using ADM to trace your screen, please tell me. But theoretically, this should work on any device.

What is Android Device Monitor?

Android Device Monitor is a desktop application that traces the running programs of your device connected to your PC. You can use this to debug as it shows many useful information.

But for this guide, I will use it to show how to use it to take a screenshot XML dump of your phone's screen, and you can mouseover the elements of your screenshot on your screen to locate the layout of the app, or whatever is on your screen.

Wow! That sounds cool! How do I get it?

All you have to do is install the Android Studio package from Google, and you will get it preinstalled with it.

You can download Android Studio from this link: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?gclid=CLWt6IX99MgCFRCpaQodrhwHng

Make sure you install the prerequisite packages once installing and setting up Android Studio. This includes the complete SDK.

If you would like to install just the SDK, that is possible too: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools

Make sure you install Android SDK Tools in the SDK Manager. Android Studio method is recommended as it comes with everything pre-installed once setting everything up.

Let's get started, shall we?

(*) Make sure you have installed adb/fastboot on your computer prior to continuing: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118
A great text editing tool is Notepad++, available here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

ON YOUR PHONE/TABLET
I will be using a Lollipop based CM ROM in this tutorial. Keep your device unplugged at this point.
  1. First you have to enable Developer Options by going into About Device in Settings, then clicking the Build number 7 times. This enables Developer Options directly in the main menu of Settings.
  2. Once activated, go into Developer Options
  3. Scroll down until you see Android debugging, then activate that.
  4. Plug your phone into the computer
  5. At this point, a popup will appear on your device to verify the RSA fingerprint of your computer. Click Always Allow from this Computer.
  6. ATTENTION: If you did not get a popup, adb is NOT installed correctly/your phone is not detected in ADB mode, or your computer does not have it set up properly. Follow my link above to get it set up quicker than using Android Studio's method. (*)
  7. Once you agreed to the popup, then go to the screen where you want to see what the problem is. For example, you want to find out why there is a random white dialog when toggling GPS telling you to improve location accuracy.
  8. Keep the screen turned on/turn on Stay Awake in Developer Options so it will keep your phone awake while plugged in. After this step, you have successfully finished using your phone.

ON YOUR COMPUTER
  1. ATTENTION: If you already use Android Studio to build your theme, you can skip steps 2 and 3. Also to note, you can always use search and locate the "monitor.exe" file in your Android Studio directory, but that is too fussy, as it likes to error out a lot.
  2. Open Android Studio, and create a new project, you need to Start a new Android Studio Project, follow all the steps till you click Finish.
  3. You may or may not be greeted with a couple of popups, just dismiss them.
  4. Once you get to a window with an available toolbar, click on Tools -> Android -> Android Device Monitor.
    Ujyj1om.png
  5. ATTENTION: If you're running Android Studio 1.4.1 and above, click on the icon in the toolbar.
    4T97FwC.png
  6. On first launch you will get this popup, click Proceed
    ikKOavq.png
  7. Your phone will appear on the left, including all the processes and background services running on your phone.
    1tokdun.png
  8. Click on your device, and click on the Dump View Hierarchy for UI Automator icon, an icon that should be next to the camera, with three stacked phones.
    T8m2cRw.jpg
  9. At this point, the computer will dump whatever is on your screen, if your screen is off, it will dump a black screen, so you should have kept it awake.
  10. Once complete, you will want to hover over the unidentifiable object on your screen. So if the white dialog (as mentioned previously) when toggling location is a bother, we hover over the screen's focused dialog, and click on it. When selected, the area has a red rectangle.
    bvLT57q.png

You will then see a table on the bottom right identifying all its attributes. But most importantly, you will want to see that it is actually in package ID com.google.android.gms (Google Play Services), so you must invert that/theme that.
bvLT57q.png

You can see how the table above told me that the package ID was com.google.android.gms, and thus I was able to go find it in the decompiled APK of Google Play Services.
yVd2dD4.png
ztRbb3I.png

Also to note, resource-id is also a great way to start, as it tells you the app's layout object ID, which allows you to find it within the app's res/layout folder by using Notepad++ and the Find in Files section. If by any chance, you get no information at all, you should check the structure of the app on the top right, and locate within layouts folder as well. For example, if you see a FrameLayout and textView x2, you have identified the structure of the activity fragment of the app, and it MAY help you for layouts.

In my commit at the beginning of this thread, I was locating an unthemed black text in a dialog, and found out that the dialog's resource-id was "dpi_edit", so I searched in res/layout using N++'s Find in Files tool and found out that it was in this file: https://github.com/TeamBliss-LP/and...13e215/res/layout/alert_dialog_text_entry.xml. So I made the change to the textColor and pushed the commit to the source. Thus allowing users to have a visible DPI text color, even though we expected that the ?attr should work.

Demonstration on how to reverse locate a specific color

1. Let's find something specific using this trace method, so for example, I would like to find the background of the switch bar in Settings. Pretend I don't know how. So following my above steps, I'm able to reach this:
    PII0p0L.png
  2. We see that under resource-id in the Node Detail box, it says: com.android.settings:id/switch_bar -- so we should search for switch_bar under res/layouts of com.android.settings (your decompiled settings).....
    JB92df3.png
  3. We go into Notepad++, and use the Find in Files feature (Search -> Find in Files) and type in the resource-id after ":id/", which is "switch_bar"
    3fjfWnt.png
  4. Click Find All and wait for it to finish. Afterwards, you will get a list of results with a hit. In this case, we have one result.
    x6wRA03.png
  5. Double click on the result, and you will be greeted with a layout XML with the ID. In the XML you will see that you have a bunch of stuff there, so with some smarts and some logic on the same line, you can see if the background is set to a hardcoded hex (hardcoded meaning there's a hex code there, as you can't modify layouts in CMTE, or is it rerouted to another color)
    Xc8VwJZ.png
  6. We can see that the background was linked to a color variable, "switchbar_background", now change that in com.android.settings/res/values/colors.xml, then you tell me if I'm correct :) If you see something else in there, or are a ROM developer and trying to expose some values, replace the hardcoded hex to a rerouted color in the corresponding app's colors.xml, and you have successfully exposed it!

Troubleshooting

Q: There is an error every time I launch ADM again! What should I do?
A: The error is normal, just press OK and proceed. (This error in spoiler, if any others, message below)
GlAl6dt.png

Q: I keep getting a permission error with my device when I click the button and it doesn't draw my screenshot!
A: This happens when your device is extremely "dirty", a complete clean flash is required. In my case, I fastbooted stock and reflashed my custom ROM. You can try wiping data, as the permissions lie somewhere there.

Q: I still can't get my theme to theme the hardcoded thing, help!
A: As I said, this doesn't work for all cases, this is only a starting and ending ground to see if it is themable. If you can't find out what to do, then chances are you did everything you can!

Q: Any other tips?
A: If you really can't find it, but you have a specific color you want to get rid of, try using Photoshop's Eyedropper tool to pick out the color from the screenshot, then use Notepad++ to search for this color. You should find the hex from the color by clicking the color palette.

Q: What about using backgroundTint?
A: You can use this to target many white hardcoded (definite) backgrounds by adding a backgroundTint attribute, but this may affect other things, like the Paste tooltip will take on this backgroundTint thus you can't read the "Paste" text. But definitely, this is a great way to start targeting white backgrounds!

Q: I have more questions!
A: Post in the thread and tag me using @nicholaschum, I'm more likely to check if I get a notification.

XDA:DevDB Information
[GUIDE] Locating hidden values, random dialogs and hardcodes (AOSP/TW/Sense/XH), Theme for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
nicholaschum

Version Information

Created 2015-11-03
Last Updated 2015-11-06

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
I always get a black screen on my PC. How can I solve it? My phone screen is always on.

Thank you for the guide.

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
Solved. Actually, I have to have the screen on in the moment I start to take the "screenshot" of my phone. It's ok now.

I'm still looking for that white contact detail background ... :)

PS. Do you know what it means class = android.widget.RelativeLayout ? It doesn't give too much details so I don't know where should I search for it?
Thank you.

Last edited:

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Solved. Actually, I have to have the screen on in the moment I start to take the "screenshot" of my phone. It's ok now.

I'm still looking for that white contact detail background ... :)

PS. Do you know what it means class = android.widget.RelativeLayout ? It doesn't give too much details so I don't know where should I search for it?
Thank you.

That means that the layout is using a RelativeLayout. It's a type of layout configuration. You should use N++ to see if you can find that RelativeLayout, as not all xmls have that layout.

Sent from my Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE using Tapatalk

Reactions: starbucks2010

Rick1684

Sep 25, 2012
New Carlisle
Thank you so much. This is a perfect tool for somebody like me trying to catch up to all the great themers on here. :) At least I can help myself and ask better questions.

Reactions: nicholaschum

rickberg

Jul 25, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Do you have any tips on how to make a transparent background transparent instead of grey? I have changed backgrounds edited pngs edited styles and manifests and still get a grey box on the light option

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Do you have any tips on how to make a transparent background transparent instead of grey? I have changed backgrounds edited pngs edited styles and manifests and still get a grey box on the light option

If a transparent background is already transparent, why are you changing it to grey? What changes are you making?

rickberg

Jul 25, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I worded that wrong im trying to make the apk transparent but it will not go transparent it goes to a grey i added Theme.Translucent to styles and manifest also changed background hexes on light to 00000000

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
Anyone knows from where is taken the color of the text in the search box? Is taken from the app itself of from somewhere else (SystemUI, framework, etc)? It drives me crazy this search text from SecGallery. Is always black on black.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-15-02-15-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-02-15-36.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Remember a time when an unthemed popup popped up in an app, and you tried all that you could to change the colors of it, then found out it wasn't even in the app you spent hours on at the first place? Damn right I do!!! Wasted so much of my youth looking for things in the wrong place.

In this guide I will be going over a desktop application called "Android Device Monitor", and how to use it for theming. This program is not bound to theming, as it can help many ROM developers like locating a CP'd commit and forgot where to set a textColor was set in a dialog. For example: https://github.com/TeamBliss-LP/and...mmit/4f85ee62ab0db9d2a78b1bfeee32dfa17313e215.

The guide will also outline other methods to locate hardcoded colors on most apps, and this is not bounded by device. This will theoretically work on any device running Android, as long as you enable USB debugging on your device. So it should theoretically work on TouchWiz, AOSP, CM, Sense, LG Home, XperiaHome, etc...

Most importantly, if your friend comes over with a non-rooted phone, fret not, this DOES NOT require root. So! If you happen to stumble here from a link I requested you to follow, I'll assume you're either a themer, or you're a user of a theme. For users, this guide would be used to aid the themer when the themer does not have access to what you are seeing in an app due to differences in software/region bound software/firmware versions/custom ROMs. For themers, I hav known about this trick for a while but haven't gotten the time to write it - but this saves me precious time solving "unsolvable" issues, like during the days when we didn't have Setting's dashboard exposed (before the January 27th commit).

To understand how this works, we have to understand how Android system works. We can change many colors through colors.xml, but styles, layouts and java can also change colors. We have to remember this structure. Left is greater than the corresponding right.

Java > Layout > Styles > Colors

In this guide, I will be focusing on using ADM to locate colors/usages of resources within Layouts, thus allowing you to locate things within styles/colors.

ATTENTION

This guide is NOT 100% guaranteed.

As many third party apps like Google+ designs it's layout through the java, and the overall code of the application. Using Android Device Monitor, it is the first steps of beginning to theme.

This guide is meant to be a STARTING GROUND when you face any issue. I cannot guarantee any success, but this has helped me find out whether many things are hardcoded or not. So having this as a utility will greatly help a lot of people new to theming!

I also do NOT have access to a TW/Sense/LG Home/XH device, so if you have any issues (non-connection issues) with using ADM to trace your screen, please tell me. But theoretically, this should work on any device.

What is Android Device Monitor?

Android Device Monitor is a desktop application that traces the running programs of your device connected to your PC. You can use this to debug as it shows many useful information.

But for this guide, I will use it to show how to use it to take a screenshot XML dump of your phone's screen, and you can mouseover the elements of your screenshot on your screen to locate the layout of the app, or whatever is on your screen.

Wow! That sounds cool! How do I get it?

All you have to do is install the Android Studio package from Google, and you will get it preinstalled with it.

You can download Android Studio from this link: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?gclid=CLWt6IX99MgCFRCpaQodrhwHng

Make sure you install the prerequisite packages once installing and setting up Android Studio. This includes the complete SDK.

If you would like to install just the SDK, that is possible too: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools

Make sure you install Android SDK Tools in the SDK Manager. Android Studio method is recommended as it comes with everything pre-installed once setting everything up.

Let's get started, shall we?

(*) Make sure you have installed adb/fastboot on your computer prior to continuing: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118
    A great text editing tool is Notepad++, available here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

ON YOUR PHONE/TABLET
    I will be using a Lollipop based CM ROM in this tutorial. Keep your device unplugged at this point.
    1. First you have to enable Developer Options by going into About Device in Settings, then clicking the Build number 7 times. This enables Developer Options directly in the main menu of Settings.
    2. Once activated, go into Developer Options
    3. Scroll down until you see Android debugging, then activate that.
    4. Plug your phone into the computer
    5. At this point, a popup will appear on your device to verify the RSA fingerprint of your computer. Click Always Allow from this Computer.
    6. ATTENTION: If you did not get a popup, adb is NOT installed correctly/your phone is not detected in ADB mode, or your computer does not have it set up properly. Follow my link above to get it set up quicker than using Android Studio's method. (*)
    7. Once you agreed to the popup, then go to the screen where you want to see what the problem is. For example, you want to find out why there is a random white dialog when toggling GPS telling you to improve location accuracy.
    8. Keep the screen turned on/turn on Stay Awake in Developer Options so it will keep your phone awake while plugged in. After this step, you have successfully finished using your phone.

ON YOUR COMPUTER
    1. ATTENTION: If you already use Android Studio to build your theme, you can skip steps 2 and 3. Also to note, you can always use search and locate the "monitor.exe" file in your Android Studio directory, but that is too fussy, as it likes to error out a lot.
    2. Open Android Studio, and create a new project, you need to Start a new Android Studio Project, follow all the steps till you click Finish.
    3. You may or may not be greeted with a couple of popups, just dismiss them.
    4. Once you get to a window with an available toolbar, click on Tools -> Android -> Android Device Monitor.
      Ujyj1om.png
    5. ATTENTION: If you're running Android Studio 1.4.1 and above, click on the icon in the toolbar.
      4T97FwC.png
    6. On first launch you will get this popup, click Proceed
      ikKOavq.png
    7. Your phone will appear on the left, including all the processes and background services running on your phone.
      1tokdun.png
    8. Click on your device, and click on the Dump View Hierarchy for UI Automator icon, an icon that should be next to the camera, with three stacked phones.
      T8m2cRw.jpg
    9. At this point, the computer will dump whatever is on your screen, if your screen is off, it will dump a black screen, so you should have kept it awake.
    10. Once complete, you will want to hover over the unidentifiable object on your screen. So if the white dialog (as mentioned previously) when toggling location is a bother, we hover over the screen's focused dialog, and click on it. When selected, the area has a red rectangle.
      bvLT57q.png

You will then see a table on the bottom right identifying all its attributes. But most importantly, you will want to see that it is actually in package ID com.google.android.gms (Google Play Services), so you must invert that/theme that.
    bvLT57q.png

You can see how the table above told me that the package ID was com.google.android.gms, and thus I was able to go find it in the decompiled APK of Google Play Services.
    yVd2dD4.png
    ztRbb3I.png

Also to note, resource-id is also a great way to start, as it tells you the app's layout object ID, which allows you to find it within the app's res/layout folder by using Notepad++ and the Find in Files section. If by any chance, you get no information at all, you should check the structure of the app on the top right, and locate within layouts folder as well. For example, if you see a FrameLayout and textView x2, you have identified the structure of the activity fragment of the app, and it MAY help you for layouts.

In my commit at the beginning of this thread, I was locating an unthemed black text in a dialog, and found out that the dialog's resource-id was "dpi_edit", so I searched in res/layout using N++'s Find in Files tool and found out that it was in this file: https://github.com/TeamBliss-LP/and...13e215/res/layout/alert_dialog_text_entry.xml. So I made the change to the textColor and pushed the commit to the source. Thus allowing users to have a visible DPI text color, even though we expected that the ?attr should work.

Demonstration on how to reverse locate a specific color

1. Let's find something specific using this trace method, so for example, I would like to find the background of the switch bar in Settings. Pretend I don't know how. So following my above steps, I'm able to reach this:
      PII0p0L.png
    2. We see that under resource-id in the Node Detail box, it says: com.android.settings:id/switch_bar -- so we should search for switch_bar under res/layouts of com.android.settings (your decompiled settings).....
      JB92df3.png
    3. We go into Notepad++, and use the Find in Files feature (Search -> Find in Files) and type in the resource-id after ":id/", which is "switch_bar"
      3fjfWnt.png
    4. Click Find All and wait for it to finish. Afterwards, you will get a list of results with a hit. In this case, we have one result.
      x6wRA03.png
    5. Double click on the result, and you will be greeted with a layout XML with the ID. In the XML you will see that you have a bunch of stuff there, so with some smarts and some logic on the same line, you can see if the background is set to a hardcoded hex (hardcoded meaning there's a hex code there, as you can't modify layouts in CMTE, or is it rerouted to another color)
      Xc8VwJZ.png
    6. We can see that the background was linked to a color variable, "switchbar_background", now change that in com.android.settings/res/values/colors.xml, then you tell me if I'm correct :) If you see something else in there, or are a ROM developer and trying to expose some values, replace the hardcoded hex to a rerouted color in the corresponding app's colors.xml, and you have successfully exposed it!

Troubleshooting

Q: There is an error every time I launch ADM again! What should I do?
    A: The error is normal, just press OK and proceed. (This error in spoiler, if any others, message below)
    GlAl6dt.png

Q: I keep getting a permission error with my device when I click the button and it doesn't draw my screenshot!
    A: This happens when your device is extremely "dirty", a complete clean flash is required. In my case, I fastbooted stock and reflashed my custom ROM. You can try wiping data, as the permissions lie somewhere there.

Q: I still can't get my theme to theme the hardcoded thing, help!
    A: As I said, this doesn't work for all cases, this is only a starting and ending ground to see if it is themable. If you can't find out what to do, then chances are you did everything you can!

Q: Any other tips?
    A: If you really can't find it, but you have a specific color you want to get rid of, try using Photoshop's Eyedropper tool to pick out the color from the screenshot, then use Notepad++ to search for this color. You should find the hex from the color by clicking the color palette.

Q: What about using backgroundTint?
    A: You can use this to target many white hardcoded (definite) backgrounds by adding a backgroundTint attribute, but this may affect other things, like the Paste tooltip will take on this backgroundTint thus you can't read the "Paste" text. But definitely, this is a great way to start targeting white backgrounds!

Q: I have more questions!
    A: Post in the thread and tag me using @nicholaschum, I'm more likely to check if I get a notification.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GUIDE] Locating hidden values, random dialogs and hardcodes (AOSP/TW/Sense/XH), Theme for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    nicholaschum

Version Information

Created 2015-11-03
    Last Updated 2015-11-06
    So, first thanks for the tutorial. This was a definite treasure trove of info. I am currently trying to make my way to theming my Huawei Mate 9. (C567 - USA Model) I love this phone so much but, the desire to be different with EMUI also leaked over to behind the scenes stuff. I am new to this. 3-4 days in...and a lot of things look...different. Like for example: Your decompiled apk contained obvious values for colors and what not in a neat little reference location mine does not @_@' they all nearly look hardcoded in and I currently don't know where they are if not. To be fair I haven't really made heads or tails of XML files yet...I mean just enough to really navigate them confidently. Still in search and destroy mode. :cyclops:

I know it's been nearly 3 years since the initial post but, I am wondering. For those that theme and for you yourself. What do you use to decompile your apks? It could just be nuances however, when looking at the SystemUI.apk I did find a values folder that was empty and there were a few others that were simply empty. So my thoughts are maybe what I am using to decompile might be, "off", or it really is just the nuances of the developers over at Huawei?

However....

Seeing that the SystemUI.apk has an Android N logo I had figured that not really much of it would be modified?
    Do you understand my contention?
    Has anyone themed Nougat? What should / shouldn't be there?
    I am wondering if that apk is standardized specifically for a given version of android or can it be modified directly for a modified version of android or would those modifications take place elsewhere? Like for example inside EMUI and not the System UI.
    Would all Nougat devices share this common apk? Just like all devices share the Nougat Android OS? :confused:

Tickle my android by @Ticklefish is fantastic does everythin you could need.

Sent from my SM-G930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Since TMA uses apktool, it probably won't help here.

Yeeeessss....as much as I appreciate the mention, I'm afraid that Spannaa's right - Apktool and Huawei don't get on.
    Huawei do some nice stuff but their files are constructed in a non-standard way and I can't guarantee that they can be decompiled or recompiled properly.

To answer the rest of your post, because I hate to just give people bad news, there's an introductory guide to XML modding here: https://xdaforums.com/general/xda-university/xml-101-xml-modding-easy-t2929816. It's written by a very good friend of mine and will hopefully be useful to you.
    Different phones, and even different roms for the same phone, use different APK files. Sadly you can't take a SystemUI.apk from one rom (for example) and put it in another. You have to edit your own files...which could be tricky in your case.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Android modding, by the way. It's confusing as hell at first, but it does make sense. Honest!
    Ok then I completely misunderstood what you mean, sorry for that. Could you please explain how I should do as I should ? Download zip is 926 MB :confused:

https://github.com/nicholaschum/dm_powermenu_bliss_fwb/commits/lp5.1

You can see the commits by me on April 29th. That's the only stuff you want to implement, don't touch TRDS.
    Hello all,
    I know this is a double post from here but maybe someone here knows the secret.
    I want to inverse that white crap popup which appears after the bootanimation i.e. when you clear dalvik/cache, see screenshot.
    Does anyone know which file I have to mod to inverse/turn that background into black and text into white ?

Use this to your reference. It's a bit messy but the output worked. https://github.com/nicholaschum/dm_powermenu_bliss_fwb/commits/lp5.1
    @nicholaschum The monitor tool didn't help me to understand how to invert the text of the Play Store settings.
    Thanks in advance.

resource-id: android:id/title
    class: android.widget.TextView
    package: com.android.vending
    The monitor tool doesn't fine everything, it only is a resource to help you find things as a last resort.

Have you tried modifying SettingsTheme style?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk VIP.