FORUMS

[MOD][8.0+][Updated] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!

2,045 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,872

By linuxct, Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor on 6th May 2020, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

After being featured on the XDA-Developers.com portal, today I bring you an update to my well known collection of Super Wallpapers, ported straight from MIUI 12.

Features included with these wallpapers:
  • Ported straight from MIUI 12. All features available in the original MIUI 12 APKs, with the exception of AOD, are available as well in these.
  • Adapted to work on AOSP-based ROMs. Thanks to some custom code I wrote, the unlock effects now work on any Android 8.0+ device.
  • Offers a wide variety of wallpapers to choose from. You can choose from astonishing green sceneries like the ones present in the Forest wallpaper, or submerge yourself in the red abyss of Mars, stopping by North Pole's cold Glaciers.
  • NEW! Code reworked from the ground-up. With proper help of a VCS tool, all code is now shared among all APKs of each version, making it easier for future updates, and who knows what more surprises to come... ;)
Known limitations we have in mind so far:
  • AOD wallpapers won't work nor apply on any device, no matter it being Xiaomi or any other brand. This is due to a restriction with these being signed with my own key instead of your device's OEM platform key. If you are interested in including these in your ROM, please contact me and I will gladly assist you on re-enabling AOD features. Please, only contact me if you are a ROM developer.
Versions available:
We currently have the following options available:
  • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Forest" and "Glacier" in the case of Earth.
  • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Central Mountains of Hale Crater" (exclusive!) and "Evergreen Garden" (exclusive!)
These options come as well in three different variants:
  • Default, which behaves just like Xiaomi intended these wallpapers to be, following your system dark theme and your clock to go dark or bright accordingly.
  • An "Always light/bright version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay bright no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.
  • An "Always dark version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay dark no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.

This makes 9 wallpapers for each, Mars and Earth, and a total of 18 live Super Wallpapers included.

Want to see how they look like? 👀

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION HERE!
MIRROR
(all APKs in a folder) | last updated 2020-05-05

Follow me on Twitter to stay up-to-date
and get sneak peaks of upcoming works!

XDA:DevDB Information
[MOD] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!, App for the Android General

Contributors
linuxct

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-05-05

Created 2020-05-06
Last Updated 2020-05-06
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 03:21 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor
Flag Sheffield

Donate to Me
More
Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper in both Always Dark and Always Bright versions looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it.

As it turns out, that was an issue on my side. The APKs for 'Evergreen Garden' Always Dark and Always Bright versions have just been updated to look the way they should! Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

As a side note, if you are currently using MIUI 11 and wish to use these wallpapers, please check the post quoted below by @balcis in order to get them fully working, including on your lockscreen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcis

For those who are in my situation I may have found a workaround. I opened MI themes app, and downloaded any livewallpaper and set it for home and lockscreen. After that I've opened Google wallpaper app and selected superwallpaper and it worked.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 03:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you so much for your hard work on porting these wallpapers , the previous version worked flawless on my s7 edge , trying to download the new updated ones but it keeps saying no mirrors found on androidfilehost , i will try downloading again in few hours
6th May 2020, 05:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxct

Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it. Enjoy!

Thanks for Sharing, but always no mirros found, i can't DL them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaguerarra

Thank you so much for your hard work on porting these wallpapers , the previous version worked flawless on my s7 edge , trying to download the new updated ones but it keeps saying no mirrors found on androidfilehost , i will try downloading again in few hours

Same Here, always "OOPS! no mirrors found."
The Following User Says Thank You to ryan_sarchan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryan_sarchan Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 07:06 AM |#5  
Flag kochi
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Same.here no mirror found...

Also it's v difficult to download each and every apk separately.. u shud make 4 zips.
1. All mars bright.zip
2. All earth bright.zil
3. All earth dark.zip
4. All mars dark.zip

On android filehost it's v difficult to download the files separately
6th May 2020, 07:41 AM |#6  
i wish there was a way to unlock this wallpapers on a stock miui 12 device like my mi 9t pro. i just want to have the always bright and unlock wallpapers for mars.
6th May 2020, 07:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it. Enjoy!

You cleared before I raise this doubt
Everything works with smooth animations.
Thanks for your contribution

Edit: Mars Default Evergreen gardens & Mars Bright Evergreen gardens looks entirely different. Not talking about the the bright green or dark, the whole picture is different
6th May 2020, 08:08 AM |#8  
Flag Sheffield

Donate to Me
More
Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestions, you were right. For some reason the download links weren't working albeit being uploaded correctly to AFH. I've updated the link to the download, it's a MEGA folder so it should be pretty fast. Enjoy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 08:09 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 158

Donate to Me
More
Looks really cool

I take it I can/must install several of these at once to check out the variations?
Would it be possible to create an APK simply containing everything, or e.g. all Earth or all bright wallpapers?

[Edit]Literally one minute before I posted that you might consider using MEGA, you wrote it yourself [/Edit]

Thank you very much.

Regards,
sub
6th May 2020, 08:19 AM |#10  
Flag Sheffield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subworx

Looks really cool

I take it I can/must install several of these at once to check out the variations?
Would it be possible to create an APK simply containing everything, or e.g. all Earth or all bright wallpapers?

As others reported, AndroidFileHost can't find mirrors currently.
Maybe a folder on Mega would be a good alternative to AFH.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
sub

For now, and given the amount of posibtilies / what pieces of code had been modified, it was only possible if the APKs were completely separated. I get your point, but the fact is I modified blobs which aren't really possible to be switched in runtime... That's why.

In some other news, we made it to the XDA-Develipers.com portal again! Thank you!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 08:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 158

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

For now, and given the amount of posibtilies / what pieces of code had been modified, it was only possible if the APKs were completely separated. I get your point, but the fact is I modified blobs which aren't really possible to be switched in runtime... That's why.

Short and precise explanation which I completely understand and am fine with, thank you once more

Quote:

In some other news, we made it to the XDA-Develipers.com portal again! Thank you!

Congratulations

Regards,
sub
The Following User Says Thank You to subworx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift subworx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
live, miui12, port, super wallpaper, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)