FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Official Google Play Store Dark Theme mod on Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, Pie

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Mr. JAVI, Member on 3rd October 2019, 05:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Google Play Store Dark mode wth root ,Xposed and an additional app/apk. However, the app does not require root and may work as a standard alone.

Tested on Samsung Note 4 n910p api 23.

First, download Xposed module "Google PS Dark
Theme Enabler" by Alex193a. Activate module, reboot, and launch Google Play Store app, tap top left 3 bar icon and go to settings. theme and toggle Dark. If this works then there is no need to proceed any further. If not, try developer options dark mode and enabled it.
As for me, there was no such option provided anywhere in the settings and although, I enabled Dark in the Play Store, the theme remained unchanged.

Second, if you still dont have Dark Play Store themed yet then I suggest trying "Night Mode" by Subham Tyagi. This app provides the ability toggle dark mode when none is present and should not be confused with a screen filter or dimmer.

A BIT OF A WARNING

This app/apk is not available on the Play Store, however, it is available on F-Droid" or "G-Driod".

I am not the developer of either the Xposed module nor the Night Mode app. Furthermore, Google constantly updates the Play Store and this may or may not work in the future.
3rd October 2019, 05:07 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Screen Shots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-02-21-36-50.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	4834065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-02-21-36-43.png
Views:	472
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	4834067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-02-21-36-35.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	4834069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-02-21-36-11.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	4834071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-02-21-35-37.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	4834073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-02-21-34-52.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	4834075  
12th October 2019, 06:29 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Update and possible work around (un-tested)

I still have dark mod theme working on lasted uodate
However toggle is missing that is necessary to enable this mod to begin with s I offer this as a suggestion.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...ote-4-t3981001
13th October 2019, 01:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
At the same time, you won’t be very surprised by the technical characteristics on paper, because we often pay attention to the performance of smartphones in synthetic tests, and this also applies to Note 4
16th October 2019, 01:21 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesmerizingLake

At the same time, you won’t be very surprised by the technical characteristics on paper, because we often pay attention to the performance of smartphones in synthetic tests, and this also applies to Note 4

Thank you for posting and welcome

You seem educated with android but perhaps you miss understood. This mod is not on paper. The theme is applied to Note 4 marshmallow 6.0.1. . Testing technical characteristic and sythetic testing , as you suggest, "applies to the Note 4". (the real world).
I should mention, I was aware of this but think it is of provides useful information .
In fact you seem so confident. and your methods so Scientific , then you have must have technical data based evidence and the data from te systematic testing that " applies to the Note 4" as you mention. Just to be clear, this is necessary to add creditability to you statement., otherwise it is simply conjecture, opinion, speculation, theory, fantasy, fiction and just irrational whimsical Jibber jabber. iBack it with Empirical evidence and provie factual data . To mention technical, synthetics tests but offer not fact. Really?
I will also "speculate" , that when you mention "we often pay attention" that perhaps you taking a class or course and wish to in lighten us hear on XDA. ; ) Great! . Formal training will provide a strong foundation and that is a fact but I also submit that if a person thonks they know everthing how can there learn anything new.
I admit I found a bit of humor in you statement "and that also applies to the Note 4" LOL, If you think sbout it hshahehe. WoW, Google is currently development of Android 11 and 64bit is a requirement in submitting apps to Google play store by 2021, recent changes and app bundles ank api's ,security issues, and anti-trust bearig down on Googe Android ? That the Note 4 released way back in 2014 os of that much importance. You real crack me. up!!! aThanks for the laugh bro... LOL. Your Hilarious. Thanks for the laughs.
I also wish to encourage you to continue with you education. PleaseI have mentioned will prove useful in other endeavors. I welcome your data that specificly " applies to the Note 4". Thank you. I cant stop laughing .. For real...
16th October 2019, 03:13 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
uhI will say , Im glad somebody posted. I just never expected it to be do funny. "and that also applies to the "Note 4" OK.
17th October 2019, 09:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Studio7
Best Architects in chennai is a creative team of design professionals providing architecture and interior design solutions for residential and commercial projects.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
play store dark mod 2019, theme, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)