FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NO Root]Google Pixel Navbar Style for all devices - no root etc required

1,212 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,056

Post Reply Email Thread
Google Pixel like Navbar

Description:
As I found no method to get my navbar like the Google Pixel without rooting (and even the methods with rooting didnt work correctly), I want to share a way with you to get the navbar style like the Google Pixel ones on every device running Android 5.0 or later.
You can choose between:
- the normal layout (Back - Home - Recents)
- reversed layout (Recents - Home - Back)
- reversed colorful layout (Recents - Home - Back + the colors you can see in the title picture)

WARNING: I have taken a LG G3 Layout as base! Maybe my premade backgrounds wont fit with your device. Just test it. If it dont work you can easyly make one yourself, read more below!

How does it work?
First you need to download an app called "Navbar Apps". This App is already a powerfull app, but cant change the look of the navbar icons itself.
Now as the new Pixel Icons are still based on the Android 5/6 ones, I created a new "background" for the navbar apps app. The app will take my picture as a background wall, but on the wall self it contains already the new Pixel Icons I have mady myself.

How to install... & DOWNLOAD
1.) Download "Navbar Apps" and buy as an in app purchase the ability to use selfmade custom backgrounds (this is needed) or just search for an Pro version crack in the web (not recommended, show some support to the dev!)
2.) Download my PixelNavbarXXX.png Picture
3.) Go into the App and choose "Image - Show image under Nav Bar", then under the 3 dots (or on older versions the + FAB) and select import picture. Then Choose my picture.
4.) Turn OFF "Hide image when nav bar is transparent"

How to create your own Navbar to fit with your device?
I have attached the original Pixel Buttons, so you can make your own image. Take them as inspiration.
1.) Take a screenshot (the best would be with NO transparency and with a black background!)
2.) Open the screenshot with a picture editor
3.) Delete everything on the picture except the navigation bar (including all the black stuff!!)
4.) Fill out your navbar icons like the Google Pixel Ones are looking
5.) Make the rest transparent (for example with Gimp or Paint.net). You can find in the internet some tutorials on how to do this
6.) EXPORT the file as a .PNG file!
7.) Share your png file here and tell me your device name so other people can use yours

Other Informations:
- Android Version required: Android 5.0 or later! (otherwise my background is buggy)
- If you want even more Google Pixel feeling, take a look here on how to get the Pixel Launcher, Dialer, Bootanimation, Walls, Ringtones and more

Credit and Contribution:
- Damian Piwowarski for his "Navbar Apps" App
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FaserF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FaserF Ad-Free

13th October 2016, 02:11 PM |#2  
Flag Pärnu
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Nice, but I can't seem to fit it for nexus 5X.
13th October 2016, 02:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich | Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 2,056

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul

Nice, but I can't seem to fit it for nexus 5X.

added new instructions on how you can create your own, take a look below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaserF

How to create your own Navbar to fit with your device?
I have attached the original Pixel Buttons, so you can make your own image. Take them as inspiration.
1.) Take a screenshot (the best would be with NO transparency and with a black background!)
2.) Open the screenshot with a picture editor
3.) Delete everything on the picture except the navigation bar (including all the black stuff!!)
4.) Fill out your navbar icons like the Google Pixel Ones are looking
5.) Make the rest transparent (for example with Gimp or Paint.net). You can find in the internet some tutorials on how to do this
6.) EXPORT the file as a .PNG file!

The Following User Says Thank You to FaserF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FaserF Ad-Free
24th October 2016, 02:18 PM |#4  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thank you. I'm waiting someone do this with Nexus 5, 'cause I'm horrible doing any kind of image edition. And yeah, I tried to follow your tutorial and the results are... well.
27th October 2016, 05:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi! I made it for my Nexus 6P. After several failure this is my final and working png.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/h99b054mot9wslp
1st November 2016, 06:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackonod

Hi! I made it for my Nexus 6P. After several failure this is my final and working png.

Share bro??

Enviado desde mi LG-VS980 mediante Tapatalk
1st November 2016, 07:16 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonzales1977

Share bro??

Enviado desde mi LG-VS980 mediante Tapatalk

I already shared with the attached png. But anyway, maybe this is more simply for you, I uploaded to MF also...Enjoy, I hope will work for you

https://www.mediafire.com/view/h99b054mot9wslp
3rd November 2016, 11:38 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can someone please make one for a moto g4 plus?
4th November 2016, 03:04 PM |#9  
Flag Bila Tserkva

More
but its same as LP navbar
6th November 2016, 06:05 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 625

More
thanks for this. I got it working on my LG V20. I really like the Pixel style nav buttons. I actually had a Pixel XL for a week but didn't like the overall experience so swapped it for the V20 but I missed the nav buttons from the Pixel...but no more! Thanks.

PS. I used my thanks limit for the day FeelsBadMan
6th November 2016, 06:31 PM |#11  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Is it possible to get the home button animation with this method?
The Following User Says Thank You to harpin14789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harpin14789 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)