FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Substratum] M5 Theme for devices running Stock AOSP, or near, Nougat 7.1.2

594 posts
Thanks Meter: 499

Post Reply Email Thread
M5 Theme Logo

What's this?

This is a Substratum theme that was originally created for my device, a bq Aquaris M5 (hence the name).

But, since a lot of people may be using other devices that are, as well, running a stock AOSP version, or very close to AOSP, of Nougat 7.1.2, I've decided to try and make this theme compatible with any device independent of it's manufacturer or hardware specs. If it's running AOSP Android 7.1.2, then it should be able to use this theme.

Since this is my first Substratum theme, I am not sure if it really will work on any device. And so, I need XDA community help to understand if it really is, or is not, "universal" for any device running AOSP Nougat 7.1.2.

Please test the theme and reply on this thread. I will be very grateful.

Theme has been tested on AOSP, AOKP, LineageOS, Resurrection Remix and ViperOS. It's working on these ROMs (7.1.2, of course).

****EDIT**** The theme (kind of ) works on Oreo ROMs but it's only possible to apply the framework overlay (which means, you'll be able to change the default system accent color and switches).

What's themed?

This theme main objective is to allow users to change their device "base" color, that is, a color that will be used system wide, as well as, applying a different look onto Status bar and on Settings. On the other hand, it allows users to have their device with a "look" very close to Android Oreo.

I did not focus on applying the theme onto other applications because, being third parties apps, they can be altered, at any time, by their developers.

I have focused yes, like A LOT, into not having any "visual bugs", or with the least number of visual bugs possible (white text/icons on light backgrounds, or vice versa). At the same time, the colors available for choice are "pleasing to the eye".

On the near future I may add other colors and other stuff (like fonts, bootanimations...etc) but first, I really need to be sure that this works on many different devices.

Heads up:

Before start reporting bugs... I must remember you that it's not possible, AT ALL, to change battery's color, on Quick Settings, for AOSP ROMs.

Still. I've made an effort to make it look cool among side the other icons. It's frame is themed and, while on charging, it's themed as well.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this theme!

Video:

Change log:
  • Added accent colors to be applied system wide
  • Colorized Satusbar Quick Settings Icons, based on accent color
  • Light Theme on Statusbar
  • Oreo Adb Status Icon
  • Oreo Icons on Settings
  • Theme with Light Action Bar on Settings
  • Theme with Colored Action Bar on Settings, based on accent color
  • New Settings app Icon, based on Oreo
  • New bq Camera app Icon, based on Google Camera
  • Theme with Colored Action Bar on Documents UI, based on accent color
  • Dark Theme on Statusbar
  • Colors suffers a little change to make them "dark compatible", specially dark colors
  • Navigation bar icons (now fixed on xhdpi devices)
  • Dark Theme on Settings
  • New switch types (Material, Eddie, White Circle)
  • Redesigned Settings Icons

Prerequisites:

1 - Your device must be running a ROM based on AOSP Android Nougat 7.1.2! This means that it will not work on Samsung, Xperia, MIUI, etc. Any device that has it's own theming engine, except for the ones present on the already tested ROMs, or other android interface rather than AOSP, it will not work.

2 - Your device must be ROOTED!
If not, Substratum engine will not work!
-> Only for RRO (aka Legacy) ROMs or ROMs with OMS support but without "Interfacer".

3 - You must have Substratum installed -> GOOGLE PLAY STORE

Download:

M5 Theme for Substratum is now only on Google Play Store.

Print screens:

English - Please click HERE

Portuguese - Please click HERE

Spanish - Please click HERE

Credits:

Substratum theme engine Team - For Substratum

And a very specil thanks to these fellows for their guides and help:

@nathanchance
@djdarkknight96
@nicholaschum
@dully79
@rirozizo
@Spannaa

Cheers!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Typhus_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Typhus_ Ad-Free
20th February 2018, 12:05 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Theme has been updated on Play Store.

So far I've managed to test it running on Stock 7.1.2, on ViperOS and on LineageOS.

Still have to add more compatibility on ViperOS and LineageOS, since some of the quick settings tiles are not themed yet.

Either way, it's working and that's what matters.

Cheers!
24th February 2018, 02:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
New update available on the Play Store.

It's now fully compatible with AOSP, LineageOS, Resurrection Remix and ViperOS ROMs.

On RR we cannot use borders on the Quick Settings Panel or the Light Theme won't work (couldn't figure out why).

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!
4th March 2018, 10:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More

It now has an option to choose a dark theme on Settings and a new type of switch to be applied system wide (Iron Maiden fans will love it).

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!
6th March 2018, 11:58 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More

It's now fully compatible with AOKP ROMs.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!
10th March 2018, 01:07 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More

Light action bar theme Settings has been improved.

Added a new Switch type.

Added new Settings Icons and, now, the Settings Icons are themed as an option (to be able to choose between Oreo or Redesigned Icons). If you want to use your system default Icons, simply don't apply it.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!
11th March 2018, 06:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
New print screens available showing (almost) all theme variants.

It have been taken while on LineageOS 14.1 and in Spanish.

Have a look HERE.

Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
m5 theme, nougat 7.1.2, substratum

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)