FORUMS

View Poll Results: Should I split the theme? More on post #104

Yes

1 Vote(s)
100.00%
No

0 Vote(s)
0%

[THEME][SUBSTRATUM][AA] ANDROID AUTO WALLPAPER - Change the look of Android Auto home

494 posts
Thanks Meter: 286

By shmykelsa, Senior Member on 4th September 2019, 09:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2020, 05:26 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Guys, I really thank you for this app, but I just want to add a personalized background.
May you add the image in a release for me if I send you the file?
I'm from Brazil. My english is not very good, but I think I can translate something to Portuguese if you need.

Thanks.

Vinícius Abreu
[email protected]
22nd March 2020, 05:27 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabreu21

Hi Guys, I really thank you for this app, but I just want to add a personalized background.
May you add the image in a release for me if I send you the file?
I'm from Brazil. My english is not very good, but I think I can translate something to Portuguese if you need.

Thanks.

Vinícius Abreu
[email protected]

Sure you can

The theme is already translated in pt-BR. You can post the image here or mail me.
22nd March 2020, 05:39 PM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmykelsa

Sure you can

The theme is already translated in pt-BR. You can post the image here or mail me.

Okay, Thank You. I'll create it and mail you. It's a background for Pug 208.

Edit: Here are the files. I saved a dark and a clear wallpapers. Can you add these files please?
Thank you again.
23rd March 2020, 10:15 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Heya! Version 2.0.15 - Badges update is live!

This update will bring to Substratum AA Backgrounds new backrounds with vehicule badges! Don't worry, it's just part 1, more badges will come soon! Suggestions are appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotazione 2020-03-23 100341.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	4977075

Here's what's changed:
  • The theme reached 584 backgrounds
  • Added 12 wallpapers with vehicule badges
  • Scion logo is now in Substratum AA Backgrounds
  • Added 2 casual backgrounds: Red Stripes and TClown
  • Added custom Peugeot 208 background

SPLITTING THE THEME?

With the continuos growing in number of the backgrounds available in Substratum AA Backgrounds, I think that the process of installing a background is becoming a little bit uncomfortable. So here's a plan. With this update there are 145 backgrounds of either vehicule manufacturers logos or badges. It's more than 25% of all the backgrounds available.
I could make a separate version of the theme with just vehicule things so that the main one will have a smaller APK without all the logos and badges and the other one could be a smaller version all dedicated to vehicules. Let me know what you think making your choice at the poll on the top!

TRANSLATORS WANTED

Do you have 5 minutes for translating a bunch of strings in your native language? Please PM me or contact me on Telegram or mail me

Download on XDA Labs!

And don't forget that all the themes previews are available on Flickr!
23rd March 2020, 03:31 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmykelsa

Heya! Version 2.0.15 - Badges update is live!

This update will bring to Substratum AA Backgrounds new backrounds with vehicule badges! Don't worry, it's just part 1, more badges will come soon! Suggestions are appreciated

Attachment 4977075

Here's what's changed:

• The theme reached 584 backgrounds
  • Added 12 wallpapers with vehicule badges
  • Scion logo is now in Substratum AA Backgrounds
  • Added 2 casual backgrounds: Red Stripes and TClown
  • Added custom Peugeot 208 background

SPLITTING THE THEME?

With the continuos growing in number of the backgrounds available in Substratum AA Backgrounds, I think that the process of installing a background is becoming a little bit uncomfortable. So here's a plan. With this update there are 145 backgrounds of either vehicule manufacturers logos or badges. It's more than 25% of all the backgrounds available.
I could make a separate version of the theme with just vehicule things so that the main one will have a smaller APK without all the logos and badges and the other one could be a smaller version all dedicated to vehicules. Let me know what you think making your choice at the poll on the top!

TRANSLATORS WANTED

Do you have 5 minutes for translating a bunch of strings in your native language? Please PM me or contact me on Telegram or mail me

Download on XDA Labs!

Thank You very much!!!

25th March 2020, 09:55 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
So I've been doing some more thinking about splitting the theme.

As I've said in latest changelog's post, the theme is growing pretty big in size. On average that's about ∼1.5MB every update.

Not drammatical, but I understand that it can have an impact in size, especially when downloading updates.

As I've said before, I could make a separate "flavour" of Android Auto Backgrounds for Vehicule Badges/Logos/things, saving 25% of the size approximately, but I'm thinking of splitting it even more like as follows:
  • A main one
  • Vehicule categories (which will include the logos, the badges of latest update with more to come, the Vag update from version 2.0.13 etc)
  • Sport (currently there's NBA, NFL and some soccer clubs, but I expect it to grow pretty big in size)

So please, please, take a vote on the thread and let me know what you think. The poll is on the uppermost part of the thread. If you are reading this post from mobile, please visit the thread via browser in order to see the post. Whoever is the only one who voted: thank you. Now I really need more feedback.
1st April 2020, 09:18 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Heya! Version 2.0.16 is live !

Lots of changes in this version!

Here's what's changed:
  • The theme reached 604 backgrounds
  • Added 12 wallpapers from My Little Pony
  • Have you heard the news? SAAB is joining us with Android Auto support!
  • Removed Borgward logo. No one has a Borgward
  • There's now a way with new Substratum Lite release to let the user pick a wallpaper! See more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

SPLITTING THE THEME?

With the continuos growing in number of the backgrounds available in Substratum AA Backgrounds, I think that the process of installing a background is becoming a little bit uncomfortable. So here's a plan. With 2.0.15 update there are 145 backgrounds of either vehicule manufacturers logos or badges. It's more than 25% of all the backgrounds available. Also there are almost 90 backgrounds sport-related.
I could make 3 separate versions of the theme. One with just vehicule things (logos, badges...), one sport-related and the main one will have a smaller APK without all the backgrounds from the other ones, and the wallpapers will be easier to browse. Let me know what you think making your choice at the poll on the top (be sure to check the thread from browser)!

TRANSLATORS WANTED

Download on XDA Labs!

3rd April 2020, 08:36 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Heya!

A new beginning is here!

Ladies and gentleman, I introduce you the brand new face of personalization for Android Auto. Substratum AA Backgrounds is now Wallpapers for Android Auto (WP4AA).

All the wallpapers you enjoyed in Substratum AA Backgrounds will now come in three smaller themes. Smaller updates, smaller packages, more space on phone and much better browsing for the background to apply into Substratum!

Wallpapers for Android Auto will now be released in 3 different variants. More on the OP.

I'll post the changelogs when a new version is gonna be released here, but all the downloads link will now be into OP, so be sure to head there right now!

Wallpapers for Android Auto initial versions will be of course three:

WP4AA - General version - 1.0
  • Now counting 338 Wallpapers
  • No changes since Substratum AA Backgrounds

WP4AA - Sport Version - 1.0
  • Now counting 90 Wallpapers
  • No changes since Substratum AA Backgrounds

WP4AA - Vehicles Version - 1.0
  • Now counting 167 Wallpapers
  • Added: Alfa Quadrifoglio, Alfa Veloce, AMG, BMW M, Z06

F.A.Q.

What happens if I have Substratum AA Backgrounds previously installed? Nothing. If you applied a background, it will stay, but if it falls into one included in sport and vehicles, you won't be able to "build" it back in case you uninstall the overlay for any reason.

Do I have to download all the three themes in order to use them? Of course not, choose whatever you need

Will I be able to update Substraum AA Backgrounds without losing datas? Sure!

So be sure to head down to OP for download and for all the previews on Flickr!
Yesterday, 08:06 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Heya!

WP4AA - Vehicles Version got updated to 1.1

Here's what's changed:
  • Fixed bad naming that resulted in some VW wallpapers not applicable, thanks @ryanfraser38

TRANSLATORS WANTED

[SIZE="5"]Download links and previews on OP!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, automotive, substratum, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)