FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME][SUBSTRATUM][AA] ANDROID AUTO WALLPAPER - Change the look of Android Auto home

378 posts
Thanks Meter: 215

By shmykelsa, Senior Member on 4th September 2019, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2019, 12:11 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapdes

I have the oneplus 7pro

Hm... Have you got Substratum 1022 installed?
10th November 2019, 01:11 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmykelsa

Hm... Have you got Substratum 1022 installed?

Yup the latest substratum beta 1022, Android Q 10.01 and AA 4.8.59, magisk 20.2
Everything installs OK with no errors but it doesn't apply the overlay
10th November 2019, 01:46 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yup the latest substratum beta 1022, Android Q 10.01 and AA 4.8.59, magisk 20.2
Everything installs OK with no errors but it doesn't apply the overlay

Is the overlay indeed enabled in the manager section of Substratum?
10th November 2019, 02:13 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

Is the overlay indeed enabled in the manager section of Substratum?

Yes I believe it is, I enable it after rebooting and it turns green which I assume means it's enabled.
I've also tried rebooting again after that as well.
10th November 2019, 03:15 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I believe it is, I enable it after rebooting and it turns green which I assume means it's enabled.
I've also tried rebooting again after that as well.

Weird... Do you have other themes enabled and do they build and apply fine?
10th November 2019, 06:46 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

Weird... Do you have other themes enabled and do they build and apply fine?

I didn't have any other themes enabled, but to test it out I installed swift black theme and it worked like it should, and still nothing with android auto unfortunately
10th November 2019, 07:03 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I didn't have any other themes enabled, but to test it out I installed swift black theme and it worked like it should, and still nothing with android auto unfortunately

Just to clarify... Are you using Android Auto on car's screen or phone screen? Cause this theme applies to car only
10th November 2019, 07:46 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

Just to clarify... Are you using Android Auto on car's screen or phone screen? Cause this theme applies to car only

This is on the car screen, in my chevy truck, there actually is no phone interface anymore, since Android auto is built directly into Android Q, I have no app icon for Android auto anymore.
10th November 2019, 07:59 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is on the car screen, in my chevy truck, there actually is no phone interface anymore, since Android auto is built directly into Android Q, I have no app icon for Android auto anymore.

Uhm... Sounds very weird to me... But there's something you can try. On Magisk Manager, go to Modules and erase Substratum with the trash bin icon (be careful that this will wipe any overlay installed, if you care about re-setting every overlay, make a backup). Reboot. Open Substratum, it should build the module again. Reboot and then follow the standard procedure to apply the overlay, so build it, reboot, and enable it.

It happens sometimes that the Magisk Module gets buggy. It could be the case. If it's not, I should investigate even deeper, but that's worth a try.
10th November 2019, 08:21 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

Uhm... Sounds very weird to me... But there's something you can try. On Magisk Manager, go to Modules and erase Substratum with the trash bin icon (be careful that this will wipe any overlay installed, if you care about re-setting every overlay, make a backup). Reboot. Open Substratum, it should build the module again. Reboot and then follow the standard procedure to apply the overlay, so build it, reboot, and enable it.

It happens sometimes that the Magisk Module gets buggy. It could be the case. If it's not, I should investigate even deeper, but that's worth a try.

I tried your steps exactly, the magisk module rebuilt the overlays compiled and installed without errors, after rebooting they enabled fine. But still no change.
I appreciate all the help you've given me so far.
11th November 2019, 12:54 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried your steps exactly, the magisk module rebuilt the overlays compiled and installed without errors, after rebooting they enabled fine. But still no change.
I appreciate all the help you've given me so far.

I could have found the culript by seeing the logs on my OnePlus. It could be that Android Auto has changed some resource. Stay tuned.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, automotive, substratum, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)