FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Air Mirror don't work with my Galaxy S4

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By troobadu, Guest on 4th December 2014, 01:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I can't seem to connect via Air Mirror for my Galaxy S4. My phone is stock & rooted. Android 4.4.2, firmware version I9500XXUGNH4. I'm running Xposed if that has anything to do with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i9500.png
Views:	852
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	3047585  
 
 
4th December 2014, 02:55 PM |#2  
jt1998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 762
 
Donate to Me
More
Same here. AirMirror isn't working either. Galaxy S4, rooted, Android 4.4.4 Goldeneye ROM v45. Really would love it to work!!!
4th December 2014, 03:10 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
same here. air mirror not working, rooted 4.4.2 ozcan room i9500.
xposed installed.
4th December 2014, 03:27 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Yes, I have the same trouble with my Galaxy s3, Rooted and stock android 4.3... airmirror don't stop loading the screen
Connecting to your device...
and nothing else happen, but airdroid got the su rights though
4th December 2014, 08:17 PM |#5  
quicksand10's Avatar
Member
Flag Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Not working for me either on my Galaxy Note 4, stock, rooted, xposed and SELinux permissive...

Says connecting, airdroid gets SU privilege and runs the vncServer command, but nothing happens.

Would really love this to work!
5th December 2014, 04:12 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm on a s4 google edition rom 4.4.4

I don't think AirDroid 3 has even asked for SuperSU rights, everytime I open the app it just crashes and says "Unfortunately, AirDroid has stopped." Haven't once gotten it to work. I finally did get the windows client to login but that's useless since the app on my phone crashes everytime I try to open it.
5th December 2014, 01:40 PM |#7  
jt1998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 762
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slee2714

I'm on a s4 google edition rom 4.4.4

I don't think AirDroid 3 has even asked for SuperSU rights, everytime I open the app it just crashes and says "Unfortunately, AirDroid has stopped." Haven't once gotten it to work. I finally did get the windows client to login but that's useless since the app on my phone crashes everytime I try to open it.

Did you try clearing the AirDroid's app cache/data then trying again? If still crashing, uninstall, reboot, then reinstall. Usually fixes right up for me. Good luck. But, I also still can't get AirMirror to work, but the app opens without any glitches for me.
5th December 2014, 06:06 PM |#8  
Junior Member
San Mateo, CA
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1998

Did you try clearing the AirDroid's app cache/data then trying again? If still crashing, uninstall, reboot, then reinstall. Usually fixes right up for me. Good luck. But, I also still can't get AirMirror to work, but the app opens without any glitches for me.

It doesn't work on my Mac/Yosemite & Samsung Galaxy Note 4 either. I granted SuperSU on the phone and on the Mac it opens the AirMirror window and just hangs at "Connecting to your device..."
5th December 2014, 07:29 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1998

Did you try clearing the AirDroid's app cache/data then trying again? If still crashing, uninstall, reboot, then reinstall. Usually fixes right up for me. Good luck. But, I also still can't get AirMirror to work, but the app opens without any glitches for me.

Yes I cleared data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, even did it again after you gave the advice to....still crashing right after I open the app. Then I get weird quick vibrations with no error messages.
5th December 2014, 07:44 PM |#10  
jt1998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 762
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slee2714

Yes I cleared data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, even did it again after you gave the advice to....still crashing right after I open the app. Then I get weird quick vibrations with no error messages.

Yikes sorry friend. Don't know what to tell you. Their blog says may not work with some ROMs, etc. Dunno.
5th December 2014, 07:47 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1998

Yikes sorry friend. Don't know what to tell you. Their blog says may not work with some ROMs, etc. Dunno.

Thank you for your help my friend. I tried looking on their blog (At least the first page) and couldn't find any text about ROM compatability. Could you link me to the post if you have any free time?

It is strange because the previous version of AirDroid was working just fine on the same ROM but the new version 3 doesn't work and I don't see why it shouldn't work...unless they completely rewrote the app which I doubt
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes