FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Please Help Root My Not Supported 2018 Virus infested Unbranded Chinese Android phone

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By OfficiantOne, Junior Member on 1st March 2019, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been all over trying to find a root that'll help delete these preinstalled apps with viruses on this darn Android phone. They all say root failed Not Supported. I don't need to root for major installs, I need it to delete these apps, that's all. The phone's an unbranded model: A9 (2018), CPU: MTK6592 Octa core, Android 8.1, Kernal version 3.10.72, RAM 4G & ROM 64G. Also if I can't personally root this phone do you think I can take it to a pro and have them to do it. Someone, please help.

7th June 2019, 07:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Well, you'll have to get the correct files (scatter file, TWRP installer, etc.), but try this procedure:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...0/post79358295

Don't use the files for the Blu Life One X3, each phone has its own files, and using the wrong ones will brick your phone.

But I've found that (for the Blu Life One X3, with a Mediatek MT6753 chipset) just as the phone shuts down, it drops all security, allowing one to push TWRP to the phone as bootloader. That's your 'in' to getting the thing rooted, even if your bootloader can't be unlocked.
8th June 2019, 01:00 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusty Rugnuts

But I've found that (for the Blu Life One X3, with a Mediatek MT6753 chipset) just as the phone shuts down, it drops all security, allowing one to push TWRP to the phone as bootloader. That's your 'in' to getting the thing rooted, even if your bootloader can't be unlocked.

Wow. That is probably the dumbest root method i've ever seen. xD
8th June 2019, 05:08 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzivalWolfram

Wow. That is probably the dumbest root method i've ever seen. xD

How, exactly, is it dumb? It works. My phone is rooted, and the bootloader cannot be unlocked.
8th June 2019, 01:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusty Rugnuts

How, exactly, is it dumb? It works. My phone is rooted, and the bootloader cannot be unlocked.

Dumb as in "wow, i can't believe the manufactuers left in this glaring hole", not dumb as in "wow this is dumb you suck nerd." My bad.
8th June 2019, 07:14 PM |#6  

More
Ah, I see.

It's a good thing that MTK's chipset has this vulnerability... and I don't think MTK can quash it without a major revamp of their chipset architecture, which they likely wouldn't undertake just to stop a few folks rooting their devices.

What surprises me is that the entire Android industry hasn't embraced rooting. There are ways nowadays to ensure the phone isn't stolen (fingerprints, PINs, etc), so why they continue to fight it is beyond me... there's more innovation on the rooting and FOSS side than on the 'lock it down' side. Innovation and openness is what drives users to use the phones in the first place. If we wanted a 'walled garden' user experience, we'd go with Apple... with the understanding that Apple knows everything about us, and with the hope that Apple doesn't go Google-evil.

I'll go with a known-evil company that I can lock out rather than a company that may someday go evil (or may be evil, but no one knows they are), but which cannot be locked out even the slightest bit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)