[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alephzain

Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

Here an one-click application to install Superuser and su binary on phone. Look at the compatibility list here to see if this application can be useful for you.
Feedbacks on supported devices will be greatly appreciated in order to update the compatibility list. Post your feedback here
Superuser and su binary include in application work from android 2 to 4.

!! Important !!
Success with this application void warranty on your device.
If you need help, read the FAQ first before posting your question in the help thread

If you like my work, you can buy Framaroot donation app
Many many thanks to all donors

Installation
  1. Download it on your device (links are available at the end of this post)
  2. Install it with a file explorer or directly from your internet browser, if android warn you about security risk, say OK and check Unknown sources to allow install of applications outside of Play Store.

Usage

Open Framaroot and select one of the following action: Install SuperSU, Unroot or Execute script (for advanced users)

Possible case once application is launched
  • A popup saying "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot", in this case you can uninstall app
  • You seeing one or more exploit name, also click on one after you have selected an action and you will see one of the above messages

Possible case once exploit is selected
  • "Success :) ... Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device"
  • "Failed :( ... Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed"
  • "Half-Success :-/ ... system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root", happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
  • "Failed :( ... Try another exploit if available"
  • Framaroot crash or freeze, in this case relaunch Framaroot a second time and select the same action and exploit

Advanced usage
Click here

Release:

Version 1.9.3: Update SuperSU to 1.99r4. Add Czech translation thanks to efIT^cz™.
Version 1.9.2: Update SuperSU to 1.94. Fix error #15.
Version 1.9.1: New action (Execute script) added which will allow you to execute a custom script. Ukrainian language added thanks to Bogdan.
Version 1.9.0: Add Barahir exploit (potentially affect Mediatek based devices).
Version 1.8.1: Another attempt to fix crashes.
Version 1.8.0: Add Faramir exploit, little brother of Boromir (potentially affect Mediatek based devices).
Version 1.7.1: Link to Framaroot donation added (it does nothing as this kind of application are forbidden on play store ... but it could do something someday)
Version 1.7.0: Due to a mistake, Pippin exploit didn't appear in exploit list, its fixed now (Huawei device owners welcome). Add Gollum exploit for AMLogic based devices.
Version 1.6.1: Remove Superuser as it fail to install. Add execution support from adb command line.
Version 1.6.0: Add Pippin exploit (potentially affect Huawei K3V2 based devices)
Version 1.5.3: An attempt to fix Gandalf error#10
Version 1.5.2: Revert to exploitation fix included in 1.4.1. Add Slovakian and Italian languages. Error # added in toast message when exploit failed (report the error number in this thread so I could give you the reason of failure). Previously fix for Framaroot crash was a dirty hack, with this version you shouldn't encounter crash.
Version 1.5.1: Should fix Framaroot crashes.
Version 1.5.0: Add Boromir exploit (potentially affect many Mediatek based devices).
Version 1.4.3: Update SuperSU to 1.34. Rewrote the fix include in 1.4.1 for better but slower exploitation.
Version 1.4.2: Add Russian and French languages. Add scrollbar for exploit list. Update SuperSU to 1.30
Version 1.4.1: Fix a bug in exploitation due to the different kernel data alignement between version and devices, so if exploits didn't work before it "may" work with this version if your device is vulnerable
Version 1.4: Add Gandalf exploit (potentially affect Qualcomm based devices, tested on Nexus 4, as always feedbacks are welcome)
Version 1.3: Add Aragorn and Legolas exploits (could affect wide range of samsung devices including non exynos devices, please give feedbacks for your devices. Thanks)
Version 1.2.1: Fix unroot bug. Improvements for exploitation. Embed SuperSU 1.25
Version 1.2: Add possibility to Install Superuser, Install SuperSU and Unroot
Version 1.1: Frodo exploit added
Version 1.0: Initial release

Supported devices:
Click here

FAQ
Is framaroot work on my device ?
If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes but it depends of your firmware version, latest firmware have less chance to be rooted.
If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.

Why framaroot doesn't root anymore after I update my device ?
Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can't root your device anymore. Framaroot's exploits have a very short life to keep your device "less exposed" to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.

I loose root after update, what I can do to root my device now ?
An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don't update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don't flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device

Will framaroot include more exploits ?
Yes, but don't ask when since I don't know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.

Framaroot crash when I select Gandalf exploit ?
Often the first time you launch Framaroot by selecting Gandalf as exploit, it crash Framaroot. Don't worry, in this case you have to re-launch Framaroot and select Gandalf again, the second time it should work.

What means error# on result ?
All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable.
If you get error#10, give a try with Framaroot 1.5.3.
All other errors need some investigation about your kernel image.

Framaroot say Success but SuperSU is not installed after reboot ?
Maybe there is some additional protection on your device or something goes wrong with SuperSU version embedded in Framaroot.
In this case, I recommend to use "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

What can I do when the result is Half-success ?
You see this message when the /system partition on your device is a read-only filesystem (eg: SquashFS). To handle this case Framaroot try to use a trick by adding "ro.kernel.qemu=1" in file /data/local.prop. To test if this trick work you have to reboot your device and connect to it with adb shell. Once connected type the "id" command to see if you are root.
If you are not root, your last chance is to select "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

Attachments

• Framaroot-1.4.1.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 9,549,973
  • Framaroot-1.4.2.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,757,376
  • Framaroot-1.4.3.apk
    2 MB · Views: 589,300
  • Framaroot-1.5.0.apk
    2 MB · Views: 483,209
  • Framaroot-1.5.1.apk
    2 MB · Views: 4,547,635
  • Framaroot-1.5.2.apk
    2 MB · Views: 978,477
  • Framaroot-1.5.3.apk
    2 MB · Views: 2,041,449
  • Framaroot-1.6.0.apk
    2 MB · Views: 4,189,020
  • Framaroot-1.6.1.apk
    908.2 KB · Views: 2,434,913
  • Framaroot-1.7.0.apk
    1 MB · Views: 1,005,094
  • Framaroot-1.7.1.apk
    1 MB · Views: 513,590
  • Framaroot-1.8.0.apk
    1 MB · Views: 956,042
  • Framaroot-1.8.1.apk
    1 MB · Views: 2,194,632
  • Framaroot-1.9.0.apk
    1 MB · Views: 1,548,462
  • Framaroot-1.9.1.apk
    1 MB · Views: 6,540,471
  • Framaroot-1.9.2.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,002,140
  • Framaroot-1.9.3.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 35,463,658
Last edited:

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston
Re: [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click application to root some devices

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - SPH-D710
Android 4.1.2
Build GA10
Exynos4 processors

Results: Exploit failed
Possible Reason: Samsung has patched the kernel in this build.

I post these results to avoid future questions and comments. I suspect this will be successful on prior builds where the exploit is left unpatched.

EDIT: and BTW, FIRST!!!! LOL!

Bugging up my phone, so you don't have to!
sigpic4619062_4.gif

Last edited:

alephzain

Sep 29, 2010
Android 4.1.2
Build GA10
Exynos4 processors

I post these results to avoid future questions and comments. I suspect this will be successful on prior builds where the exploit is left unpatched.

sigpic4619062_4.gif

Framaroot 1.1 released, Frodo exploit has been added. Give it a try ;)

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
Is there an app similar to how easy this app is to root if we want to unroot? Besides flashing an unrooted one click of course. I have insurance on my E4GT and just want to know if I can reverse this if I need to bring in phone for repair or replacement.

I think in the exploit repair/root app that you or chainfire made had the ability to remove the repair but not sure about unrooting, think that would be a great app feature to unroot.

Thanks

Last edited:

alephzain

Sep 29, 2010
Is there an app similar to how easy this app is to root if we want to unroot? Besides flashing an unrooted one click of course. I have insurance on my E4GT and just want to know if I can reverse this if I need to bring in phone for repair or replacement.

I think in the exploit repair/root app that you or chainfire made had the ability to remove the repair but not sure about unrooting, think that would be a great app feature to unroot.

Thanks

Superuser have a temp unroot feature. It certainly exists many apps which does unroot.
I think I will include an unroot possibility in Framaroot.

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston

I take it it wont work for my phone :silly:
Thanks for the help!
If you're still unsure, you can try it and post your results. Worst case scenario, the app will tell you that root failed and you can uninstall it. :D

sigpic4619062_4.gif

nuzbabu

Jul 6, 2006
fyi,

got A popup saying "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot", now i will uninstall app

this is on LG P769 tmobile us.

Reactions: hivoltman

manoit

Dec 13, 2010
Any software glitches

I will be getting a Verizon version, and I was wondering if there is any ill effects from this method. Such as camera malfunction or a similar issue. I have heard of root solutions that break certain functionality of certain parts of the software. Anyone having any of these issues?

shadoom23

Dec 11, 2012
I've used it on my Samsung Note 2 NT7100 4.1.2 stock
It worked fine for a while but after some hours i tried to chat in whatsapp (as i did before) and it froze and kept spamming a popup with "radio has been granted superuser permissions" after a while it completely froze trying to reboot it got it stuck in the "Samsung" boot log.

I had to take out the battery to get it running again, lets see for how long it will stay like that.

alephzain

Sep 29, 2010
I've used it on my Samsung Note 2 NT7100 4.1.2 stock
It worked fine for a while but after some hours i tried to chat in whatsapp (as i did before) and it froze and kept spamming a popup with "radio has been granted superuser permissions" after a while it completely froze trying to reboot it got it stuck in the "Samsung" boot log.

I had to take out the battery to get it running again, lets see for how long it will stay like that.

Hmm, your chat app require root permission ? Its a strange behaviour. Did you already root your device before using your chat app ?
Seeing "radio has been granted superuser permissions" if your application doesn't mention it require root is not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here an one-click application to install Superuser and su binary on phone. Look at the compatibility list here to see if this application can be useful for you.
    Feedbacks on supported devices will be greatly appreciated in order to update the compatibility list. Post your feedback here
    Superuser and su binary include in application work from android 2 to 4.

!! Important !!
    Success with this application void warranty on your device.
    If you need help, read the FAQ first before posting your question in the help thread

If you like my work, you can buy Framaroot donation app
    Many many thanks to all donors

Installation
    1. Download it on your device (links are available at the end of this post)
    2. Install it with a file explorer or directly from your internet browser, if android warn you about security risk, say OK and check Unknown sources to allow install of applications outside of Play Store.

Usage

Open Framaroot and select one of the following action: Install SuperSU, Unroot or Execute script (for advanced users)

Possible case once application is launched
    • A popup saying "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot", in this case you can uninstall app
    • You seeing one or more exploit name, also click on one after you have selected an action and you will see one of the above messages

Possible case once exploit is selected
    • "Success :) ... Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device"
    • "Failed :( ... Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed"
    • "Half-Success :-/ ... system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root", happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
    • "Failed :( ... Try another exploit if available"
    • Framaroot crash or freeze, in this case relaunch Framaroot a second time and select the same action and exploit

Advanced usage
    Click here

Release:

Version 1.9.3: Update SuperSU to 1.99r4. Add Czech translation thanks to efIT^cz™.
    Version 1.9.2: Update SuperSU to 1.94. Fix error #15.
    Version 1.9.1: New action (Execute script) added which will allow you to execute a custom script. Ukrainian language added thanks to Bogdan.
    Version 1.9.0: Add Barahir exploit (potentially affect Mediatek based devices).
    Version 1.8.1: Another attempt to fix crashes.
    Version 1.8.0: Add Faramir exploit, little brother of Boromir (potentially affect Mediatek based devices).
    Version 1.7.1: Link to Framaroot donation added (it does nothing as this kind of application are forbidden on play store ... but it could do something someday)
    Version 1.7.0: Due to a mistake, Pippin exploit didn't appear in exploit list, its fixed now (Huawei device owners welcome). Add Gollum exploit for AMLogic based devices.
    Version 1.6.1: Remove Superuser as it fail to install. Add execution support from adb command line.
    Version 1.6.0: Add Pippin exploit (potentially affect Huawei K3V2 based devices)
    Version 1.5.3: An attempt to fix Gandalf error#10
    Version 1.5.2: Revert to exploitation fix included in 1.4.1. Add Slovakian and Italian languages. Error # added in toast message when exploit failed (report the error number in this thread so I could give you the reason of failure). Previously fix for Framaroot crash was a dirty hack, with this version you shouldn't encounter crash.
    Version 1.5.1: Should fix Framaroot crashes.
    Version 1.5.0: Add Boromir exploit (potentially affect many Mediatek based devices).
    Version 1.4.3: Update SuperSU to 1.34. Rewrote the fix include in 1.4.1 for better but slower exploitation.
    Version 1.4.2: Add Russian and French languages. Add scrollbar for exploit list. Update SuperSU to 1.30
    Version 1.4.1: Fix a bug in exploitation due to the different kernel data alignement between version and devices, so if exploits didn't work before it "may" work with this version if your device is vulnerable
    Version 1.4: Add Gandalf exploit (potentially affect Qualcomm based devices, tested on Nexus 4, as always feedbacks are welcome)
    Version 1.3: Add Aragorn and Legolas exploits (could affect wide range of samsung devices including non exynos devices, please give feedbacks for your devices. Thanks)
    Version 1.2.1: Fix unroot bug. Improvements for exploitation. Embed SuperSU 1.25
    Version 1.2: Add possibility to Install Superuser, Install SuperSU and Unroot
    Version 1.1: Frodo exploit added
    Version 1.0: Initial release

Supported devices:
    Click here

FAQ
    Is framaroot work on my device ?
    If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes but it depends of your firmware version, latest firmware have less chance to be rooted.
    If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.

Why framaroot doesn't root anymore after I update my device ?
    Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can't root your device anymore. Framaroot's exploits have a very short life to keep your device "less exposed" to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.

I loose root after update, what I can do to root my device now ?
    An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don't update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don't flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
    And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device

Will framaroot include more exploits ?
    Yes, but don't ask when since I don't know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.

Framaroot crash when I select Gandalf exploit ?
    Often the first time you launch Framaroot by selecting Gandalf as exploit, it crash Framaroot. Don't worry, in this case you have to re-launch Framaroot and select Gandalf again, the second time it should work.

What means error# on result ?
    All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable.
    If you get error#10, give a try with Framaroot 1.5.3.
    All other errors need some investigation about your kernel image.

Framaroot say Success but SuperSU is not installed after reboot ?
    Maybe there is some additional protection on your device or something goes wrong with SuperSU version embedded in Framaroot.
    In this case, I recommend to use "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

What can I do when the result is Half-success ?
    You see this message when the /system partition on your device is a read-only filesystem (eg: SquashFS). To handle this case Framaroot try to use a trick by adding "ro.kernel.qemu=1" in file /data/local.prop. To test if this trick work you have to reboot your device and connect to it with adb shell. Once connected type the "id" command to see if you are root.
    If you are not root, your last chance is to select "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.
    Framaroot 1.9.1 is out

Hi,

Framaroot 1.9.1 is out with a new action : Execute script.

For advanced users only

Use this action at your own risk. Im not responsible for what you will do with it.

Framaroot can execute a custom shell script when it root your device. To use this feature, you have to name your script "custom" and put it in /sdcard/ in order to have the following path : /sdcard/custom
    An example of what /sdcard/custom could be :

Code:
    cat /sdcard/myappneedsystem.apk > /system/app/myappneedsystem.apk
    pm install /system/app/myappneedsystem.apk

You can do all what you want in your script (including brick your device) so be careful.

If you want to automate all the process from your PC, you can launch Framaroot from an adb shell directly :

Code:
    $ adb shell am start -n com.alephzain.framaroot/.FramaAdbActivity --es exploit Barahir --ei action 2

Available values for action argument:
    • 0 -> Install SuperSU
    • 1 -> Unroot
    • 2 -> Execute script (/sdcard/custom)

Available values for exploit argument:
    • Sam (affect Exynos devices only)
    • Frodo (affect Exynos devices only)
    • Gimli (affect Omap36XX devices only)
    • Merry (affect Exynos devices only)
    • Aragorn (affect Samsung devices only)
    • Legolas (affect Samsung devices only)
    • Gandalf (affect Qualcomm devices only)
    • Boromir (affect Mediatek devices only)
    • Pippin (affect K3V2 devices only)
    • Gollum (affect AMLogic devices only)
    • Faramir (affect Mediatek devices only)
    • Barahir (affect Mediatek devices only)
    Android 4.1.2
    Build GA10
    Exynos4 processors

sigpic4619062_4.gif

Framaroot 1.1 released, Frodo exploit has been added. Give it a try ;)

Android 4.1.2
    Build GA10
    Exynos4 processors

sigpic4619062_4.gif
    This root method is no longer supported and does not work on recent devices. Thread closed.