[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,790

By alephzain, Senior Member on 2nd February 2013, 06:26 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
3rd June 2013, 09:46 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So this voids the Warranty (for Padfone Infinity)?

What happens if I'd like to bring my phone to ASUS for servicing/repair?
3rd June 2013, 03:32 PM |#382  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Smile Step by step on how I rooted and got Sky Go (UK satellite TV app) to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine333

Odd, I also have this firmware but it keeps failing for me. So you just installed this app, chose Superuser from the pulldown and then clicked on gandalf? Or did you install the App "Superuser" first and then do it?

To confirm I am on build number JZO54K.TW_Padfone-10.6.8.16-0 and yes I installed the Framaroot apk (v1.4.1, was top of the list at the time) and ran it, I did specify Install SuperSU, not Install Superuser (personal preference), then clicked the Gandalf exploit option. Didn't take long to run, maybe 30 seconds then confirmed I had root. I then rebooted via terminal emulator app, to test root. i.e. typed "su", got the pop up and allowed root access, then typed "reboot". After the reboot the phone automatically downloaded an updated version of the Super SU app from the Play Store, I also installed the Busybox app and ran the Smart Installer in that, then rebooted again to make sure all was ok. I was then able to use Root Explorer fine, to copy my Build.prop file somewhere safe first, then open and amend it and then save it in place (checking the permissions were ok afterwards) and reboot again, once I'd checked that the change had 'stuck' in the build.prop I then re-ran the Framaroot app and ran the UnRoot process after uninstalling Busybox again first. After a reboot I then sideloaded the Sky Go app as it's still not showing in the Play Store for us Padfone Infinity peeps! hence all this messing around The Sky Go app installs fine wtyposithout doing all this but when you try and sign in it states the device is unsupported but after tweaking the build prop (to make the product name 'Nexus 7') it works great, have to unroot too as Sky Go no likey rooted devices due to DRM restrictions.

Hope that helps

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeveah

So this voids the Warranty (for Padfone Infinity)?

What happens if I'd like to bring my phone to ASUS for servicing/repair?

Not sure that Rooting is voiding warranty? Unlocking the bootloader (if there was an unlock tool/method) does?
It is fully reversable, as per my post just above I managed to root, tinker a bit then unroot fine
3rd June 2013, 10:35 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up Lg l7 ii p714
New users of LG L7 II P714, do not be afraid.

First I tried to root with Gandalf exploit... Exploit failed.

Then I tried with Aragorn... SUCESS!!

After, i tested with softwares that demands root acess... all ok!

Thank you so much, alephzain!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TOPTIP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TOPTIP Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 02:13 AM |#384  

More
Quoted from first page:

"!! Important !!
Success with this application void warranty on your device.
Read the FAQ before posting your question."
4th June 2013, 03:14 AM |#385  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Sadly, it didn't work on my Padfone 2 with 4.1.1 starhub firmware. I wonder is it due to the firmware itself.
4th June 2013, 03:27 AM |#386  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killkyo

Sadly, it didn't work on my Padfone 2 with 4.1.1 starhub firmware. I wonder is it due to the firmware itself.

What version is your firmware? Strange that it's so hit and miss with Padfone 2. Mine doesn't work either. Somebody else had success with the exact same TW firmware as mine (10.4.16.8-0), so what's the key difference here?
4th June 2013, 04:25 AM |#387  

More
How do I get the latest firmware to the Padfone Infinity? I had just gotten the phone 2 days ago and did an updated, however, it's still on 10.6.8.12-0.
4th June 2013, 08:14 AM |#388  
Thanks Meter: 388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek1984

Please segregate the list in alphabetical order. Thanks

Do it yourself and post/pm the results to the OP, you lazy bastard.

trying this tomorrow on friends Virgin S2, will post results tomorrow. thanks OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to VikingoRMCF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VikingoRMCF Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 09:04 AM |#389  
Flag Wejherowo / Poland
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingoRMCF

Do it yourself and post/pm the results to the OP, you lazy bastard.

I don't asking you for your stupid opinion. Besides you write anything,only people click thanks on your post. ASS LICKER
4th June 2013, 09:15 AM |#390  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 12,042

Donate to Me
More
Fight fight fight , go go go
Keep calm people
Peace and love it's watt the world need

Enviado do meu HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to danieldmm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danieldmm Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 05:17 PM |#391  
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Worked perfectly on my wife's Samsung galaxy s 2 generic non cdma on frog wireless/ntelos and her friends virgin mobile galaxy s 2 epic 4g touch. Excellent work!

Sent from my venomous One X+ on AT&T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyMetalHighVoltage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HeavyMetalHighVoltage Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk, framaroot, root
Previous Thread Next Thread