Google Camera Port
This is a support thread for apks created by Arnova8G2. Here you'll find basic instructions on how to use this port and how to properly report bugs.
- The camera2 api needs to be enabled;
- Most versions only work on Snapdragon SoCs, but some work on Kirin and Exynos processors;
- 64 bit ROMs are a requirement;
- Doesn't work on phones without RAW support (eg: some Sony devices);
- Newer versions may work only on new Android versions. Old versions might be better for old Android versions;
- FAQs and troubleshooting
- Slow motion is broken on some phones and Android versions;
- Some devices have issues with their front cameras (eg: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T). You might have to install a fix (if available for your phone) or disable HDR+ on the front camera (setting only available on some apks);
- Features on new Google Camera versions may take some time to be ported;
ARCore and Playground:
If you want to say "thanks" to Arnova8G2, use his donation link:
How to report bugs:
If possible, post on a thread for your phone (check this list or your phone's forum) or here if you can't find a thread for your phone. Please describe the issue and give details about your setup:
- Phone, ROM, any fixes installed;
- Name of the apk you're using;
- Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
- A logcat if there's a crash (How to save a logcat: video guide, advanced guide);
- Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;
- Mention @Arnova8G2 username;
- Your report will be ignored if no logs or a good explanation is provided.
- Arnova8G2 will do his best to fix bugs, but keep in mind that this is a free port and he also has his personal life.
Example of a report:
@Arnova8G2 Portrait mode crashes on my OnePlus 3 running LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1). I'm using "GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk".
To reproduce, open the app, go to portrait mode using the front camera, and take a picture.
Here's the crash log: <google drive link>