[GCam] Camera PX for Google Pixel 1 / 2 / 3 / 3a / 4

1,197 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,098

By cstark27, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 5th December 2018, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th December 2018, 12:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
This is truly the best mode thus far. Kudos for the work, man.
5th December 2018, 01:13 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOlli

Gives me 410 gone Error when trying to Download

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
5th December 2018, 01:38 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@cstark27 topshot/recommended shots stopped working with photos shot with p3v8. also tried clearing data and cache many times with no luck. i also have the motio photo on. rest is working sooper fine. thanks for the update✌️
5th December 2018, 01:38 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Can't get to the download I don't know if there's an issue with it just letting you know thank you for your hard work

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
5th December 2018, 02:00 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstjohn1

Can't get to the download I don't know if there's an issue with it just letting you know thank you for your hard work

open it in a browser with open link a new tab option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surya1078 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surya1078 Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 02:09 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I am running "PieX BETA ROM"(Android Pie) on my Nexus 5x, and I tried installing the P3v8 App on it.
Every time I use "night mode", the "Quick Step" launcher crashes when I try to quit the app.
I tried this many times, each time, after using the night mode, the launcher crashes.
Then I have to (most of the time) restart the phone to get everything working again.

Is there any trick to get this to work?
Thanks.
5th December 2018, 02:21 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,098

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by note3exynosbd

Amazing work 🥂 However, there seems to be a problem if the PVC is used. After rapidly taking multiple photos in normal mode or portrait mode, there is a delay to take the next shot. In Pv7 without the PVC, this wasn't the issue.
True, PVC does help process faster though.

Yes there are still limitations to the config. I hope Google is working on improving it to match or exceed the great work they have done to utilize the Hexagon DSP, and then hopefully they make it the default method in the future. But who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname729

What's the problem with pixel 3 AWB in HDR Enhanced? Just wonder should I switch it off or not

See "Google Camera Features" under Introduction in the OP to see what it does. Then know that the Pixel 3 applies this learning based AWB to HDR+ Enhanced, as well as night mode. Some may not prefer to have this behavior on their older Pixel phones where it may not be as accurate, and/or doesn't capture the scene as your eyes see it. This setting does not disable it for Night Sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surya1078

@cstark27 topshot/recommended shots stopped working with photos shot with p3v8. also tried clearing data and cache many times with no luck. i also have the motio photo on. rest is working sooper fine. thanks for the update

I still see the strip of photos ("Shots in this Photo") when swiping up in Google Photos. Do you have that still? Recommended and Best Shot has always been random for me, and I don't use Motion Photos by default so my experience is limited. I have a link in the FAQ in the first post on how to get Top Shot working. Basically you just need the listed Google Photos installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOlli

Gives me 410 gone Error when trying to Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichie

Same here

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstjohn1

I am told this happens if there are too many requests at once. Try again later or when @S4turno gets a chance to upload to his mirror website https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cstark27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cstark27 Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 02:22 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

@cstark27 topshot/recommended shots stopped working with photos shot with p3v8. also tried clearing data and cache many times with no luck. i also have the motio photo on. rest is working sooper fine. thanks for the update

Make sure you have the 4.6 Daydream 500+ DPI Photos app. Just google it.
It is working fine here with v8. I am really digging the new options in the cam
The Following User Says Thank You to wbgenetic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wbgenetic Ad-Free
5th December 2018, 02:43 PM |#19  
Flag Bahawalpur
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hi @cstark27 thank you for update everything working great portrait working now.....
But night sight saturation too much Greenish now in P8 version....
Can we have stock saturation.,..?
And more request can you please add this Mod from BSG....Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181205-132450~2.jpeg
Views:	1120
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	4658878

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
5th December 2018, 03:37 PM |#20  

More
@cstark27 i too get the photo strip but not the recomended shot. have tried taking different photo poses which previously suggested recommended shot in p3v7 but not in p3v8.
5th December 2018, 04:14 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:

@cstark27 i too get the photo strip but not the recomended shot. have tried taking different photo poses which previously suggested recommended shot in p3v7 but not in p3v8.

Did you test this against the stock cam app as well? That should let you know if it is indeed related to the modded gcam or not.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)