[GCam] Camera PX for Google Pixel 1 / 2 / 3 / 3a / 4

1,198 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,121

By cstark27, Senior Member on 5th December 2018, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2020, 08:27 AM |#2621  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Do the modded libs for Magisk work on 11 beta? Before I go and try to flash them on my Pixel 3.
29th June 2020, 04:19 PM |#2622  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hi all, love this app. Is there a way to record in the background with the screen off? With all the police brutality here in the US, I would love this to be an option if possible. Other apps exist but they don't work right and I'm also leery of their permissions.

Thank you!
1st July 2020, 09:24 AM |#2623  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
My Pixel 1 with this app combines to the far best phone camera I have used. Thank you very much for that.

One thing that makes it annoying is the file-names. All my files, specially all my photos are named with the date first so they will be sorted after the time they are made. This app makes a mess of my photo maps. Is there some way to sett the app to name the files different? I have not found any way to do that?

Edited: with the word "time" above I meant date and time . I want the files to be named after date and time regardless what process the camera app has used to produce the photo.
1st July 2020, 05:45 PM |#2624  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 14,198

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vildevilde

One thing that makes it annoying is the file-names. All my files, specially all my photos are named with the date first so they will be sorted after the time they are made. This app makes a mess of my photo maps. Is there some way to sett the app to name the files different? I have not found any way to do that?

It is stock gcam behavior. Image naming is done with
Code:
IMG_{insert_date_here}_{insert_time_here}
This makes sense, because otherwise if you would have date and time in reverse, the photos would be grouped by time, but taken at different dates. I don't understand the issue in this case, as this template is best for sorting images with their names. If you like, you can use regex rename setup (e.g. with MiX file explorer for android) or bulk rename utility on windows to change it to whatever you like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 05:53 PM |#2625  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

It is stock gcam behavior. Image naming is done with

Code:
IMG_{insert_date_here}_{insert_time_here}
This makes sense, because otherwise if you would have date and time in reverse, the photos would be grouped by time, but taken at different dates. I don't understand the issue in this case, as this template is best for sorting images with their names. If you like, you can use regex rename setup (e.g. with MiX file explorer for android) or bulk rename utility on windows to change it to whatever you like.

Sorry, my mistake I meant date and time when the photo is taken, (I will change that in my first writing) now there is different beginnings of the file names that has to do with the process the camera have used.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)