By cstark27, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 5th December 2018, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2020, 02:35 AM |#2461  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wccat22fan

Very good question! I'd love to have a guide that explains all of the possible settings and what they do, and any recommended settings.

for settings have a look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=2234

Sabre merge method
Sabre is a merge method created by Google that improves photo quality on some modes. Some call it "super resolution" because of the sharpness/detail improvements. It's used by Google for Night Sight, but some GCam mods also use it for zoomed photos and HDR+ Enhanced. Works with the RAW10 format (other RAW formats may result in black photos).

DCI-P3
Some versions come with a DCI-P3 option. On phones with displays that support DCI-P3, it should result in photos with more vibrant colours.
To learn more about this colour space, check the wikipedia page about DCI-P3.

ZSL = zero shooting lag
means you won't get camera freeze after taking a HDR+ auto shoot. It is build-in the Google Camera 4.2 and only works on Pixel phones.

I started to collect information about the settings but as you see it's still on going ... but will be continued by time.
to all: more input from members appreciated so we maybe end up with a full description of what you can do and what is the benefit of it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TGHH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TGHH Ad-Free
22nd March 2020, 02:40 AM |#2462  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Developer posted no update since last 2-3 months m suprised because this devloper is been the quickest when it comes to updates ... Hope he is going fine ..
22nd March 2020, 02:42 AM |#2463  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_5in

Developer posted no update since last 2-3 months m suprised because this devloper is been the quickest when it comes to updates ... Hope he is going fine ..

but also depends on if it's worth working on it because of new features. To my knowledge there weren't any, so no new version.

But yes, hope everybody is doing fine! That's most important in those times.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGHH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TGHH Ad-Free
22nd March 2020, 07:40 PM |#2464  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys, what the "Super Res Zoom Always On" does? I'm using a Pixel 2 XL and using a tripod but there's no difference between on and off.
23rd March 2020, 06:36 AM |#2465  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatosokawaii

Guys, what the "Super Res Zoom Always On" does? I'm using a Pixel 2 XL and using a tripod but there's no difference between on and off.

Take a look at https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5goo...-res-zoom/amp/

Super res zoom takes advantage of hand shaking to get more detail. Especially when you zoom.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chorne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chorne Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 05:00 PM |#2466  
Hey @cstark27, hope you are well have been keeping safe amongst this pandemic. first of all wanted to thank you for this app, great job at this, no doubt. Have been using it for a while on my OG Pixel XL and had brought back new life into that phone. Have recently switched to a Pixel 3 and first thing I did was obviously download this app, and was happy to see the re-enable smart burst option as it is miles better than Top Shot that replaced it, however, I have never been able to get it working.

Device: Pixel 3
Version: Android 10 (March Security patch); Build: QQ2A.200305.002
Camera PX Version: Latest build v4.3 Based on Google Camera 7.2.014

Issue: When enable smart burst is selected, the video recording when pressing and holding down does go away but it is replaced by just a normal photo. I mean, no matter how long I hold down the shutter, it only takes 1 image, instead of a burst.
How am I able to reproduce it: Just press and hold shutter, it only takes 1 image when smart burst is enabled

Have I cleared app data and left settings alone: Yes
Does the issue still happen: Yes
Does the issue still happen with a certain setting enable or disabled: Yes

What Magisk Modules are enabled: None

Please find the attached logcat i took of the event. I hope you find the time to have a look at this issue and find a fix for it.
Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
yashlg97
Attached Files
File Type: txt Smart_Burst_Not_Working.txt - [Click for QR Code] (109.9 KB, 8 views)
25th March 2020, 06:36 PM |#2467  

More
it have some configs, gcam px of cstarks doesn't even have a option to use configs
how to find config option on gcam px 4.3, it doesn't shows.
25th March 2020, 07:30 PM |#2468  
Flag Vila Nova de FamalicĆ£o
Thanks Meter: 66

More
hi there, thank you for this, where can i find config for pixel 2 xl?
25th March 2020, 07:32 PM |#2469  

More
You can find in celzevedo
26th March 2020, 04:36 PM |#2470  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 41

More
does astrophotography work with the og pixel 1 in this mod?
28th March 2020, 02:06 AM |#2471  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Just found out how to get much, much better low light selfie portraits with the Pixel 3a (old camera PX version) , if the results are extremely dark and noisy:
-HDR+ enhanced for portraits must be turned on
-exposure time should be 1/4s
-Iso should be 3200 or 6400 in order to get a bright photo
-exposure compensation could help possibly

The difference is huge.
The Following User Says Thank You to quark-lepton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quark-lepton Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)